Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Tournament changed to 11/17. Sunday at 12:00 PST. Normal Sunday Tournament 11/10.
VC Presents: The Pokerface Tribute
Pokerface was a good friend. He always wanted to fight and was always fun and in a good mood. Recently there was some PvP drama and Pokerface was scammed. The Community rose up thanks to some specific players who brought up the issue all over the Diablo world. Poker was so moved that he sold the #1 Item score !@#$%^-*!'s Chicken to fund this Tournament. Pokerface was banned a few weeks ago. We shall always remember what he did. The gold has been saved and he has stated that he intends to allow the tournament to commence without him. Vicious Cattle was graced with the privilege of hosting this event. Some simple rules that Poker wanted: Equal gold for each class, each player plays twice. Pokerface has donated 5 Billion gold to this event.
Prize Pool: 5 Billion Gold
Each Class is allotted 1 Billion Gold.
First Place: 500 Million Gold
Sec Place: 250 Million Gold
Third Place: 100 Million Gold
Participant: 20 Million Gold
How to Enter:
- go to: http://www.viciouscattle.com/forum/thread-2367-1-1.html
- Must be an "Active PvP'er"
- Add Saltydog#1871
- Post your BattleTag and Class.
- Read the Rules.
- Sign up ends Sunday at 11:00 PST (11/17/13).
- Tournament runs Sunday at 12:00 PST (11/10/13)
Dual Elimination. BO5 Series, BO9 Finals, Skill Restrictions. US Server. Players may duel in private games until reaching the Round of Eight. 3 Day Tournament. The finals will replace Sunday's regular US 1v1 PvP Tournament. Only active players please apply to prevent no-shos. Each day each player is expected to add their opponent, duel them, and report immediately with the result to this thread.
Test 32 Player Bracket
Watch how 22 gets it done!
Balancing: Rules Thread (Always open to discussion)
- If there is something you think we should change/improve, please post in the above thread.
- Witch Doctor: Plague Bats banned vs DH.
Blood Ritual, Haunt, and Plague Bats banned vs Wizard.
Hex and Plague Bats banned vs. Barbarian.
- Barbarian: WOTB banned vs Wizard/WD.
No Threatening Shout vs WD/DH/Wizard.
- Demon Hunter: Sentry banned vs. Barbarian.
Thrill of the Hunt and Sentry banned vs Wizard.
- Monk: Blinding Flash banned vs Wizard.
- Wizard: Arcane Destruction banned vs All.
Some Pre-Existing Rules: These WILL be enforced.
- Players are not allowed to change gears and skills during battle.
- Players must actively engage their opponent at least once every 30 seconds.
- Players may not Summon Pets or set traps until the round begins.
- Players are not allowed to use the island in any way.
Edited by Saltydog#1871 on 11/7/2013 6:38 PM PST
How are these rules going to be enforced since players will be playing the match up on their own and report the result at the end of it?
hmm might come back and try out my wiz for this tourney! much respect to pockerface and VC for putting this and all the tournaments together. hopefully Blizz will give some love to the pvp scene soon to encourage these types of events and make them easier to play and organize and spectate.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.