Diablo® III

No PvP in D3 -> Solution -> Play Diablo chars in HotS

Very well, I see.

I'm sure brawling can be a good way to play. But it's very crude.
Not that I mind such things, but I'm just not very interested in the arena style pvp, so brawling isn't for me. At least right now.
I did try it and I see great potential, it's very fast and fun.
While I'm sure it can be further balanced(ofcourse), it's not horrible.
But I imagine that the gear is a focus, not that there isn't room for skill, it's just that without the gear you stand no chance at all. I suppose that's reasonable, the game being what it is.
The geargap should be closed or minimized so everyone, casual or no, can achive at least one good setup within a reasonable amount of time.
Pvp needs equality to be good. How else could you determine who is best?
Reply Quote
At this point it is up to the players to balance PvP. There are a few weekly tournaments as well. People can't just expect their PvE gear will work in PvP. No one wants to put the time or effort in.

For example next weekend is a 5b PvP Tournament.
http://www.viciouscattle.com/forum/thread-2367-1-1.html

Balancing
- Witch Doctor: Plague Bats banned vs DH.
Blood Ritual, Haunt, and Plague Bats banned vs Wizard.
Hex and Plague Bats banned vs. Barbarian.

- Barbarian: WOTB banned vs All.
No Threatening Shout vs WD/DH/Wizard.

- Demon Hunter: Sentry banned vs. Barbarian.
Thrill of the Hunt and Sentry banned vs Wizard.

- Monk: Blinding Flash banned vs Wizard.

- Wizard: Arcane Destruction banned vs All.
Reply Quote
Everything salty said is true and any player who has actually taken an interest in pvp has stuck around to learn and play by these rules. These rules were put in place based on hours of testing between many players, but they would not exist if everyone had the same attitude as these forum crybabies.

My suggestion to any player who is interested in pvp is to head over to the brawling section. The reason these pvp forum trolls post in general is because they know if they make their same statements in the brawling section, everyone will call them idiots.
Reply Quote
I still stand by my statement. The overwhelming majority didn't care about PvP. When I say "didn't care", I am not saying they never tried PvP or didn't occasionally PvP. Their primary focus was to play PvE and get loots.

The majority of players do this:
-> Play the game and stop after finishing the story mode.
-> Play the game, try many characters, see what the game has to offer and stop.

A good portion of the remaining players will do this:
-> Play the game more intensively. They will grind a lot and try to build really good characters.
-> Accumulate wealth and try new builds every now and then.

The previous 2 category (highest % of the playerbase) will/might occasional PvP, but their primary focus is on PvE primarily.

The remaining players will do this:
-> Focus on PvP
-> Actually participate in tournaments

@At the guy who said that the majority of the players played for PvP... just stop.

@OT I'm not saying that PvP is meaningless. I'm saying that they have other things to focus on. PvP is not something that should be focused on, right now. The game is undergoing massive changes. It is pretty much useless to create a balanced PvP if the balance is going to be upset every few months.

Everything salty said is true and any player who has actually taken an interest in pvp has stuck around to learn and play by these rules. These rules were put in place based on hours of testing between many players, but they would not exist if everyone had the same attitude as these forum crybabies.

My suggestion to any player who is interested in pvp is to head over to the brawling section. The reason these pvp forum trolls post in general is because they know if they make their same statements in the brawling section, everyone will call them idiots.

Personally, I can't see the point of investing into PvP right now unless you have a lot of gold to buy gear. The game is undergoing massive changes and investing into PvP is just not worth it to me.
Reply Quote
For the record I played D2 and I loved to PVP. But in D3 its quite sad... Whens the last time any of you went into Brawlers Arena... I can't even remember the last time I did. Its so boring... Least in d2 if you were in a sticky spot you could try luring your enemy into a mob of monsters in hopes that they stole his/her focus for a moment while you tried locking them in by spamming bonewall everywhere :)
Reply Quote
At this point it is up to the players to balance PvP. There are a few weekly tournaments as well. People can't just expect their PvE gear will work in PvP. No one wants to put the time or effort in.

For example next weekend is a 5b PvP Tournament.
http://www.viciouscattle.com/forum/thread-2367-1-1.html

Balancing
- Witch Doctor: Plague Bats banned vs DH.
Blood Ritual, Haunt, and Plague Bats banned vs Wizard.
Hex and Plague Bats banned vs. Barbarian.

- Barbarian: WOTB banned vs All.
No Threatening Shout vs WD/DH/Wizard.

- Demon Hunter: Sentry banned vs. Barbarian.
Thrill of the Hunt and Sentry banned vs Wizard.

- Monk: Blinding Flash banned vs Wizard.

- Wizard: Arcane Destruction banned vs All.

Just curious why some of those skills are banned, if you don't mind me asking
Reply Quote
Mainly because they are just so strong and to give each class a more fair chance at winning. Take the cheese and the stalemate strategies out of play.

For example the Plague Bat ban vs Demon Hunter. Plague bats is so buggy, it always hits (can not dodge) and the damage is beyond broken. A Demon Hunter cannot shed Damage over Time spells like a WD's Spirit Walk or Wizards Mirror Image. So they can only mitigate it to some extent (which due to the broken buggy damage of plague bats it is impossible). They must use Smoke Screen multiple times to try and wear the DOT off. So basically all a Witch Doctor has to do is barely tap a Demon Hunter with Plague Bats and they will be at a serious advantage (No prep, no disc left), if not one shot the Demon Hunter.

Another example is Threatening Shout. With the Barbarians regen all they have to do in most situations is run. Run and regen. Many matches with a Barb can easily take 15-20 minutes EACH. Many barbarians play with "honor" but some run all day and slow their opponent making it near impossible to kill them. This ban forces barbarians to not intentionally cause stalemates.

Right now it goes WD > Monk > DH > Barb > Wizard.
Monk can defeat all classes but Demon Hunter, which is why WD > Monk. There are many people out there which can break the class imbalance with extraordinary skill and timing however.
Reply Quote
Mainly because they are just so strong and to give each class a more fair chance at winning. Take the cheese and the stalemate strategies out of play.

For example the Plague Bat ban vs Demon Hunter. Plague bats is so buggy, it always hits (can not dodge) and the damage is beyond broken. A Demon Hunter cannot shed Damage over Time spells like a WD's Spirit Walk or Wizards Mirror Image. So they can only mitigate it to some extent (which due to the broken buggy damage of plague bats it is impossible). They must use Smoke Screen multiple times to try and wear the DOT off. So basically all a Witch Doctor has to do is barely tap a Demon Hunter with Plague Bats and they will be at a serious advantage (No prep, no disc left), if not one shot the Demon Hunter.

Another example is Threatening Shout. With the Barbarians regen all they have to do in most situations is run. Run and regen. Many matches with a Barb can easily take 15-20 minutes EACH. Many barbarians play with "honor" but some run all day and slow their opponent making it near impossible to kill them. This ban forces barbarians to not intentionally cause stalemates.

Right now it goes WD > Monk > DH > Barb > Wizard.
Monk can defeat all classes but Demon Hunter, which is why WD > Monk. There are many people out there which can break the class imbalance with extraordinary skill and timing however.

oh ok, so its a matter of some skills are entirely broken(bugged) or actually cause obvious advantages that people can't really circumvent. good to know thanks :D
Reply Quote
View profile
Most games these days are for casuals anyways. The days where the game is made solely for the hardcore crowd are almost gone, except for a few like Dark Souls, Demon Souls and maybe Aion.
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 08:29 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
The days where the game is made solely for the hardcore crowd are almost gone

Very untrue as there are tons of titles out there that are still made for hardcore crowd rofl.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/04/2013 11:25 PMPosted by KradisZ
The days where the game is made solely for the hardcore crowd are almost gone

Very untrue as there are tons of titles out there that are still made for hardcore crowd rofl.

Mind telling me which ones are for hardcore only crowd because I am obviously not aware of them.
Reply Quote

Mind telling me which ones are for hardcore only crowd because I am obviously not aware of them.

Do your own work because I'm tired of doing it for you, based on what you've said you're only basing this off popular title or big named ones.

If you couldn't spend 5 minutes to even bother searching a little then why should I divulge anything?
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/5/2013 6:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

Do your own work because I'm tired of doing it for you, based on what you've said you're only basing this off popular title or big named ones.

If you couldn't spend 5 minutes to even bother searching a little then why should I divulge anything?

I am only saying that it is obvious that the casual market is much larger than the hardcore market. I did not say it is entirely dead, although it does seem that hardcore games are on the Threaten Species list.
Reply Quote

I am only saying that it is obvious that the casual market is much larger than the hardcore market. I did not say it is entirely dead, although it does seem that hardcore games are on the Threaten Species list.

Lol that's so redundant, there's obviously more casuals than hardcores since the beginning of gaming ever existed, even before digital technology, even before board games. sheesh.
Lol threatened species list? haha this isn't the discovery channel sir, look harder. Sorry you only pay attention to the mass marketing of all/most casual games have at the front of your face where the hardcore ones are well hidden and in the background looming and shining and very much alive, not in near extinction but rather in abundance.
Even a simple shooter like ultratron is more hardcore than most shooters these days. I'd like to see a casual beat that game without ever buying shields.
Unless you're insinuating casuals are murderers of hard core players i Highly doubt hardcore is dying out.

Here's a trend you should understand.
Triple A titles in today's time -> casuals,
Indie -> Hardcore
Which one has more money to market and most to lose?
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/6/2013 2:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

Lol that's so redundant, there's obviously more casuals than hardcores since the beginning of gaming ever existed, even before digital technology, even before board games. sheesh.
Lol threatened species list? haha this isn't the discovery channel sir, look harder. Sorry you only pay attention to the mass marketing of all/most casual games have at the front of your face where the hardcore ones are well hidden and in the background looming and shining and very much alive, not in near extinction but rather in abundance.
Even a simple shooter like ultratron is more hardcore than most shooters these days. I'd like to see a casual beat that game without ever buying shields.
Unless you're insinuating casuals are murderers of hard core players i Highly doubt hardcore is dying out.

Indie -> Hardcore

Look I do disagree with you on one point. There was a time when video gamers were closet video game players. That was the time period when being a video game player was looked down upon. It carried a heavy social stigmata, where no one would dare tell others that they played video games. They were looked upon as stupid. Ones that would never be successful and make a name for themselves. Even seen as social outcasts. That meant that at that time hardcore video games where the only thing that existed. You did not see any casual games made until after that stigmata was broken.

Also people do tend to go by what they see. That is why appearances can be deceiving. How else can a person make judgements, reach conclusions (non religious ones of course), make wrong assumptions, etc...
Reply Quote

Indie -> Hardcore

Look I do disagree with you on one point. There was a time when video gamers were closet video game players. That was the time period when being a video game player was looked down upon. It carried a heavy social stigmata, where no one would dare tell others that they played video games. They were looked upon as stupid. Ones that would never be successful and make a name for themselves. Even seen as social outcasts. That meant that at that time hardcore video games where the only thing that existed. You did not see any casual games made until after that stigmata was broken.

Also people do tend to go by what they see. That is why appearances can be deceiving. How else can a person make judgements, reach conclusions (non religious ones of course), make wrong assumptions, etc...

What point are you disagreeing with? LOL, everyone knows that about games in the past sir. The fact that you even just said what you just said is what pretty much every gamer who's gamed since then agrees upon. So to be honest, I have no idea what you're disagreeing with. What you just said does not nullify the fact that there are still more casuals that exist than hardcore players do. In fact there's probably even more since then. Hardcore players never diminished, just the amount of casuals grew. You wouldn't have any e-sports if hardcore players are "near-extinct" as you so put it. It's just casuals started playing game rather than outcasting hardcore players.

What you've illustrated here about those that "shunned gamers in the past" are those that were casuals. There was no easy mode in games back then, just Normal and Hard. You may as well have said people with glasses or look liked nerds and geeks are outcasts as well just 20 years ago. Literally not much difference.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/6/2013 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]