Diablo® III

Ice Armor: Trollzen Storm

I'm also looking forward to using the the Loot 2 patch/RoS version of Frozen Storm with Archon.

I just read that the Loot patch is planned to include the class changes prior to lvl70 for vanilla D3. So we can expect the new Frozen Storm perhaps on March 18 based on the AH closing.
Reply Quote
Have you tried Malakai's Black Ice build? I've never seen huge mobs blow up as fast as that - it's especially crazy when an elite is stuck in the middle and they die in a few seconds.

Indeed, I gave his Black Ice build a nice run when Malakai first debuted it. Truly is a wonder, and supremely powerful. Probably no other build is better specialized for mass destruction.

I use Blizz/Snowbound to round up the mobs simply because I can get ones on edge of the screen easier. Beyond that I think they would be about the same as Blizzard is nice roundup because it slows fast mobs in FoM so they are moving after you slower and gives you some nice life steal while you get a REALLY huge group together.

My experience is that Blizzard slows guys down a bit too much, and on MP 10 I tend to leave guys behind altogether, which stresses me out. In my setup, the only slow that comes into play are when guys get into my Frozen Storm melee perimeter. I find that this helps me build and herd big mobs more consistently.

Instead of moving forward and casting Blizzard behind me, I've contrived to "blip" Arcane Mines on the path ahead of me. Each AM acts like a health potion, and blipping one every few seconds keeps mob aggro pretty active, plus it paces me so I don't run too far ahead of the pack. Frozen Storm is my last line of defense against fast runners and, when comes time for mass destruction, gives me breathing room to arm an AM channel (not to mention madly procs CM/EB).
Reply Quote
In honor of this thread I have been playing the following build on MP9 all day:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bQXPfS!gWT!cZcacc

Please enjoy responsibly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]