Diablo® III

Just hit 60 looking for advice

Hello fellow monks!

I just started playing again and decided to level a monk up as opposed to jumping into an already geared 60. I hit 60 today and threw on my dh gear, grabbed my WD's weapon and bought a shield. I prefer playing more of a tank fwiw.

Could someone maybe give me a few tips on where to go with gear next, or if my skills are bad?

Here's the link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/greatdivider-1237/hero/11835039
(i actually have a blackthornes chest w/ 260vit, 90dex, 75ar)

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Have you looked at the sticky up top yet? Tons of awesome information there. :)
Reply Quote
10/28/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Wannabee808
Have you looked at the sticky up top yet? Tons of awesome information there. :)

I've started going through but it's going to take a while haha. So far I feel like I'm on the right track. Couple questions that I haven't been able to find the answer too yet though.

As far as passives go I'm unsure of what to take. I see most monks taking OWE, but i would only gain ~100 AR from it. Would it be worth dropping something for?

I know I need to improve my AR before I can crank the MP up, but I'm unsure what slot(s) I should be looking at replacing for it. Any advice on this?
Reply Quote
Welcome to monkdom greatdivider!

10/28/2013 01:00 PMPosted by greatdivider
bought a shield. I prefer playing more of a tank fwiw.

Seek Master Jco310’s advice in the Monk’s SnB thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9161576069

Now for a few tips
Put your high vit BT chest on
Seach for Inna’s helm with high dex/vit/AR/6CC
Use WH belt instead of inna’s favor unless you favor the OP 0.33 Spirit Regen bonus ;)
If you plan on using a shield then look for one that has CC as well
Craft/buy a better amy with CC
If you’re using single LS then it needs to be higher and you should use a second source of heal .. Transcendence is good but you can get it from the inna’s helm as well
Higher vit inna’s pants if you can

For budget use the OWE passive to boost up the resist instead of using resolve
That being said
Pick a resist and stick to it and get nat boots with the double resist of your choice

May Ytar guide your path =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]