Diablo® III

i have no interest in transmog

It, seems, if i understand it correct the chief complaint seems to be "no one will want to buy the items i find, if they can craft for themselves" as if that's an UNintended consequence of the new (but old game direction design) that diablo devs are headed in... At every juncture that i have seen, when asked about the aspect of trade in the game, the new game design head, seems to have said that was the intent all along, like this is what they WANT to happen.

So... does this mean that the console is failing?, because trading probably doesn't happen there either? It seems like all the doom and gloom listed here, should already be affecting the console, and it should be doing horribly now....right?
Edited by Yehezikiel#1484 on 11/1/2013 3:45 PM PDT
11/01/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Lylirra
Wyatt told me to tell you “great point.” We’re looking into it right now. If the tech can support it, we’d like to grant players visual appearances for crafted Legendaries the first time they craft the item.
if that is not possible, might it be possible to craft legendaries as unidentified items and manually identify them after the crafting? I know that it is not the best way, but might be a way around the problem (if there is one).
EDIT:
Still that would allow also other players to identify it and unlock the skind... Well... Probably not a good idea.

Really hope to be able to use the hallowed defender skin for Crusader shields, I just love that skin. XD
Edited by Nightshade#1233 on 11/1/2013 4:27 PM PDT
11/01/2013 11:19 AMPosted by DrothVader
It’s more than a subtle hint. I actually just spoke to Wyatt this morning, and they’ve already tasked removing BoA from transmogrification. :)

Good, that little bit didn't make much sense to me. I see Transmog as a kind of dye so to speak and AFAIK using a dye doesn't make an item BoA.

However, making the item BoA for upgrading it still makes a lot of sense. I hope that part gets left in there.

not in my opinion. I still see NO need for BoA items in a game like Diablo if the auction house is gone, as long the experience of the game is not entierely focused on the economy of the game, I mean who cares if items are not BoA as long its about your experience in the game? Its your decisions to upgrade gear and with making it BoA you remove here the choice to give the item away if you dont need it anymore. Like to a friend or even trading it. As long as trading is not a core concept of the game I dont see a problem here.

BoA is a relict that came up with the auction house, now that the auction house is gone (most probably), why keep it? It doesnt make sense in my opinion.
Fantastic, mogging to my hearts content.
11/01/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Phaerius

Heh, I had to look this up in the urban dictionary.

Using terms from WoW here is like a pokemon player saying he's using a prize card when he taps an artifact in MTG.
11/01/2013 04:15 PMPosted by UGotGanked
Great news on removing the BOA from transmog. I have to ask why BOA is considered something necessary for any items in the first place though? It is needed to balance powerful items as the trade off? It is needed as an item sink to stabilize the game economy? I really question the need for either of these reasons. BOA IMO is just not needed at all, for anything. There is no need for an item sink, players will simply trade away or trash old items once they get upgrades. You don't need to BOA certain items to keep them linked to an account. The item market takes care of itself as time progresses and people get better. BOA is just a pointless limiter that is a waste of Blizzards time and everyone else's time. All it does is limit trading which is fun for many. The economy will be fine without BOA items. Let it balance itself through free trade without an AH system. BOA is just a waste of time to include in a Diablo game. That time and effort working on BOA gear could be spent on much more important improvements to the game.

Its needed b/c it makes perfect sense. It forces you to make a decision that has consequences......this game has almost none at the moment. Your choosing to make an item amazing by locking it or you can keep your very good item as is and wait for a better one. This game needs more DECISIONS that effect the player.
Its not detrimental and no one is actually giving an example of how it is detrimental other then I CANT USE MY OLD ENCHANTED ITEM TO GAIN CURRENCY FOR A NEW ITEM! I'm sorry but THATS THE TRADE OFF .... thats the sacrifice you make for making your item better NOW rather then waiting to find something LATER.

Your gonna be finding 100's and 100's of items....and only a handful will be ones you keep for yourself....so your complaint is out of that handful you can't sell those....but all the other 100's and 1000s that you have no use for they dont count for anything? Jesus you people just want this game more casual don't you? Hope Blizzard sticks to their guns I even hope they up the death penalty in SC.

Don't you get it? They want you playing more and trading less. Trading is still gonna be there but its no longer gonna be the number 1 source needed to get useful gear.
Edited by MASKOAA#1251 on 11/1/2013 7:38 PM PDT
11/01/2013 06:19 PMPosted by semiXform

Heh, I had to look this up in the urban dictionary.

Using terms from WoW here is like a pokemon player saying he's using a prize card when he taps an artifact in MTG.

Me too. I really thought he was talking about moogles or something...

... I also don't know what prize cards are... gamer culture lingo really needs some pruning.
Community Manager
10/29/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Utukka
If it gets rid of the clown look....I'm all for it.

So, relatedly (I just made that word up), on the whole "clown-like" topic:

As some of you may know, when a Rare item drops, they have a random dye color automatically assigned to them. Currently, all dyes are considered valid options for Rare drops, which can lead to some pretty interesting outcomes.

We recently made a change to this mechanic, however, to restrict the kind of dyes that can do this. Basically, we've disabled a handful of the more...uhh, fabulous dyes from being auto-applied to Rare items.

The following dyes will be continue to roll automatically on Rare items: Abyssal, Infernal, Purity, Mariner's, Winter, Cardinal, Ranger's, Tanner's, and Desert.

The following dyes will (as of the pre-expansion patch, I believe) no longer roll automatically on Rare items: Lovely, Royal, Elegant, Summer, Golden, Autumn, Aquatic, and Forester's.

This should outright eliminate the dilemma of "Oh sweet, an upgrade for my Barbarian! Aaand it's bright pink again. Awesome."

Legendary and Set items that can be dyed? That thing we were told was being worked on. Even an update on that would be really nice.

That's certainly the goal, but it's a work in progress at the moment so not yet confirmed to happen 100%. In our internal builds, we've got dyes working for a lot of Legendaries, but certainly not all. We've still got some work to do to get the tech right, and of course...testing. :)
Edited by Lylirra on 11/1/2013 8:20 PM PDT
Yea certain LEG just wont look right dyed, for instance Vile Wards. We don't need all dyeable but ones were it makes sense would be nice like Inna's Pants.
MVP
11/01/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Lylirra
This should outright eliminate the dilemma of "Oh sweet, an upgrade for Barbarian! Aaand it's bright pink again. Awesome."

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bottled-smoke

Solves all of my problems. =P
View profile
This should outright eliminate the dilemma of "Oh sweet, an upgrade for Barbarian! Aaand it's bright pink again. Awesome."

Thank you for all these updates on the transmog process and now the dye feature! I like seeing the colors somewhat restricted.

Though I do not believe changing the dye on a current rare item is a problem for anyone! It simply requires you to go to town and buy a new color, not really a dilemma.

I think it would be more exciting if people had 1. the standard dyes still available in town, but 2. had some amazing dyes to strive for to replace that standard color ....cough..check out my Dye Improvements Ideas thread...cough
Edited by Wheresmymind#1233 on 11/1/2013 8:20 PM PDT
11/01/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Ysuran
Please make sure a transmogrification gets undone as soon as someone puts the item in a trade window. Could bring up a lot of whining if people click too fast and suddenly notice the item they just got is just looking like a huge weapon.

Fear not! The icon of the item will stay the same, it's only the actual character model that will sport the altered look. A transmogrified item's icon rather gains a symbol in the corner (based on the recent dev blog);

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/6QCUSKLFIBD21382581773285.jpg

That's certainly the goal, but it's a work in progress at the moment so not yet confirmed to happen 100%. In our internal builds, we've got dyes working for a lot of Legendaries, but certainly not all. We've still got some work to do to get the tech right, and of course...testing. :)

I'm so happy to hear that! Being able to dye legendaries increases our visual customization options by a crazy amount, i.e; we won't be restricted to legendaries of a particular color range when transmoging. Blue Firewalkers here I come!
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 11/1/2013 8:20 PM PDT
forgive me....for being a party pooper

but i think the best kind of vanity is showing off rare gear
because it is hard to obtain

does anyone really care how pretty my character looks?
this seems like little girls playing doll dressup

if you like it...then i guess you like it
but I think the devs should spend their valuable time on more productive things.

I have obsessive compulsive personality disorder. That's what most people are actually talking about when they say 'obsessive compulsive disorder' by the way. Yes, there's a difference. Anyway, not wearing matching armor drives me crazy. Literally. I've become desensitized to it somewhat when it comes to video games, but that stuff normally keeps me up at night. I think I speak for all my fellow crazy people when I say that this is a welcome change.
11/01/2013 09:51 PMPosted by UGotGanked
So what if people like trading, just because you do not isn't a reason to limit others

As long as trading is allowed it will be the most efficient way to gear up. It does not encourage playing the game just playing the 'economy'. That is why i have a problem with traders.

trading is harder than playing self-found.

That is debatable. You have to have a certain talent for flipping and trading. I don't have it and a lot of casual players don't have it. They thought they were playing a monster killing game, not math class or stock market sim 2.0. I read an article on how to flip. It said i have to watch ONE item for weeks to get the feel for prices, then attempt your flip. Really? What a waste of time!!!!!! I also sucked really bad at trading in D2. So a lot of players do feel that self-found is easier and more rewarding.

BOA needs to go, there is no benefit to it period.

Read my angry post on the last page. Then read it again out loud. Let it sink in and get the point.
Theres benefit to it but you just can't understand it that much is clear. Notice how very few people are agreeing with you? UGotGanked.
Edited by MASKOAA#1251 on 11/1/2013 10:12 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]