Diablo® III

BlizzCon Lore and Story Panel - What Would You Ask?

Community Manager
We know there are a lot of players who enjoy exploring the rich history of Sanctuary and we would love to hear more about what kind lore or story-related topics interest you. So, for our latest community question, we want to know: If you had the opportunity, what single lore or story question would you ask our Diablo III developers about Reaper of Souls?

Leave a comment below to let us know, or head on over to our latest blog and join in the discussion there: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11425597/
Reply Quote
Have we seen the last of Deckard Cain?
Reply Quote
What ever happened to Abdul al-Hazir?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
Who was Worusk?

The description text for the Immortal King's Triumph helm references a previously unheard-of Barbarian king by the name of Worusk. In all previous Diablo lore, the Immortal King has been understood to be Bul-Kathos, so where does Worusk come from all of a sudden?

I have more info and background in my post here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10388238798

I have been trying to get this question answered since launch! I hope you cover it during the panel. =)

Reply Quote
I would like to know more about the witch doctor's past. Does the WD dislike the "evil magic" it uses and sees it just as a means to an end?

Also it is scary that there are so few lore questions here. I hope this and the other major drop off of playerbase and forum users has awakened Blizzard to how desperately we need content.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
10/30/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Empty1
Also it is scary that there are so few lore questions here. I hope this and the other major drop off of playerbase and forum users has awakened Blizzard to how desperately we need content.

Lore has never been a very popular topic among the general player population. I don't think you can make guesstimates on the number of players who have or have not left the game based on responses to a lore-based thread.

Reply Quote
10/30/2013 06:44 PMPosted by Torus

I have a theory that he will return as the true embodiment of wisdom, because quite frankly human tyrael cant fill his boots in terms of knowledge.. or perhaps he does? remains to be seen.. also you guys owe it to the legendary Deckard after that awful tasteless death not even worth of a CGI cutscene, I could have bursted to tears with that you know? this event definitively deserved more importance on the story and for the diablo franchise as well

• I got another question, where did Adria ported after resurrecting diablo?
  • Edited by Colt#2370 on 10/30/2013 10:01 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Who will serve as a Aspect of Justice now that Tyrael took Wisdom place and Malthael is Death?
    Another important question connected to this issue is actually who was the Aspect of Death nefore Malthael?
    Reply Quote
    I guess this is a bit off topic BUT

Can we get Tyla Shrikewing's demon hunter SET instead of Natalya's

Some lore behind this guy will be really nice. Half the passive we have are his.
    Reply Quote
    Will we ever see(and battle) Andariel,Duriel, Mephisto and Ball in DIablo 3?
    Reply Quote
    I can't make it to Blizzcon but I was hoping that the developers could highlight some lore behind some of the zones we'll be seeing in Act 5 (apart from Westmarch, since this has already been touched on - although I'm sure we'll be seeing more if it anyway)....

And also, I was wondering if the Developers had any light to share about some of the other zones and areas we've seen on the map (like the Witch Doctor's homeland) but have not yet visited in-game.... Sanctuary is an awesome world!
    Reply Quote
    I know i've posted one on the blog, but i can't stop from asking :

Is there an equivalent soulstone for angels ? One deeply hidden in the Angiris Council Archives.
    Reply Quote
    Tornado - sup bro? - didn't zoltun kulle say in-game that he was attempting to use that black soulstone for those purposes? I think the Black Soulstone is the one that can trap demons AND angels. Or maybe he was just trying to get the Black Soulstone in order to study it in hopes to learn how to create one for angels...
    Reply Quote
    10/30/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Colt

I have a theory that he will return as the true embodiment of wisdom, because quite frankly human tyrael cant fill his boots in terms of knowledge.. or perhaps he does? remains to be seen.. also you guys owe it to the legendary Deckard after that awful tasteless death not even worth of a CGI cutscene, I could have bursted to tears with that you know? this event definitively deserved more importance on the story and for the diablo franchise as well

• I got another question, where did Adria ported after resurrecting diablo?

• We'll find out more about Adria in RoS :D She has not been forgotten....
    Reply Quote
    MVP - Diablo III
    View profile
    Deckard Cain and Leah.

It's strange, really. I grew more fond of Leah after getting "Leah's Theme" stuck in my head for a while. Composer and musicians did a nice job with that piece.
    Twitter: @Jaetch
    Reply Quote
    Are we done with Black Rock Ledgers?
    Lost story in that one.
    Reply Quote
    10/30/2013 06:44 PMPosted by Torus
    Reply Quote
    Lore has never been a very popular topic among the general player population. I don't think you can make guesstimates on the number of players who have or have not left the game based on responses to a lore-based thread.

Could not disagree more, Lore had its place in D1/D2 until Diablo 3 came along and killed it completely.

Why did Tyrael do nothing when Adria confirmed she was evil when she said she had tagged the prime evils souls ( some which she had no access too ) into the black soulstone ( which she also had no access too ) . She had single handedly undone all the work of D2, no one good would do this, these prime evils were smashed and gone, and yet Tyrael just lets this slide like its nothing...

Why did Blizzard change the writing style up from what worked in D1/D2? Why the 'epic' unrealistic writing style with the in your face story instead of a more realistic and subtle approach?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]