Diablo® III

Mit to Meat - Tek way.

Got inspired by Tek, Void, Doly and others (Flo included).
Running hybrid sns with liquify.
liking the range getting from meteor.
replaced shock with MW - blood for sustain.

so far, liking it. love spamming meteor.

and you don't have to be up and close to the mobs. and you can still spam meteor even when you are jailed.

you lose the mobility of teleport but so far meteor has been a good replacement.
Reply Quote
Use deep freeze helps with apoc.

Losing storm armor is huge DPS loss.

For sustain? Just get a weak LS weap to try it out instead.
Reply Quote
meatilicious
Reply Quote
Nice Yoda.

You've got 55+CC, 30 APoC and a - cost reduction?

Next up is dumping that WW crutch and embrace the unsung power of the default wand attack. I'm sure many just laughed at that, but I'm dead serious. Reclaim Teleport or SA and put your Meteor build into overdrive.

You're up and walking now. Time to toss aside that crutch and learn to run without it.

-dolynick
Edited by dolynick#1290 on 11/1/2013 5:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Crutch------Poo......:P :P
Reply Quote
I'm just going by what tek recommended. According to tek, MF is better than shock for meteor. What is default attack?
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 06:57 PMPosted by yodatoy
I'm just going by what tek recommended. According to tek, MF is better than shock for meteor. What is default attack?
Default attack is the wimpy little white ball that comes out when you try to cast a skill but don't have enough mana to do it.
Reply Quote
yodatoy:
It is. Shocking Aspect is still very good damage, and it's good when you're using Wicked Wind. But Shocking Aspect simply doesn't return the dividends when you're Meteor spamming. Blood Magic is the best way to survive RD without having to resort to a lifesteal weapon, which hits your DPS if you want to maintain 30APoC.

The thing is simply put that Magic Weapon is as good, or better, when you're Meteor spamming. And that's simply because the procs of Meteor are just so much lower than with Wicked Wind. Wicked Wind is an anomaly that Shocking Aspect is so strong. Now Shocking Aspect is still good and deals a bit more DPS than Blood Magic, but if you take into account that you're gaining sustain, it's a pretty good trade. Ideally, you shouldn't be spamming Wicked Wind except sparingly, and I agree with Dolynick that ideally you should be able to graduate to just spamming only Meteor. It's a bit more tenuous on singles, but there are definite dividends, since you can run a skill that's always useful (i.e. Teleport or Shocking Aspect).

I still personally prefer to have a secondary. And my favorite build is still a Shockquefy (Meteor/SNS) hybrid, so I still prefer to rely on just LoH and switch to Wicked Wind as I please. The thing I despise about Meteor is the casting delay. I have died so many times due to taking a damage spike that I find myself often running Safe Passage. And to me it's a toss-up whether the mobility+defense of Safe Passage is superior to the raw power+ap regen of Wicked Wind. If I'm speed farming Teleport is clearly better, but farming elites seems smoother with Wicked Wind.

Boozor:
Use deep freeze helps with apoc.

Losing storm armor is huge DPS loss.

For sustain? Just get a weak LS weap to try it out instead.
I agree on Deep Freeze, but Storm Armor isn't as huge a DPS loss as you'd think. That's carry-over thinking from SNS. In fact, most Magic Weapon runes appear to out-DPS Shocking Aspect in Meteor spamming builds, especially if you're not using Liquefy. The procs are functionally about half what they are in SNS with Liquefy spamming, and even worse with Molten Impact. That ends up meaning Shocking Aspect is still good, but other competitive choices becoming interesting. Loroese also mentioned the same thing, so it's not just me saying it. :

That said, I strongly encourage you to test it out. That's the best way to convince yourself. And if you find different results, I'm VERY interested. Just try to avoid Ghom, since Ghom is horrible for testing peformance on the more typical multi-target situations. Heck, if I could get any of you guys to test this stuff with pure Meteor spamming I'd be over-joyed. Sometimes I feel like I'm out in the wilderness without any of my wizard buddies to cross-check the robustness of my results. :lol
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 11/1/2013 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So thanks for all the inputs from you guys.
I got rid of WW and decided to be purely meteor. replaced WW with teleport b/c as wiz, you really need mobility esp with the rare bracer.
with 1200LOH it seems enough to get your health back and MF-blood is necessary for more survival.
I would not go with LS weapon b/c 30apoc is just too good and I guess I like high aps although bp won't matter anymore b/c I am not using WW.

ran though ACT3 keep and feels very efficient.

I guess what I like about meteor is you got the range, you can still spam while jailed.

so far so good.

Thank God there was more than just SNS.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 08:17 PMPosted by TekkZero
Heck, if I could get any of you guys to test this stuff with pure Meteor spamming I'd be over-joyed. Sometimes I feel like I'm out in the wilderness without any of my wizard buddies to cross-check the robustness of my results. :lol

I'd love to Tekk, but I can barely tie my shoe without losing my mind... there is math involved in tying shoes right? Anyways, I propose to you Meteor Mondays...
METEOR MONDAYS, MeTeoR MoNdaYs, Meteor Mondays...

Meteor bros get together every Monday to run, talk, observe and try out new thangs.
Hows 'bouts?
^V^

11/01/2013 03:23 PMPosted by yodatoy
(Flo included).

:)
Edited by FL0Maxx#1702 on 11/4/2013 7:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/02/2013 07:57 AMPosted by yodatoy
so far so good.

Good man. I suggested it more to get you to explore what Meteor is truly capable of, not because the hybrid is bad. It's nice to see you move away from WW and experience what LoH, procs, etc are like when you don't have the (currently, imo) broken skill holding up a CM variant. It's ok if you don't prefer it but if you're going to explore a different build, I think it's good if you at least try an "all in" build in the process. It took me quite a while to get around to doing that myself, for fear of what I was giving up to do so but I was rather happy with the results once I did.

-dolynick
Edited by dolynick#1290 on 11/4/2013 8:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ran a little of this on the new wiz

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#PQhXYS!egW!cZccYc

worked pretty well with 30 APoC and -5 meteor. I think this is what yodatoy had in profile when this thread was made. I've run the build before but never really embraced the dry attack until I saw in this thread that it's meant to be embraced. Good old wand attack does deal some fire damage if you are using chants will so that's something.
Reply Quote
@doly and chang.

I mean SNS is sns. It feels like you are getting a nice fresh of clean air when I play it after Meteor. but as doly said, if WW is in fact a broken skill, then I wanted to play without WW.

I feel that for me at least teleport is just too important for mobility and increase the chance of survival. Now my mit is decently high enough to take one molten bomb which is good. I like fast bp for quicker casting and 30 apoc is definitely better than 20 apoc.

Chang has the exact same build skill as my current profile. I want to be able to spam meteor 90% of the times while having to cast nova/eb/shard intermittently and mainly to take advantage of 20% cold bonus.

I replaced Astral instead of conflaglation b/c having 20 more arcane should benefit more to be able to spam 1 or 2 more meteors.

I tried pinpoint but it is just was not good for me at least. If you have deep freeze and 60+ cc, then I think pinpoint has diminishing return.

Definitely, I have to do little more micro with meteor but I don't think sns is any more perfect than meteor.
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 08:18 AMPosted by ChangBooster
I've run the build before but never really embraced the dry attack until I saw in this thread that it's meant to be embraced. Good old wand attack does deal some fire damage if you are using chants will so that's something.

It's quicker (more instant) AP regen than anything else we have, at the exchange of a little less total AP return possible with our active generator skills (LL, WW). It only hits one target, but in a full 30 APoC (with reductions too possibly), single target is where you need it most anyways. The question you really need to ask here is "Is it better for me to give up a little bit of total APoC (but more spread over time) in exchange for an entire extra skill of my choosing, or not?" That's your determining factor. I never realized how strong it actually was until I started running 30 APoC.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 08:56 AMPosted by dolynick
I've run the build before but never really embraced the dry attack until I saw in this thread that it's meant to be embraced. Good old wand attack does deal some fire damage if you are using chants will so that's something.

It's quicker (more instant) AP regen than anything else we have, at the exchange of a little less total AP return possible with our active generator skills (LL, WW). It only hits one target, but in a full 30 APoC (with reductions too possibly), single target is where you need it most anyways. The question you really need to ask here is "Is it better for me to give up a little bit of total APoC (but more spread over time) in exchange for an entire extra skill of my choosing, or not?" That's your determining factor. I never realized how strong it actually was until I started running 30 APoC.

-dolynick

wand atk is GG. crits = 30 AP = almost another meteor instantly. LL and WW are good, but take a skill slot and have slower AP regen.
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Void

-dolynick

wand atk is GG. crits = 30 AP = almost another meteor instantly. LL and WW are good, but take a skill slot and have slower AP regen.
But Slower regen isn't a bad thing, since it provides a stable AP pool that is constantly spiking up-and-down.

And the big downside to wand attack is the lower DPS. If you're struggling to pay for Meteor, it's not a good sign to be regularly doing the wand attack, because often you're needing to alternate 50% of the time between a wand and Meteor attack. For example with Molten Impact, you'd dip 40% dps. That seems pretty steep to me, when Meteors are such a huge % contribution of our effective DPS.
Reply Quote

But Slower regen isn't a bad thing, since it provides a stable AP pool that is constantly spiking up-and-down.

And the big downside to wand attack is the lower DPS. If you're struggling to pay for Meteor, it's not a good sign to be regularly doing the wand attack, because often you're needing to alternate 50% of the time between a wand and Meteor attack. For example with Molten Impact, you'd dip 40% dps. That seems pretty steep to me, when Meteors are such a huge % contribution of our effective DPS.

but i don't want slower regen. I want instant AP for another meteor and kill things with instead of having a full AP pool.demonstrated many times in my meteor FOM full clear series.
Reply Quote
also, i would take mw or tp or even slowtime over a generator.
Reply Quote

but i don't want slower regen. I want instant AP for another meteor and kill things with instead of having a full AP pool.demonstrated many times in my meteor FOM full clear series.
Right, but when you need the steady stream, it's for sustained fights. For example, look at the Gelador's recent video: http://youtu.be/ZdBzTlVkahQ . In your video, you never really attack singles, and that's what I think is the main difference in style. If you're forced into an extended fight with a single, a wand attack doesn't see GG to me, since it's hard to keep Meteor going. So that means either a slow-down, or moving on.
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Void
also, i would take mw or tp or even slowtime over a generator.
We respectfully must disagree. :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]