Diablo® III

Xbox 360 players

Next Gen D3: Ultimate Evil Edition is only being released on PS4. This thread's sole purpose is to discuss why this is completely ridiculous and why Blizzard would bring in new fans from the Xbox 360 community and then totally alienate them by not releasing the continuation version of D3 on the Xbox One. The unfortunate truth is that when the PS4 version hits, there would seemingly be no reason for them to continue supporting old consoles with updates, patches ,dlc, etc. Why would they? They are going to have their hands completely full with PC, not to mention the workload that the new and improved PS4 version will bear. I started this thread a long time ago in search of answers from Blizzard and not one Blue post has appeared at all. All I can say is hopefully they at least explain to us why we're not getting an Xbox One Ultimate Evil Edition sooner than later. As for RoS coming to Xbox 360, you might as well forget that. The 360 can barely handle the game as it is even with the lowered monster density so do not expect RoS to come to 360 or PS3. At the end of the day it's just childish of Blizzard not to give up some answers and clear this up for us, whatever though I guess. I'm trading in my 360 tomorrow toward an Xbox One, it is what it is.
Edited by iRageQuit#1311 on 11/16/2013 11:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well this has put a downer on my entire life.
Reply Quote
it's rumoured that when there was talk of D3 on the next-gen consoles Sony came to the party and provided PS4 development kits to Blizz, whereas Microsoft didn't bother.

If that's the case then I imagine that sort of deal comes with some conditions such as Blizz pushing PS4 as their next-gen choice of platform, and not making any commitments to the competitor's system., which may explain why there is no firm statement in regard to the XBox One.

I would assume you'll hear more about XB1 and Diablo once the PS4 bandwagon has run it's course.
Reply Quote
11/02/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Resolvedone
Well this has put a downer on my entire life.

I hear you bro, it definitely is very disappointing.
Reply Quote
it's rumoured that when there was talk of D3 on the next-gen consoles Sony came to the party and provided PS4 development kits to Blizz, whereas Microsoft didn't bother.

If that's the case then I imagine that sort of deal comes with some conditions such as Blizz pushing PS4 as their next-gen choice of platform, and not making any commitments to the competitor's system., which may explain why there is no firm statement in regard to the XBox One.

I would assume you'll hear more about XB1 and Diablo once the PS4 bandwagon has run it's course.

Nobody knows why they haven't announced it for Xbone, it's all just speculation. "As of now" it is not planned as a release.
Reply Quote
Need to get this thread going man.
Edited by iRageQuit#1311 on 11/3/2013 1:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
I play because I'm still having fun, and I think we'll get d3 for xbone, they just haven't announced it yet.

Didn't they announce D3 for PS3 way before announcing it for xbox?
Reply Quote
The only way I'll be playing RoS on 360 is if it is a cheaper DLC. Wouldn't pay $40 for it
Reply Quote
@Jameson- That's what everyone says when they don't want to really think about the situation. You may be having fun now, but when we don't get it and you feel like you've wasted a !@#$ load of time, don't say I didn't tell you so. Appreciate the feedback though.
Edited by iRageQuit#1311 on 11/3/2013 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Andrew
The only way I'll be playing RoS on 360 is if it is a cheaper DLC. Wouldn't pay $40 for it

360 isn't getting RoS, possibly won't even get anymore updates after PS4 version launches.
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 01:48 PMPosted by iRageQuit

360 isn't getting RoS, possibly won't even get anymore updates after PS4 version launches.

I've read differently, I heard xbox 360 is getting RoS. Can you link no RoS for 360? I would doubt blizzard would lay off all of their 360 people just like that
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Andrew

I've read differently, I heard xbox 360 is getting RoS. Can you link no RoS for 360? I would doubt blizzard would lay off all of their 360 people just like that
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11217435/reaper-of-souls%E2%84%A2-at-blizzcon%C2%AE-2013-on-pc-and-ps4-10-17-2013
Reply Quote
@Andrew- They don't have "360 people". Their console development team is just one team, seeing how the game is exactly the same on both consoles (minus some extra stuff that ps3 got that we also got hosed on).
Reply Quote

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11217435/reaper-of-souls%E2%84%A2-at-blizzcon%C2%AE-2013-on-pc-and-ps4-10-17-2013

They just say they're demoing the PC and PS4 versions. Doesn't say it's not coming to 360.

And I'm a developer, not for games, but for software. And you generally have different teams for different operating systems. That's why games didn't come to mac OS at first.
Reply Quote
They don't confirm it for 360 either though, a confirmation is really the only way to say that we "are" getting it. Until we "are" getting it, we "aren't" getting it,
Edited by iRageQuit#1311 on 11/3/2013 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
That is really the least of my worries though, I am more concerned with the lack of a confirmed Xbone release. We should be getting the same treatment as Sony, or, they should at least announce some exclusivity to Sony or something to stop keeping us Xbox players in the dark. The unnecessary suspense seriously sucks.
Edited by iRageQuit#1311 on 11/3/2013 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think blizzard has a deal with sony, hence the extra items available on the ps3 version, as well as earlier announcements about the d3 launch as well as its launch for ps4. I could be wrong though.

I would definitely want to play RoS when it comes to consoles and i'm not worried in the slightest that we won't get it for xbox.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Until Blizzard confirms yes or no there is no confirmed answer. Simple as that its unknown for 360 and Xbox one until blizzard says otherwise. Does not matter if you say we or are not at the end of the day its all personal opinion and guesses has Blizzard as not given a confirmed yes or no...
People starting a thread like this don't know jack !@#$!!
Reply Quote
As of now we AREN'T! getting it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]