Diablo® III

i have no interest in transmog

Its just like Dye items, but makes them BOA, makes me laugh.

PS: PVP/Arena???
90 Goblin Shaman
bad feature do not make up for the lack of good features
its just more wow makeup

Having this "bad" feature doesn't prevent "good" ones from happening. It's literally just something extra that you have.

10/29/2013 01:06 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo

If they had everyone all working on the same team this line of thought would be appropriate, but as any decent company, they have different teams for different stuff.

A better way to put it is, if they did not spend any time on transmog, you would not get more content elsewhere, because that's being handled by different people.

Kinda like their claim that they have different people working on the console and PC versions? When was the last time the PC version got any love?

But look. Even if what you say is true, some people would argue Blizzard should have allocated more of their resources (money) into a sub-team that actually makes the game play better, not just look better.

Why does the PC version need love right now? We have blizzcon in 2 weeks and the expansion in the next few months. You really want them to spend MORE time making changes now, potentially prolonging the time until the actual new content comes?

How they allocated the money is irrelevant, because they are independent. You could give more money to the other team, but it's not going to work out like you think.

Giving more money isn't going to make one team better than the other, and even if it did they're still working on different tasks.
I remember certain armor graphics were valuable in LOD.

Now anyone can copy/paste looks, oh well.
10/29/2013 01:34 PMPosted by GreyHew
Vanquishing hordes of Hell while looking like a total bad-!@# is important to guys too, not just "little girls playing doll dressup".

no its not important to guys, its a side show
the beardless are a subculture

10/29/2013 01:34 PMPosted by GreyHew
it's easier to call people who think differently than you "casuals" and tell them to "Go back to WoW"

the term "casual" is used to be polite.
if I were trying to be rude i would have said "women and children"
which are not the target audience for this type of product
i can think of so many other things i would like to see
instead of transmog

It's coming, whether you approve of it or not. Doesn't harm the game, at least, unlike so many of the changes the franchise has undergone so far...
instead of transmog

It's coming, whether you approve of it or not. Doesn't harm the game, at least, unlike so many of the changes the franchise has undergone so far...

so not one dev stood up and said "diablo doesnt need that, i have great ideas we should look into"
that is my problem. the lack of complexity

honestly....wow is a good game, let it keep its tranmog, and skill system, and stat based loot
did any of us buy d3 to play more wow?
Community Manager
does anyone really care how pretty my character looks?
this seems like little girls playing doll dressup

Being able to visually customize your character is something that many players enjoy, even in Diablo III. Unfortunately, right now it's super difficult to experiment with different looks (or even achieve certain looks) without crippling your character's power or efficiency. With transmogrification, players can continue to wear the gear that makes them feel powerful, while also wearing something that makes them feel pretty*. That seems pretty win-win to us, and certainly worthy of development resources.

Yes, not everyone will want to take advantage of transmogrification, but many players will and ideally it'll make their in-game experience more enjoyable as a result.

*See also: awesome, manly, epic, badass, like a boss, [positive adjective here].

10/29/2013 12:42 PMPosted by dewey
forgive me....for being a party pooper

I don't think you're being a party pooper at all. I just think you're voicing an opinion that might be different from other players you interact with. Having a differing opinion isn't bad and it certainly doesn't fall into party pooper territory. It's when you assume that your opinion is more valid than others (particularly if said opinion seeks to belittle the enjoyment of people who aren't you) and start to be a jerk about it that you need to be careful of your Double-P status. ;)

instead of transmog

The majority of design decisions aren't really binary like that (i.e. you get this OR that), and we've no plans to remove transmogrification at this point given the positive feedback it's received thus far.

Even so, let's entertain the discussion. What kind of features would you like to see in Reaper of Souls instead of or in addition to transmogrification? And why?
Edited by Lylirra on 10/29/2013 4:57 PM PDT
10/29/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Lylirra
Even so, let's entertain the discussion. What kind of features would you like to see in Reaper of Souls instead of or in addition to transmogrification? And why?

I think your transmog feature is a mistake, and I would much rather see you blatantly copy rifts wardrobe tab. I'm sorry, im very excited for transmog.. but not this transmog.
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/29/2013 02:09 PMPosted by dewey
Vanquishing hordes of Hell while looking like a total bad-!@# is important to guys too, not just "little girls playing doll dressup".

no its not important to guys, its a side show
the beardless are a subculture

it's easier to call people who think differently than you "casuals" and tell them to "Go back to WoW"

the term "casual" is used to be polite.
if I were trying to be rude i would have said "women and children"
which are not the target audience for this type of product

Excuse me?

<--Woman.

Since you asked :)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10014141423#11
I think this would be a great continuation on player customization.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10307610685?page=3#48
My "mock-up" is on the 3rd page.

Both in addition to transmog, which is looking awesome so far! (Good-bye Vile Wards)
If it gets rid of the clown look....I'm all for it.
does anyone really care how pretty my character looks?
this seems like little girls playing doll dressup

Being able to visually customize your character is something that many players enjoy, even in Diablo III. Unfortunately, right now it's super difficult to experiment with different looks (or even achieve certain looks) without crippling your character's power or efficiency. With transmogrification, players can continue to wear the gear that makes them feel powerful, while also wearing something that makes them feel pretty*. That seems pretty win-win to us, and certainly worthy of development resources.

Yes, not everyone will want to take advantage of transmogrification, but many players will and ideally it'll make their in-game experience more enjoyable as a result.

*See also: awesome, manly, epic, bada<em/>ss, like a boss, [positive adjective here].

10/29/2013 12:42 PMPosted by dewey
forgive me....for being a party pooper

I don't think you're being a party pooper at all. I just think you're voicing an opinion that might be different from other players you interact with. Having a differing opinion isn't bad and it certainly doesn't fall into party pooper territory. It's when you assume that your opinion is more valid than others (particularly if said opinion seeks to belittle the enjoyment of people who aren't you) and start to be ##!@!%%# about it that you need to be careful of your Double-P status. ;)

instead of transmog

The majority of design decisions aren't really binary like that (i.e. you get this OR that), and we've absolutely no plans to remove transmogrification at this point given the positive feedback it's received thus far.

Jewels and Runes. Jewels represent the ability to craft your gear stat by stat. Runes can take a set of low value items and make them incredibly valuable, changing the way people look at drops.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]