Diablo® III

Blizzard = Wasting developer resources on Transmogrification

"Blizzard = Wasting developer resources on Transmog"

That's like... your opinion man.

Transmog is one of the best feature this game will receive, deal with it.
Reply Quote
Does it matter much? Once we hit endgame & get our "perfect" endgame gear you know everyone's gonna enchant their eq for that 1 stat that sucked for them into someone at least decent, *BOOM* now it's acc bound anyways, so transmog'ing it no longer matters if AB or not...and lets face it, who's gonna wanna trans something they are using at level 1, 20, or even 50 really, (unless it's something they plan to use on a lot of chars, in which case, again,acc bound doesn't really matter)

Hate that trans'ing = AB, don't use it then and deal, but my god, quit b****ing, p***ing and moaning about something so little, and hope that Blizzard gets this expansion right,'cuz they got a lot riding on it...

Gods love the person above me that posted while I was typing...
View profile

"Blizzard = Wasting developer resources on Transmog"

That's like... your opinion man.

Transmog is one of the best feature this game will receive, deal with it.
Edited by Kishin88#1192 on 10/31/2013 6:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Nevalistis
You have the CHOICE, you can be either as strong as you possibly can (def or off), or you can look pretty and sacrifice some strength. YOUR CHOICE

This is precisely the decision we don't want players to be forced to make. We'd like you to enjoy the way your character looks while also being able to wear powerful gear.

This ultimatum works both ways. You don't have to use transmogrification if you don't care for it. But, if you'd like to spend some of your hard-earned resources on making your character's visuals look the way you want them to, you can do so. We're providing additional options, and, as you say, it's your choice. ;)

I keep seeing Llyirra talking about Transmogrification as if this is the main feature of ROS.

It's one of many main features for Reaper of Souls. We've recently had a spotlight on it [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11337855/reaper-of-souls-first-look-the-mystic-10-24-2013"]with the Mystic[/url], and players have had lots of questions that we're able to answer. There's a lot more information coming soon (read: BlizzCon) that we're excited to share, so just hang in there a few more days! We've offered a taste of some [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11364551/reaper-of-souls-first-look-historical-westmarch-10-28-2013"]lore [/url]and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11345421/reaper-of-souls-first-look-westmarch-level-design-10-30-2013"]design philosophy[/url] for the expansion with our series on Westmarch this week, so if you haven't checked those out, it may be worth giving a read.
as transmog makes gg items boa, you're esentially forcing people to make that decision between destroying the value of a non gg item or using a gg item without having to make it worthless
Reply Quote
You have the CHOICE, you can be either as strong as you possibly can (def or off), or you can look pretty and sacrifice some strength. YOUR CHOICE

This is precisely the decision we don't want players to be forced to make. We'd like you to enjoy the way your character looks while also being able to wear powerful gear.

This ultimatum works both ways. You don't have to use transmogrification if you don't care for it. But, if you'd like to spend some of your hard-earned resources on making your character's visuals look the way you want them to, you can do so. We're providing additional options, and, as you say, it's your choice. ;)

Ok if everyone wanna look sexy and equally strength. Why not just put focus on "skill" and "Weapon" for strength-wise. And now the armorcrafts equipments comes in by armor level of drops and different kind of design for same level. Like for an example: Heavy armor: highest str but lower magic = tank. You get the idea? Then you can find whatever clothing u like and u can use it with no sacrificing in defense/strength. The Mystic could have a feature that you can roll stats on those clothing.
Edited by Azaroth#1428 on 11/1/2013 12:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's funny that there's people who think Transmog is going to slow down production on other content, such as PvP.

Just because you could care less about how your character looks, doesn't mean millions of other players don't, in fact the majority do - that's self evident in the hundreds of millions of dollars the industry invests into design of characters, armors, items etc in various RPG's and Action games. It's a huge part of World of Warcraft; finding the coolest loot (both in power and in looks) has always been a big part of all the Diablo games as well, or any other rpg or arpg.
Reply Quote
I like it. I like to dress up my character as i want. Thats a great idea especially weapons....

I do support make it BOA....As the item is not appear as it should be. It effect trade more than ever.
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 11/1/2013 2:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Maybe I am missing something. Or maybe I am just looking this from the perspective of one day having PvP.

How will we know which chars are godlike and which are not? Normally, in a pvp setting where someone is hostile, you can usually tell if you'e going to get owned or not by what gear they are wearing. That is usually an indicator to either go for it/ or back the $%^ off.

How will we know that now that anyone can just switch up their gear any way they like?
Reply Quote
by looking at their profile
Reply Quote
Yeah, it's really great when everyone looks exactly the same.

l0l

Also, Lylirra, why is it that blizzard thinks it's a good idea to bind transmogrified items to account? It's like you decided to implement a good idea but then ruin it so nobody would want to do it.

Item sink.

And I will use it.

And people who want to trade will keep doing what they do today - get an item and trade it. Nothing changes for them.

So where's the downfall?
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 06:38 AMPosted by CrniVuk

In a proper PvP system players are auto-matched.

If one wishes to brawl - yeah, take a look at the profile before stepping in.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 08:33 AMPosted by AOHNH

If you're already in a match then judging someone by their gear isn't going to help you.
Reply Quote
It can. If gear will have more synergy with skills, you can try to predict their skill set and counter if possible. Of course you'll have that information after the very first fight as well.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Phaerius

If you're already in a match then judging someone by their gear isn't going to help you.

Whos going in to matches without knowing what gear their oponent has? As far as brawling goes. If you get oneshoted then well, its kinda obvious that he has better gear ...

seriously, this PvP thing should be the last reason not to get transmog
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/31/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Swampllama
Also, Lylirra, why is it that blizzard thinks it's a good idea to bind transmogrified items to account?

Lylirra's not available in this thread right now, but if you leave your name and number... well, you'll still get me instead anyway. ;P

We're always iterating on things and we're listening very closely to your feedback. We've decided to remove BoA from Transmogrification as a result. =) Things are definitely not yet set in stone, so please keep letting us know your thoughts, especially with the slew of info we have headed your way at BlizzCon!
Reply Quote
I appreciate that you guys at Blizzard are listening to this feedback and changing the feature as a result. Thank you.
Reply Quote
This is the best news i've read today !! Great job Blizzard, thank you for listening to our feedback !

Being able to trade those items, even if the auction house is removed, will be awesome.

Also, the item sink argument was good, but not so good in the context of the RoS expansion coming next year.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Things are definitely not yet set in stone, so please keep letting us know your thoughts, especially with the slew of info we have headed your way at BlizzCon!

I'm am ready to provide a constructive evaluation of what I hear from BlizzCon!
Reply Quote
i really really dont think this should take long to implement..

ui change and use item visuals for other gear already in the game....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]