Diablo® III

Trolling AH and d2jsp for stuff...

MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
...sucks. Big time. Looking for a few pieces and just can't find them.....and usually if I do, they're all overpriced (or too expensive). Went to jsp...and its littered with "end game" "godly" and "epic" gear that is far from that.

Ok, not all true...the "epic INT" gear was a post from Charlatan....and truly was epic, lol. Maybe Charlatan has some trash/vendor gear he could sell me.

Maybe I should just play the game a bit...lol.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 10/31/2013 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 07:05 AMPosted by PieHole
Maybe I should just play the game a bit...lol.

But that's so boring nowadays....

There is no chance of reward from playing, the fundamental system of a game of reward for time spent is dead for high end users right now.
Reply Quote
...sucks. Big time.

Feels like going back to the dark ages, doesn't it?

-dolynick
Reply Quote
View profile
10/31/2013 07:42 AMPosted by dolynick

OMG...trolling jsp or trade forums is an awful experience. Just terrible. I can't imagine what blizz has in mind to replace the AH....but it better be good. Cause the alternative (more jsp, more forums) is awful. (i'm just guessing that blizz has an AH alternative, cuase if they dont.....)

Reply Quote
View profile
It was much better when I had, like, 175k DPS and there were 1000's up upgrades. Of all types. Now, its like every few days you better be lucky and get the 1d12h upgrade....or else....(like my ammy on galinda). Haven't seen a decent trifecta/int/ar ammy in 3 days since I bought it.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I've never been banned/suspended from any Blizzard forums before.

But I have been suspended from jsp numerous times :P

Tough crowd there.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 07:45 AMPosted by PieHole
OMG...trolling jsp or trade forums is an awful experience. Just terrible.

I agree.
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 07:45 AMPosted by PieHole

OMG...trolling jsp or trade forums is an awful experience. Just terrible. I can't imagine what blizz has in mind to replace the AH....but it better be good. Cause the alternative (more jsp, more forums) is awful. (i'm just guessing that blizz has an AH alternative, cuase if they dont.....)

Hopefully they reward people who play more often with game changes to the point where playing the game will almost always be more likely to get you an upgrade in a unit of time than trying to snipe items online. There will always be a point where it tips towards online, but whoopdeedoo.

More rolls of the dice = more wins.
Reply Quote
...sucks. Big time. Looking for a few pieces and just can't find them.....and usually if I do, they're all overpriced (or too expensive). Went to jsp...and its littered with "end game" "godly" and "epic" gear that is far from that.

agree except selected few.

what are you looking for?
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 10/31/2013 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
10/31/2013 07:53 AMPosted by yodatoy
what are you looking for?

INT/AR trifecta ammy

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10389279477
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 07:50 AMPosted by BDF
Hopefully they reward people who play more often with game changes to the point where playing the game will almost always be more likely to get you an upgrade in a unit of time than trying to snipe items online.

That's a pipedream.

In any system where items are based on multiple randomized rolls over a range, there is going to be an average. They can increase stats and drops rates as much as they want it'll still be the case. As soon as you get to the point where your gear is at the statistical mean, you'll be back in the same boat as we are now - where finding upgrades via drops is inefficient compared to trading. They'd have to remove the randomized rolls (or greatly tighten the ranges) for it to be otherwise and that is obviously not going to happen.

BoA items are the only other exception but they're a bit of an illusion because they still have a stastical mean. There will still be better versions but you're artificially capped by your luck factor because they can't be traded anyways.

In essense, anyone who wishes to take their character beyond the statisitcal norm is going to be forced into the wilds of places like d2jsp. That doesn't seem like progress to me. I am not against a better balance of self-found vs trading reward but here's hoping that Blizzard does come up with some sort of alternative for traders that is better than what is currently offered by the 3rd party experience.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
gonna lower the standard bro

Paris Hilton may think she is smart too.
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 07:50 AMPosted by BDF
Hopefully they reward people who play more often with game changes to the point where playing the game will almost always be more likely to get you an upgrade in a unit of time than trying to snipe items online.

I'm just going to send pichapie cases of Redbull in exchange for hard to find Meat enhancers for my Meteor needs/fix. *lightly taps veins on arm, pulls tourniquet tighter*
Reply Quote
In essense, anyone who wishes to take their character beyond the statisitcal norm is going to be forced into the wilds of places like d2jsp. That doesn't seem like progress to me. I am not against a better balance of self-found vs trading reward but here's hoping that Blizzard does come up with some sort of alternative for traders that is better than what is currently offered by the 3rd party experience.

I agree that there is always a tipping point at which trading becomes more economical, but you also can't ignore that a system such as Blizzard is suggesting will likely have a better correlation between gear level and time invested with the introduction of rerolling gear. I don't doubt that if you want to be at the top, rather than ahead of the curve, you'll need to start trading. And that the trade forums on battle.net is poor for that.

But the system they're changing too does improve the game the most for the most number of people. What solutions could be put in place to further mitigate the drive of people to third party sites for high end gear that also don't reintroduce the negative affects of the in game auction house?

Get some ideas flowing and get blizzard working on it.
Reply Quote
I'm sure you can appreciate more now how it is to actually get the right gear without being a real life gillionaire :)

I'm keepin an eye out for you on lacunis/ amulet within 2b range anyways.
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Boozor

who's better watcher? you or void?
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 08:55 AMPosted by BDF
What solutions could be put in place to further mitigate the drive of people to third party sites for high end gear that also don't reintroduce the negative affects of the in game auction house?

The current problem isn't so much the Auction Houses, it's the nature of item generation in general. The chances of dropping a subjectively "good" item are so small right now that the players flock to the AHs because it's a massive (futile?) time-sink to do otherwise. That leaves Blizzard with the perception that D3 is pay-to-win, even though the AHs are doing exactly what they should be doing (giving traders a safe, secure way of trading items). The issue is that currently the average drop is (just throwing out a number here) 20% of an item's maximum potential whereas if it the average drop was more like 60%-80% of an item's maximum potential then you'd have far fewer players forced to turn to the AH to build a competent character. The AHs would be patronized by the want-to-be-better players moreso than just all players.

"Smart Drops", the mystic and BoA craftables that are potentially BiS are all good moves towards lesseing the impact of the AH on the general gameplay. BoA items are a bit of a cheat because they preclude trading at all but they do serve a purpose. For the rest, the only way to close the gap between what actually drops and what is possible at best is to improve (or provide ways to improve) the average/common rolls vs the perfect. That would mean more guarranteed rolls for a given item type and smaller ranges in the rolls themselves. The problem is that this is contrary to Diablo's philosophy of random drops. If you had a game where all items always dropped with the same rolls, then trading would be limitted to only those things you are unlucky enough not to have drop. The trade-off is that it's kind of boring and everyone is the same. Blizzard needs to find a happy medium and Loot 1.0 was definitely not.

My issue with the closing of the AHs is that it removes a quality of life service for a good portion of the player base but does nothing to address the actual problem. If they fixed the underlying problem, I don't see why they couldn't exist in tandem. They've always been voluntary to use, they just need to hit a smaller target audience out of the player base.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 09:26 AMPosted by yodatoy

who's better watcher? you or void?

Void finds one for 200m at 1d12h. Seller forgot a zero. Void relists for 2b. Boozor 1d11h's it for 2b, relists it on RMAH for $100. yodatoy buys it for $100, sells it to PieHole for 1.5b. Everyone wins.
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 09:37 AMPosted by silverfire
Void finds one for 200m at 1d12h. Seller forgot a zero. Void relists for 2b. Boozor 1d11h's it for 2b, relists it on RMAH for $100. yodatoy buys it for $100, sells it to PieHole for 1.5b. Everyone wins.

Lol

-dolynick
Reply Quote
booz is better then me ; he found me an ammy and 2 pairs of gloves.

on the other hand my supply is larger then his ; i troll the chinese forums and find good stuff.

I guess booz is more serious about flipping ; I think I flip when i want ( which is almost all the time)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]