Diablo® III

Lower lvl toon more fun

Yesterday I got kind of bored playing with my lvl 60 monk (10 paragon) because not only were NO legendaries dropping, no keys from wardens (with 3 stack), not much gold was dropping either from anything including elites. ((Yes, I know, RNG, etc)) So I decided to switch over to my lvl 18 DH that I haven't touched in a month, and got 5 Legendary drops within an hour. lol I know- your lower level characters are going to get more drops to upgrade gear. It was fun but kind of sad that my level 60 character feels like kind of an empty grind now. It was nice to get a little boost of fun again.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 12:13 PMPosted by ArcticShadow
Yesterday I got kind of bored playing with my lvl 60 monk (10 paragon) because not only were NO legendaries dropping, no keys from wardens (with 3 stack), not much gold was dropping either from anything including elites. ((Yes, I know, RNG, etc)) So I decided to switch over to my lvl 18 DH that I haven't touched in a month, and got 5 Legendary drops within an hour. lol I know- your lower level characters are going to get more drops to upgrade gear. It was fun but kind of sad that my level 60 character feels like kind of an empty grind now. It was nice to get a little boost of fun again.

It's easy to burn out on your main, especially paragon leveling a specific route.
I have alts that I jump to and it reignites the fun again.
Before you know it you'll be itching to run your main again. IMHO
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
It's easy to burn out on your main, especially paragon leveling a specific route.

This is definitely a big key to keeping the game fresh.

11/01/2013 12:13 PMPosted by ArcticShadow
It was fun but kind of sad that my level 60 character feels like kind of an empty grind now. It was nice to get a little boost of fun again.

Dry spells for finding loot can sap your farming endurance pretty fast, but I hope you find some great loot whenever you come back. Good luck, and have fun leveling that Demon Hunter!
Reply Quote

Yah I think that's the ticket, because it was 9 pm when I started then it seemed like 5 minutes later it was midnight. lol When I lose time like that, I KNOW I'm having fun. :P
Reply Quote

Yah I think that's the ticket, because it was 9 pm when I started then it seemed like 5 minutes later it was midnight. lol When I lose time like that, I KNOW I'm having fun. :P

Couldn't agree more. I love end game content, but sometimes that initial normal run from scratch with a new guy is a blast
Reply Quote

This is definitely a big key to keeping the game fresh.

Agreed. The more I play my WD the more I miss my Wiz. Once I get bored of my WD and start to play Wiz again i'll start to miss the WD. Variety is the spice of life. Trust me. I'm a chef and know about spices.
Reply Quote
i know what you mean. Levelling is kinda fun again (except all the story stuff for the nth time)

so far i've levelled one of each class to 60 (no powerlevelling or rushing except for a Spectrum :P and some decent lvl reduced gear), and have a couple other chars around the 25 mark for playing samescreen co-op sessions with friends when they pop around.

as a result it's nice to have options when the grind gets a bit too tedious on your main.

(you do start to run short on stash space however)
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Steave
Agreed. The more I play my WD the more I miss my Wiz. Once I get bored of my WD and start to play Wiz again i'll start to miss the WD. Variety is the spice of life. Trust me. I'm a chef and know about spices.

ha ha yes definitely true. I don't stop liking the original character, I just get bored, then eventually I will feel like I might be lucky with the RNG that day and get back on the main one.

11/01/2013 01:29 PMPosted by enem
(you do start to run short on stash space however)

YES. I'm having to constantly "murder my darlings" by getting rid of stuff to make room for better stuff.
Reply Quote
I have 10 mains (every variety of char) around the same lvl, but working on different acts.. I just rotate through them every time I play and it tends to keep things interesting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]