Diablo® III

Will Trancendance make up for life steal?

Trying to add dps, and i no i need better weapons on both hands. If i ditch life steal on one hand i can get a much higher dps weapon. Is this not wise?
Reply Quote
Go for LOH super cheap who really needs life steal. But if you do ditch life steal on one hand look into getting LOH on it. This can provide a secondary sustain still but really lowers cost. I don't have any life steal and can play mp10 no problems.
Reply Quote
It depends on game style, doesn't it? Like if you want to be a pure tank (for example a cyclone monk) you need to have way higher life returns than 10-15k / sec loh can provide. If you are willing to run around, kite a bit and not be in the middle of the biggest fights you are good to go only ls + loh or loh only.
Reply Quote
I don't have many issues being in the middle of big fights and really don't kite any more than I did with dual life steal. Was playing just the other day with a cs monk and I was standing right beside him 85% of the time.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYXHIXTdtc
Reply Quote
Ok guys thx, Any recommendations on new weapons, and should it have dex on it, or just highest possible dps. I can get an EF, but with no socket but increases my dps
Reply Quote
I'm assuming they originally made transcendence and the barbarians "blood thirst" to be equal
Edited by SirNick#1744 on 10/26/2013 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Monks are in great shape for new patch!! Transcendence is getting buffed to i believe 160 lpss, right now it kinda sucks, but i believe when you implement everything that the devs wanted for survivability things will be A O K. i.e LoH, Lpss, Lps. DPS will be less, probably more uses of MoH over MoC b/c we all know now the best defense is great offense , which really should not be that way ( through testing i found this out but its pretty much a well known d3 ideology ) . But that is why they are taking away Lifesteal, b/c building survivability is kinda backwards.
Well right now i have invested in some gear, a little over 2k loh and i can do mp10, I'm tying to hit 2.5k but like I said, with the use of LoH, Lps, and Lpss monks will be a dominant force in the new patch!!
Reply Quote
Transcendence should make up for lifesteal. It'll just be a matter of whether you can make up enough spirit.
Reply Quote
I run with 2.8 ls with Transcendence, though I've never ran double ls, so never been spoiled, just learned to survive with just this lol (of course the ehp helps hehe).
Reply Quote
Are you playing MP10? If so, with only 150-200K PDPS, you'll really need double LS in order to facetank. So that essentially leaves you four options:

1. Keep the double life steal, facetank away at MP10.
2. Drop to single lifesteal, use a more hit and run/kiting method of play at MP10.
3. Drastically upgrade your gear, get your PDPS up (well?) over 200K, facetank with single liftesteal on MP10.
4. Drop down to a lower MP level, facetank away with single LS.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure the suggestion to switch your second weapon to LoH will help all that much. It will help your survive-ability a little, but a single weapon's worth of it isn't going to help much on MP10, and probably isn't all that necessary on lower MP levels. In order for LoH to really help at the higher MP's, you'll really need to be stacking it.
Reply Quote
Doing mp-8 now....I need to get better weps but so damn expensive.Do you think i should get an EF without socket/with LS......Adds about 10k dps, but losses about 70% CD damage...worth it?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
It depends on game style, doesn't it? Like if you want to be a pure tank (for example a cyclone monk) you need to have way higher life returns than 10-15k / sec loh can provide. If you are willing to run around, kite a bit and not be in the middle of the biggest fights you are good to go only ls + loh or loh only.

Sorry, gonna have to disagree with you. I run single LS, less than 3% at that, and I do not kite.
Reply Quote
10/28/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Wannabee808

Sorry, gonna have to disagree with you. I run single LS, less than 3% at that, and I do not kite.

But you're also running with a shield and significantly better gear overall than the OP.

Single LS, or LS plus LoH, is probably more than sufficient for MP8 though. I cleared through MP9 with about 1,400 LoH, 120K PDPS, and no LS, so OP could definitely go single LS and still handle MP8 or MP9. MP10 would be a pretty big challenge at his PDPS levels though. Probably doable, but dual lifesteal would make a tremendous difference.
Reply Quote
Hi Overg I wasn't comparing my gear to the OP's (on my phone and can't see the details anyway). Was just commenting on Notrius's comment that without dual LS (at least that's how I read it) you need to "kite a bit". If you read his statement he does not once reference the OP's gear and just makes a broad statement. It's all good :)

Also to show that other ways of gearing are viable and you do not need dual LS. :)
Edited by Wannabee808#1418 on 10/28/2013 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Umm, Echo fury question guys hellooooo, joking, but not really ^^
Reply Quote
EF? What about EF OP? :P

Edit: nvm saw the post if it's relatively inexpensive why not?
Edited by Wannabee808#1418 on 10/28/2013 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When I get home I'll take a better look at your profile OP. Looks like you're a fire monk. I was once upon a time, in fact I might have some fire items you could have. :)
Reply Quote
Fire monk?.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]