Diablo® III

Tome of Jewelcrafting - Disappear Bug - PS3

84 Worgen Hunter
I have been monitoring my loot for a few days now and I see this.

Started Hell. Start getting drops of Tome's of BS and JC. The short of the long of it is you can actually watch some of them disappear before you can pick them up. We are talking 5 - 10 seconds after they drop. I've run with both of my kids watching the TV and counting the drops that could be Tomes/Jewels and they see the same. So now I have piles of Tomes of BS and very rarely can I get the JC ones. I have to try to pick them up in the middle of the battle or they are gone by the time the fight is finished. Which now playing hell, is not always easy to get into the middle of the 3 champions with Fire Chain without dying. :/

Save transferred to other PS3s (3 Consoles in total - Latest Gen 250Gb, First Gen 60Gb, First gen 20Gb with a 250Gb HD Updrade) and the problem persists. I think this explains some of the posts about how few Tomes of JC drop, I think they are dropping but they disappear before you can get to them.

This is D3 Digital Download, Disk-less version.

Thanks for D3 on consoles! It's so very much what I always wanted Diablo to be and I love it!
Reply Quote
10/30/2013 06:48 AMPosted by Vaughnerr
The short of the long of it is you can actually watch some of them disappear before you can pick them up.

Just to ask the dumb question that probably doesn't need to be asked but I will ask it anyway...

How do you know they are Jewelcrafting tomes and not say...potions? Or even Blacksmith tomes?

Interesting report though, I will have to play in Hell tonight and see if its the same for me, never noticed.
Reply Quote
84 Worgen Hunter
The short of the long of it is you can actually watch some of them disappear before you can pick them up.

Just to ask the dumb question that probably doesn't need to be asked but I will ask it anyway...

How do you know they are Jewelcrafting tomes and not say...potions? Or even Blacksmith tomes?

Ah, I forgot to add it, the Blacksmithing Tomes are "closed" and the Jewelcrafting Tomes are "open" when they are lying on the ground.

As for the never noticed comment, I wouldn't have noticed either but my kids pointed it out. We play co-op together and they wanted to see me run my higher level character. My daughter pointed it out that the JC tomes were disappearing while I was fighting. Now it's driving me crazy. lol
Edited by Vaughner#1738 on 10/30/2013 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
84 Worgen Hunter
Okay, another update. I wish I had a capture card so I could show you what is happening. It appears to be all the loot that is doing this but it seems to be more common with the tomes. Seems that if you stay right next to where the loot drops that it won't go away but if you walk away or kite an enemy away, even 3/4 of the screen, when you approach the loot some or all of it just disappears.

I might try setting up my iPhone to record my TV and see if I can get it on film so you can see what is going on.
Reply Quote
10/30/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Vaughnerr
Seems that if you stay right next to where the loot drops that it won't go away but if you walk away or kite an enemy away, even 3/4 of the screen, when you approach the loot some or all of it just disappears.

And you are positive that the item itself is disappearing and can no longer be picked up even when walking over it rather than JUST the icon marker disappearing but still being able to pick up the item if you walk back to it and over it?
Reply Quote
84 Worgen Hunter
150% positive. There are occasions where you can see the loot spew out of the mob as it dies, it hits the ground, and poof it's gone. You walk over and there is just gold there. Now that I am aware there is something wrong it's so obvious but it either didn't occur before or I didn't see it happening. When I start my next character, I will be looking for it from the beginning but I can only say I started seeing it with Tomes of JC in Hell mode.

After more playing, it doesn't seem to have any rhyme nor reason to the madness. lol. Things just disappear. Maybe they aren't supposed to drop and they are starting too before the engine stops them from showing. Just a thought.
Reply Quote
84 Worgen Hunter
Hit lvl 60 last night and completed Hell Mode. Tomes of Secret are dropping now and the disappearing loot seems to have stopped. So I know it's not my interpretation of it as it just all stays there. That's really weird.

Just wanted to update the thread. Seems to me to be a small issue in the Hell Mode only. :/
Reply Quote
As an FYI, I tested Normal and Nightmare a number of times and was not able to reproduce this. Of course Tomes don't drop there though the pages were fine. From what I could tell all the gear seem to stay as well.

Every 5 elite kills or so I would walk away so the loot was at the edge of the screen and waited for approximately 3 minutes. Coming back in the loot was always there for me to pickup.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]