Diablo® III

No PvP in D3 -> Solution -> Play Diablo chars in HotS

Yeah, I mean Heroes of the Storm.

PvP will be balanced there, something exactly for competitive gamers.

--- --- ---
Diablo III has no Ladders, no PvP, and classes are totally imbalanced...

Diablo III is for casuals only. PERIOD
Edited by Krusk#1933 on 11/1/2013 11:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Absolutely sucks there's no pvp in this game. For the majority, pvp was end game on d2. After hell Baal, there's wasn't much to do except build your guy up to be the strongest character on uswest or useast. There is no in-game monster fight that can simulate a real challenge against how good you are against other people. PVE is designed so everyone can win eventually. The bosses can be tough, yes, but so predictable after awhile. In pvp you can never really win because there are always more challengers with so much variation in the outcome. After inferno doablo, the game is technically over, but it's only beginning with your gear-up. Why is it designed like that? Why can't there be incentive to keep gearing up passed inferno diablo?---pvp

That kept me playing d2 for a year + after beating hell Baal every time I played. Stepping out in the blood moor to see of I have what it takes to beat 7/7 players in the room. It promoted competition to find all the greatest items before others to stomp on people. It separates who is the best player from the best credit card user. Fighting bosses < fighting players is much more satisfying.
Edited by Durabolin#1796 on 11/1/2013 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
PvP was the main reason for D2's longevity. PERIOD

Why do you think LADDER was the most played ?

Because everyone loves to grind and level over and over for no reason ?? Just "for fun" ????
Edited by Zorak#1662 on 11/1/2013 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Because everyone loves to grind and level over and over for no reason ?? Just "for fun" ????

Uh... no. Some people did play it for PvP, but I can assure you that the overwhelming majority didn't care about PvP... even a decade later.
Reply Quote

Uh... no. Some people did play it for PvP, but I can assure you that the overwhelming majority didn't care about PvP... even a decade later.

And I assure you are wrong.
Reply Quote
We were all told that Guild Wars 2, Torchlight 2, Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile were all the TRUE Diablo 2 sequels. I guess all of those true sequels were for casuals as well :(
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 11:44 AMPosted by babinro
I guess all of those true sequels were for casuals as well :(

You're right.
Reply Quote

And I can assure you that the majority DID care about PvP.

The only place I find ppl saying things like what you said is here at the D3 forum.

Nowhere else you see this.
Reply Quote

Check out d2jsp and ask them if they care about PvP or not. They will laugh at you casual farmer. Why people played D2? To gear up for PvP.
Reply Quote

Check out d2jsp and ask them if they care about PvP or not. They will laugh at you casual farmer. Why people played D2? To gear up for PvP.

PERIOD.

Like I said...the ONLY place ppl THINK that no one cared about PvP on D2 is here on D3 forum.
Reply Quote

PERIOD.

Like I said...the ONLY place ppl THINK that no one cared about PvP on D2 is here on D3 forum.

Exactly.
Reply Quote
I want pvepvp. I don't care about plain arenas.
Guess I have to play some other game, cause the devs don't like that for diablo.
I think it fits, cause d3 got very interesting mobs, contrary to moba games.

Would be great to grind it out on a pvp battleground with mobs, some pve objectives, towers and maybe the base builds and enable upgrades in time? And real drops too, or rewards for winning.
It would be even cooler than how I picture 'adventure mode'.

Most want arena I suppose.
Reply Quote
I want pvepvp. I don't care about plain arenas.
Guess I have to play some other game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI

Enjoy watching the future of competitive gaming.
Reply Quote

you dont know this and are only guessing. Its fair to say PVP was an important part of diablo 2.
Reply Quote

you dont know this and are only guessing. Its fair to say PVP was an important part of diablo 2.

you don't know this and are only guessing as well.
Reply Quote

well, i do know that all the people bar none i know who still play d2 do so only to pvp. None of them grind.
Reply Quote
@Krusk - Yes, I saw that video. It looks like a very promising game.
That demon in the end is brutal!
And drawing your moves could be immersive, but I fear it might be much worse than simply clicking a button. At least for the whirlwind.
The wizard looks like the best class, I'm strictly melee but a wizard like that might make me change my mind. Telekinesis ftw.
Also looks like the wizard benefits the most from drawing a skill.

In the end, I'd say that d3 will win that showdown. If they can just do the game proper!
I believe in blizzard, but it's TIME FOR A FAT PATCH!
But who knows? Ncsoft is famous for making the best rpgs.

I miss that feeling of a bustling city as well. I hope they incorporate that into d3.
PoE got that. While I only solo, it really add to the atmosphere when you see others in the town when you go vendor etc.

And I really hope they tone down the christmas tree, we need to see what happens on screen. It's alright in solo, but even there it's just too much bling for a dark gothic horror themed game.
LE got that right, the enviroment feel more natural. But they too could lose some effects as well (imo).
If the devs tone down the graphic and open up for maybe 6 players(which would be impossible now), support and tanking would become much more viable as well as it being more fun gaming with more players. Maybe it just wouldn't work though, maps too small and balance getting out of whack. But for that feature, I'd say it's worth nerfing teh #### out of everything to get it to work. Although solo must always be a very viable option!
I think it's seriously outrageous that they don't touch the overblinkilization of d3, it's a truly disturbing feature! We can hardly see what happens! And any nice animation is completly lost. I wanna see those hits! And I wanna know if I'm standing on a laser ffs...

Sorry for the lengthy derailing though.

LE seem cool in that you can manipulate with the enviroment more, that you got grappling hooks, that you can climb at spots.
They go only with 3 classes and that might be smart since balance come much easier. With good standard moves, pvp could be very interesting as well.
We'll see what happens. There's many tough competitors on the horizon and while I really favor blizzard, d3 has been a sorry experience and at my end of WoW I was really sick of that too. Took them years to realize that ppl would like to level in pvp and once they implemented xp, it was about the equivalent of 1/4 of a quest or something ridiculous. I played that to 60. But the pve was splendid and the pvp was great too, it was just some glaring faults they made.

TL:DR - Blizzard should be vigilant for newcomers. Dota 2 etc got millions of players and is GROWING. Pvp is important, even in a pve centric game. It's a great alternative way of playing and should not be underestimated. Many bought this to pvp as well.
Reply Quote

well, i do know that all the people bar none i know who still play d2 do so only to pvp. None of them grind.

well, I also know that all the people that I know who still play d2 do so just for the pve. None of them pvp (most don't even play online lol)
Reply Quote
There is a small group even today that still play PVP somewhat competitively. The most recent Vicious Cattle tournament (10/27/13) had around 23 entrants.
Edited by Iria#1342 on 11/1/2013 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]