Diablo® III

Success w/LoH & Meats????

i know there is a LoH guru in here somewhere.... looking to see if pure LoH and meteor is viable for mp10 and how much LoH is needed,
currently in an Archon setup for para lvling... but plz assume i have the gear in stash or available to use to make it work.
Edited by FossilRecord#1210 on 11/1/2013 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Depends on the build.

Pure meteor doesn't like RD very much, you are very likely to blow yourself up without life steal. Because of the tick rate of meteor burn, I also find that without LS you need ridiculous amounts of LoH to be viable.

I tried a meteor build with 2500 LoH that survived sorta okay... until I hit anything with reflect damage.
Reply Quote
i know there is a LoH guru in here somewhere

That's probably me, and a few others. I have a Meteor guide, and in the FAQ section I discuss LoH versus Life Steal: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10357946014?page=1#2 . Pretty much to survive with LoH on gear you have a few choices:
a.) you need either to resort to a secondary AP-generating skill that has a higher proc-to-damage ratio (like Living Lightning and Wicked Wind). Then you only need like 800-1000LoH to work (the standard for SNS).
b.) use Safe Passage and stack mitigation, plus ~1500LoH.
c.) use Blood Magic to supplement any existing LoH.
d.) use Frost Nova+Liquefy+Evocation+2.5+aps to lockdown RD elites (can sometimes be risky, but when done right works wonders)
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 08:25 PMPosted by TekkZero
i know there is a LoH guru in here somewhere

That's probably me, and a few others. I have a Meteor guide, and in the FAQ section I discuss LoH versus Life Steal: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10357946014?page=1#2 . Pretty much to survive with LoH on gear you have a few choices:
a.) you need either to resort to a secondary AP-generating skill that has a higher proc-to-damage ratio (like Living Lightning and Wicked Wind). Then you only need like 800-1000LoH to work (the standard for SNS).
b.) use Safe Passage and stack mitigation, plus ~1500LoH.
c.) use Blood Magic to supplement any existing LoH.
d.) use Frost Nova+Liquefy+Evocation+2.5+aps to lockdown RD elites (can sometimes be risky, but when done right works wonders)

perfect... thx a bunch. i'm lovin the diff Meteor builds and want to get comfortable with a heavy LoH non LS gearing for when LS does get the nerf hammer dropped on it.

with option d.) use Frost Nova+Liquefy+Evocation+2.5+aps to lockdown RD elites (can sometimes be risky, but when done right works wonders)... whats a nice LoH figure to aim for?
Edited by FossilRecord#1210 on 11/1/2013 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So you can make it work with as little as 800-1200LoH. The idea is to approach a RD pack and either: a.) start freezing and sustain off a surrounding mob (until the RD wears off) or b.) just wait until the RD wears off, and then immediately start your spam. If your freezing strength is strong enough, you can lock down elites from turning on RD again. This is one of the nice benefits of Liquefy. I have yet to successfully do this with other Meteor runes.

To give you an idea of the sustain, you're likely to field 3-5x less than with SNS (assuming your Frost Nova spamming). The procs are actually 4-5x worse for Liquefy, but it's not as bad, since a lot of Wicked Wind's proc advantage is absorbed into a stronger freezing strength. According to the d3cmww.com, if you compare Meteor to Wicked Wind we get:
*With Wicked Wind, we get 3x more LoH than Liquefy, and 5x more LoH than Molten Impact
*With Wicked Wind, we get 2x faster cooldowns than Liquefy, and 3x faster cooldowns than Molten Impact
*A correlary is that with Liquefy we get ~45% faster cooldowns and ~60% more LoH than Molten Impact

So if you want SNS level LoH levels (800LoH), you'll need something like a hefty 2400LoH or so. And that's with Liquefy!
Reply Quote
So last night and for a short time this morning i have been running the Basic SMS spec with these stats at Para 63:

270k Dps ---2.14 Aps ---282 Ehp ---86% Mit ---1530 LoH

Passives = CB CM Evo

now i realize i can get more Mit/Ehp/Aps with a Mempo on but i am trying to run this build with 30 Apoc and do actually prefer a SC over Mempo for various reasons.

My concern is how successful ppl have been running a LoH Meats build with only 20Apoc and no alt generator such as LL or WW.
Reply Quote
11/02/2013 10:15 AMPosted by FossilRecord
My concern is how successful ppl have been running a LoH Meats build with only 20Apoc and no alt generator such as LL or WW.

they probably run in areas that are more packed with mobs like fom.
Reply Quote
11/02/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Emperor

they probably run in areas that are more packed with mobs like fom.

Yeah i have been running a lot today with 20Apoc and mempo for a bit more Ehp... i don't mind it but still like SC better even though it hurts ehp/mit
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]