Diablo® III

No PvP in D3 -> Solution -> Play Diablo chars in HotS

I wouldn't PvP in this game even if it had it. RPGs were never meant to be competitive, so why bother trying in an unbalanced mess when you have games like DoTA2 or LoL offering a similar playstyle in an actually enoyable environement?
Reply Quote
It could be epic!

But I agree, coop is the most important thing about this game.
That's why the majority play.

But pvp could and would be a great addition!
It sort of balances out itself as long as all classes have alrightish options to handle the others. There will inevitably be a king of pvp ofcourse, but there's no harm if all can do well enough.
It's worth some effort to get the pvp feature.
Reply Quote
Certainly didn't play years of LOD for PVM. Lol, that was a joke.

If you owned everything the game had to offer there was no reason to farm. BiS rares were basically unheard of and most didn't compete with perm dupes.

PVP was and will forever be the only reason Diablo lasted as long as it did.
Reply Quote
Certainly didn't play years of LOD for PVM. Lol, that was a joke.

If you owned everything the game had to offer there was no reason to farm. BiS rares were basically unheard of and most didn't compete with perm dupes.

PVP was and will forever be the only reason Diablo lasted as long as it did.

Hello, ever heard of Hardcore and Ladder play?
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 02:24 PMPosted by Iria
There is a small group even today that still play PVP somewhat competitively. The most recent Vicious Cattle tournament (10/27/13) had around 23 entrants.

Iria, you should know by now that all these people complaining that there is no d3 pvp are the same crybabies that you see enter the chapel in pubs for a day or 2 and then never return because they got owned so badly.
And then they try to claim that d3 pvp is a 1 shot fest and is all luck based (even though they can't manage to get any kills/luck)

Of course there are a lot of features that could be added, such as the option to have 4± player games (d2). Or real team pvp. But to say that pvp in d3 does not exist at all is a joke. There definitely is an option to test your skill and beat a player in a 1v1 fashion and there is even an option to have 2v2 matches as long as you are careful not to hit your team mate.

There are a lot of players crying on the forums telling blizzard to add pvp into the game, all who are never seen in brawling games. (because they don't like to lose). Wouldn't a player who was truly interested in pvp spend the time to figure out the only form of pvp that they are currently presented with? I guess it's easier for them to qq on the forums rather than get good at something they claim to want badly.

By the way, since some of you might not be so happy with the things I said, just add me in game and beat me in pvp SINCE YOU HAVE THAT OPTION. (TheRisen#1136)
I hope some so called pvp enthusiasts add me but I don't lose to baddie forum qq'ers, so...
Edited by TheRisen#1136 on 11/1/2013 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You make the game what you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMrw71pLxdY

You guys are huge QQ'ers. Keep cry.
Edited by Saltydog#1871 on 11/1/2013 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
PvP was the main reason for D2's longevity. PERIOD

Why do you think LADDER was the most played ?

Because everyone loves to grind and level over and over for no reason ?? Just "for fun" ????

Uh... no. Some people did play it for PvP, but I can assure you that the overwhelming majority didn't care about PvP... even a decade later.

wrong, sure some people botted for money, but other than that there were some casuals and farmers who played PvE a lot and actually thought they were special. Then there was the ladder crowd who would play serious at the start of a ladder season, which lasted several months. The only crowd of consistent, high end, dedicated players, did it to build characters to duel other high end players. PvP was the reward itself back then.

Overwhelming majority? LOL, PvE purists always use those terms trying to justify their own play style, yet they have no proof of the actual numbers back in the day or now. In any case, whatever the actual numbers are, PvP players existed in high numbers, and among all niches of players were the most dedicated and consistent, as well as the most skilled perfectionists of all. A decade later, when you actually look at D2 videos online, it is all about PvP, no one cared about PvE because it was always an EZ mode joke. Hmmm kinda like D3.

I guess if the PvP players were the most skilled top end players, perhaps they were a small group in comparison to the casuals who would come and go every month, but I'd think such players who stayed loyal to the game for so long would deserve to be catered to more than the players who don't last longer than a ladder season.

Anyways, D3 needs PvP, it would solve a lot of issues regarding boredom in end-game player experience. At least it would be one fun option for players to have, rather than none. PvE content will never be enough unless new content comes out every few months, not something that is possible for Diablo. PvP is the answer, there are always players to do battle with, and they never act the same.
Reply Quote
people played Diablo 3 because of RMAH and the chance to get the 250$ drop or even 2-10$ drop. Now with ROS what will keep people going ?

I see a doom overall if we have no real end game.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 10:50 PMPosted by UGotGanked
Anyways, D3 needs PvP

Maybe you did not read my recent post. D3 has pvp, it just needs more features. How come I never see you in public brawling games? Surely someone with so much pvp knowledge such as yourself is a pvp boss.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 10:58 PMPosted by TheRisen
Anyways, D3 needs PvP

Maybe you did not read my recent post. D3 has pvp, it just needs more features. How come I never see you in public brawling games? Surely someone with so much pvp knowledge such as yourself is a pvp boss.

I tried this so called brawling once and run away never to play it again. Its blend and not even that fun .
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 11:00 PMPosted by DragonLight
I tried this so called brawling once and run away never to play it again. Its blend and not even that fun .

Hmmm maybe you did not read my post either. Its not up to me to say whats fun or not fun for you. I am simply saying that there is pvp in d3 and that there are a lot of baddies that go around and say there isn't simply because they always lose and don't like it.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 11:06 PMPosted by TheRisen

Hmmm maybe you did not read my post either. Its not up to me to say whats fun or not fun for you. I am simply saying that there is pvp in d3 and that there are a lot of baddies that go around and say there isn't simply because they always lose and don't like it.

Well many players don't consider this PvP. I know some people find it fun .But POE PvP is so much better and actually works. How hard it is to copy what and indie company down? I played POE PvP and it was good and didn't lasted 2 sec like in this fake PvP D3 has to offer. Just because Blizzard called it PvP doesn't mean its actually pass by people as PvP.
Reply Quote
I do brawl, but it is not what was promised. It can be very fun, and in some cases the fight is fair and challenging, but it is so basic, at least give new maps and some more damage reduction, and let people play in teams. I at least expected to be able to do what D2 offered, which let players do things like 3v3 duels, or 8 player ffa's, or PKing PKers, and legit duels, and also have patches every several months that adjust PvP for more balance(at least so it isn't so easy to kill others), and also have more than 1 small zone with the same terrain to be allowed to fight other players in.

and no, i have no idea what your other post is, and couldn't care less really.
Reply Quote
I do brawl, but it is not what was promised. It can be very fun, and in some cases the fight is fair and challenging, but it is so basic, at least give new maps and some more damage reduction, and let people play in teams. I at least expected to be able to do what D2 offered, which let players do things like 3v3 duels, or 8 player ffa's, or PKing PKers, and legit duels, and also have patches every several months that adjust PvP for more balance(at least so it isn't so easy to kill others), and also have more than 1 small zone with the same terrain to be allowed to fight other players in.

Take the Wutongshu challenge before you ask for more damage reduction.
Reply Quote

Yeah I have seen you brawl before. You are a classic example of the players that brawl for a short time and quit because they are so bad. And then you go on the forums and make many posts about pvp and hope people respect what you have to say about the matter.

Get good and maybe people will take you seriously.
Also feel free to add me in game for some pvp (TheRisen#1136)
Maybe after I post our score on here it will expose you and save some people who are actually interested in pvp from taking anything you say seriously.
Edited by TheRisen#1136 on 11/1/2013 11:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, they say the D2 PVP botting scene is something to behold.

If I tell ya that only losers are into PVP what are you going to do? Beat my character to death?

PVE'ers are pretty much satisfied with cruising around the environment slaying monsters, collecting loot. D3 wanna be PVPers want world PVP with a hostile button so they can hunt down players that have no interest in PVP... OH FUN !!!!

Some of you guys must have had a sordid childhood.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Krusk
PvP will be balanced there

Won't that make it the first-ever balanced PvP in a game?
Reply Quote

Yeah I have seen you brawl before. You are a classic example of the players that brawl for a short time and quit because they are so bad. And then you go on the forums and make many posts about pvp and hope people respect what you have to say about the matter.

Get good and maybe people will take you seriously.
Also feel free to add me in game for some pvp (TheRisen#1136)
Maybe after I post our score on here it will expose you and save some people who are actually interested in pvp from taking anything you say seriously.

What does being good at pvp have to do with being interested in pvp?
I take it you believe strength determines who is right?
Reply Quote
@Bombus

You are not understanding the point I am trying to make. I am not saying strength determines who is right. There are plenty of players who I beat but hold respect for their opinion based on their time an experience in the current d3 pvp system.

But then there are player that come on the forums who dedicate a few hours or less brawling and due to poor performance, the fist thing they do is attack blizzard and tell them that their brawling sucks. And then they go and offer terrible suggestions, an example is telling blizzard to add more damage reduction. There are players that are so tanky that it is nearly impossible to kill them even with a very high dps build. On top of the huge tank, they still have the dps to kill. Another good one is when players complain that the matches last 1 second. Well of course they only last that long when you have 300 buffed all res and 20k hp.

Players who have gotten good at brawling have done so with countless hours of testing different armor setups and skill setups. And once they have figured out a setup that works for them, more time goes into practicing the execution of these setups.

This guy along with all the other complainers in the general forums have done none of these things so why should you or any other player listen to their garbage?

Again, I agree with statements such as adding more features to the current system. But noobs have no business telling others how brawling should be when they don't know anything about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]