Diablo® III

advice needed, how to best use the dagger

Just to BSO again, lol
the vengeance thorn dagger on my male monk: apophis

Obviously, dagger is not remotely the best for bell build, not even for off-hand.

But for other build, how to best utilize the high attack speed of the dagger.

I am current running the speed palm build, and I think it will work similarly with the trigen build. (please ignore the single LS, was only using that for act1 white mob exp farming).

The attack speed is nice so I do feel less strained on spirit. And since palm's explosion dmg is not based on weapon/toon dps, dagger seems to work better with speed palm.

With that said, dagger does affect DPS a bit, so I probably need to get more avg dmg from rings& amulet if that's possible.

As for off-hand, I am currently using WKL, but may eventually test out 2 dagger build if I can find another decent dagger to work around.

Any other suggestions on build and gear setup for the dagger much appreciated
Reply Quote
I think you are on the right track, Neuron.

WKL means SW:Cyclone + FOT:TC. You generate a lot of spirit due to high APS. The question is what to do with it. Overawe spam and palms are definitely great choices. Since you probably are slaughtering very fast, you may want to experiment first with improved mobility (the faster things die, the better mobility is).

Some options to improve mobility would be Resolve-->Fleet Footed (Resolve generally is not as helpful as you'd think) and maybe palm, or something else for DS:Q.

You could also try experimenting with Cyclone Strike: Implosion for the utility. It wouldn't do tremendous DPS with dagger/WKL, but it would bring more mobs into your big SW AOE, interrupt wind-up attacks, and potentially increase clear speeds by cleaning massive areas of mobs very fast.
Reply Quote
I think your best bet will to stab things with it, quickly.
Reply Quote
I think you are on the right track, Neuron.

WKL means SW:Cyclone + FOT:TC. You generate a lot of spirit due to high APS. The question is what to do with it. Overawe spam and palms are definitely great choices. Since you probably are slaughtering very fast, you may want to experiment first with improved mobility (the faster things die, the better mobility is).

Some options to improve mobility would be Resolve-->Fleet Footed (Resolve generally is not as helpful as you'd think) and maybe palm, or something else for DS:Q.

You could also try experimenting with Cyclone Strike: Implosion for the utility. It wouldn't do tremendous DPS with dagger/WKL, but it would bring more mobs into your big SW AOE, interrupt wind-up attacks, and potentially increase clear speeds by cleaning massive areas of mobs very fast.

Thanks.

yeah, I usually run act1 with fleet footed. But right now my new monk is a bit squishy due to low paragon, so I switched to resolve or NDE. Once he reaches 45k hp with ruby in helm, I will switch back to fleet footed again.

I have tried vota run with fleet footed, didn't like it at all. Even with double LS (at that time 5.9 LS with WKL at 260k dps), fleet footed made me squishy in vota. And I think with this 2.5 LS dagger, 5.5 LS will become more squishy even though dps loss is not much (1500 dps compared to my sword setup).

I will test out CS some time this week and see how this works.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Edited by Neuron#1807 on 10/28/2013 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]