Diablo® III

BlizzCon Lore and Story Panel - What Would You Ask?

I want to know what will be the end with Leah. I know she isn't lost. I mean Diablo wasn't really killed. The stone survived . So in a sense Leah is now sitting with Diablo and all other lesser evils .

Can you imagine the conversation . She is Diablo's daughter.

Do you think once you go and try to save her soul you will realize she changed for ever ?
Reply Quote
What happened to D2 heroes?

What happened to Malthael? Is he literally the Grim Reaper/Death with all the roles of such or did he just gained the knowledge of Death Magic?

I would like to know about the relations between the Prime Evils. Why did Diablo went against his brothers with the Black Soulstone scheme?

I thought that they were complementary to each other, united and in some sense bonded. "Hate begets Destruction. Destruction begets Terror as Terror begets Hate."

What happens to the souls of Humans after death in Diablo universe? Is there a seperate realm similar to Paradise (read somewhere that this is were Cain's soul went but can't be sure of that)? Or are they becoming an Angel or Demon depending on some criterium like good deeds in life? The Abyss?
Reply Quote
How come we dont have any more info on the desolate sands?? can we get more lore in ROS on that, I thought that area was very interesting and would love more quests in that area to find ansers on the mystery of it all.
Reply Quote
Will we be visiting some old zones from Diablo 2 in Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls? I would love to revisit Rogue Encampment or the Kurast.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Faithful
Will we be visiting some old zones from Diablo 2 in Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls? I would love to revisit Rogue Encampment or the Kurast.

I think the game is only set for one region. Westmatch . Its only one act DLC.
Reply Quote
What happened to Adria? She is disappeared from the storyline at the end of Act 3.

Where is the real conclusion for Leah? All this talk about Leah soul being stronger than her body and her soul can resist Diablo's influence in Act 4 was basically nothing for the entire Act. We didn't even hear Leah's Voice when we were fighting Diablo. At least they should have given us that. They needed some hint that the Leah we know and care about as a friend was still in there but all we got was our character saying Leah was still in their but no proof to confirm it.

If we have to wait for Diablo 4 just for these two things then there will be a issues.

Not to mention will Diablo 3 be the first Diablo game to go beyond Act 5 for once?

Every past Diablo game, Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 only had 1 expansion and the storyline ended in Act 5.

Diablo 3 left way too many unanswered question in Act 4 and I doubt Act 5 in RoS can answer all of them since the unanswered question will need more than 1 Act to answer them all.
Edited by Edwin#1460 on 11/2/2013 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why not allow us to mend the World Stone and thus turn back everything undone by it... the death of Deckard Cain, the fall of Tyrael, and the creation of Diablo Prime... you know it's the end all beat all to this story... oops, I hope I didn't spoil anything!
Reply Quote
What happened to Adria? She is disappeared from the storyline at the end of Act 3.

Where is the real conclusion for Leah? All this talk about Leah soul being stronger than her body and her soul can resist Diablo's influence in Act 4 was basically nothing for the entire Act. We didn't even hear Leah's Voice when we were fighting Diablo. At least they should have given us that. They needed some hint that the Leah we know and care about as a friend was still in there but all we got was our character saying Leah was still in their but no proof to confirm it.

If we have to wait for Diablo 4 just for these two things then there will be a issues.

Not to mention will Diablo 3 be the first Diablo game to go beyond Act 5 for once?

Every past Diablo game, Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 only had 1 expansion and the storyline ended in Act 5.

Diablo 3 left way too many unanswered question in Act 4 and I doubt Act 5 in RoS can answer all of them since the unanswered question will need more than 1 Act to answer them all.

They said D3 will have 2 expansions. So maybe in the 2nd expansion we will see Adaria back or maybe even in this game .you never know what can happen . I mean blizzard seems to write the story as they go loll.
Reply Quote
I would have made the important aspects of the lore actually present in the game.

There are a ton of things that i NEED to know in order for the story to make sense that are only in the books.

I would love for you guys to stop doing this and start explaining that stuff in game please.
Reply Quote
How could you do this to us? How you could ruin the Diablo story in such an atrocious way?

Why instead of chosing a story that is dark, mysterious and epic like in the previous games, did you go with a story that is beyond horrible? Diablo is *not* WarCraft, we don't want a story full of cliché... did anybody of you ever read the Sin War trilogy?

Why introduce a character like Magda that doesn't fit the universe, why give Deckard Cain an unbelievably stupid death? Yes, go kill him.. but please make it epic, he was the last horadrim ffs. Instead you chose to show us how little you care for people that followed this old fellow for over a decade.

Why make Tyrael human? Why make on of the most badass figures of video game history incredibly lame? How can he turn into a human, WHEN HUMANS ARE THE OFFSPRING OF ANGELS DEMONS?! Why is he becoming human when he casts off his wings... WHICH IS HIS ESSENCE AS HE IS A MIXTURE OF SOUND AND LIGHT, MEANING IS !@#$%^- WINGS.

WHY in god's name would Tyrael become the archangel of wisdom?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He failed over and over in the game... everything he does is wrong.

Why is Belial the lord of lies WHEN HE SUCKS AT DECIEVING... OH LORD, WHO DIDNT SEE THAT COMING?

Holy crap. Just typing that makes me angry - and we're more than a YEAR after release.

So yes, my question is why? I understand a lot of your gameplay decisions, I understand that the D2 vets are not your key demographic... the game is designed for casual people, not only is the itemization trivial, the customization options non-existand and you literally CANNOT fail the game. It. is. not. possible.
But WHY did you chose to deny everything that makes the Diablo franchise awesome. Why also the story... why. blizzard. why.
Reply Quote
Moo?
Reply Quote
This really isn't a question, nor is it really about RoS. But I would like to know if Inarius (renegade arch angel being held captive in Hell) will ever make an appearance in future Diablo titles. I even went so far as to make a little fan fiction (It's 5 pages long) of what Inarius's return would be like, and the following events. It's funny, the one part of the story I'm so attached to, is probably the part we will never visit in the game. Though I think Inarius and Maltheol have a similar disliking towards humans, albeit for different reasons. To me, the return of Inarius would hypothetically bring the entire story of Diablo full circle, and would ultimately be the most sensible of conclusions.
Edited by zSnakez#1978 on 11/4/2013 8:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
"Valor shall turn to Wrath" was part of Cain's prophecy and has not yet been explained. Will we get a glimpse of Imperius' transformation to the embodiment of Wrath before Act V ends and leads to Act VI/expansion 2?
Reply Quote
Have you any plans to reveal the whereabouts of Lilith in the future?
Reply Quote
Will we findout more about

King rakkis?

Desolate sands?

The enchatress story and the prohit?
Reply Quote
Where is Leah now?

-Mowze
"My dream is to work at Blizzard"
Reply Quote
Can you guys expand more on the consequences of smashing the world stone, or even just in general about what the world stone actually did?

From the game and the book I gathered that smashing the world stone so far has allowed Azmodan and Belial to easily invade Sanctuary, and allowed the Nephalem to realize their true power (although that was already possible before this). Doesn't seem like it actually had a major impact on the game despite the importance it had in D2.

Additionally, the sin war books state that Inaurius stole the worldstone and used it to create Sanctuary. The worldstone was what allowed Sanctuary to be tethered to the physical realm (or something to that affect). Basically, according to the books, smashing the Worldstone had to have some MAJOR impacts on Sanctuary, and so far you haven't really shown any. This is mostly what I'd like you to expand on
Edited by Martimus#1266 on 11/8/2013 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]