Diablo® III

Xbox 360 players

besides... who the hell is actually excited about next gen and who is just getting it because its the next step to continue gaming?

the new generation of consoles are more of a con than the current one

here we have shoddy consoles that break down, terribly managed internet systems you either have to pay again to use or worry about all your details being stolen and developers more interested in turning your console into an eyesore dvd/cd/search engine

next gen is full of sh1tty gimmicks that do not matter to gaming and are simply designed to sell the console without the 3rd party support of developers who are getting sick and tired of the sh1t flinging monkey fight the console war is becoming

its a joke

personally im sticking with my shoddy 360 for now, plenty of games i havent yet played to make it worthwhile for me to stay here
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 04:59 AMPosted by Bramblethorn
Torchlight 2 was on sale for next to nothing lol.

thats because its effing sh1te pal

i played torchlight 1 like mad, i loved it.

torchlight 2 was just not fun, your skills fell underpowered and pew pew pew their way through the enemies, thats why i cambe back to D3, because its the only game where you can slam enemies across the screen with your massive overcompensatory "hammer" of the ancients etc

even at lvl 1 i still felt i had more power than i did at lvl 40 in torchlight 2
Reply Quote
As of now there's nothing about it. RoS doesn't come out til March of next year, so quit your crying and be patient. I doubt that Blizzard will pass up the opportunity to make money off of both next-gen consoles.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Why would they release Diablo 3 on Xbox 360 and PS3 and then stop supporting it a couple months later? I mean, the Wiki says RoS will be ported to the consoles, and I assume it's true.
Reply Quote
18 Blood Elf Warrior
just so you all know blizzard isn't the problem they want D3 and RoS for us boxers it's microsoft who can't seem to care hell look at the last update because microsoft sucks at patching updates through ps3 had the update weeks b4 us only game microsoft cares about is cod (which sucks btw) so if you want someone to blame blame microsoft i hate them but they make the best gaming systems.......buy sony for good gaming and awesome company.....buy xbox if you want to be on the phone for 5 hours just to be told sorry can't help you. o and an amazing system......
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 11:49 PMPosted by Buggs
Torchlight 2 was on sale for next to nothing lol.

thats because its effing sh1te pal

i played torchlight 1 like mad, i loved it.

torchlight 2 was just not fun, your skills fell underpowered and pew pew pew their way through the enemies, thats why i cambe back to D3, because its the only game where you can slam enemies across the screen with your massive overcompensatory "hammer" of the ancients etc

even at lvl 1 i still felt i had more power than i did at lvl 40 in torchlight 2

Oh man, that's rather sad to hear. Both the wife and I loved the first Torchlight too. Our only complaint was the lack of co-op, which Torchlight 2 now has apparently (and what excited us initially about Diablo 3 too). Unfortunately Torchlight 2 can't be purchased for the Xbox 360 due to it having too many "limitations", the blame for which all falls on Microsoft (or so the TL2 developers have said). Makes me wonder why it didn't come out for the PS3 if that is truly the case though. Meh, but I digress...

So what crossed my mind regarding the underpowered feeling is that perhaps they did too good of a job balancing abilities as the player levels up. Did it affect all of the characters or just the one you chose to play? Thanks a lot, I'm all depressed now lol. Well at least we'll always have Diablo. Going to keep praying RoS will get released for the Xbox 360 and it's just the usual impedimenta keeping Blizzard quiet for the time being, like the stuff I mentioned in my previous comment (and lets not forget Microsoft's many idiotic policies). ;)
Reply Quote
Thank you for this post. Xbox One version needs to happen or there will be a lot of confused, upset, and sad D3 lovers.
Reply Quote
I think RoS will probably be like a late DLC. Like maybe PS players will get it a month before xbox players, but I doubt they just won't make it for xbox. they'll be losing money for no reason by doing that. And again, It will probably come to the one too, like someone else said, they didnt announce it for the 360 for a while after they announced it for the PS3, a lot of people where saying "Oh it's a PS3 exclusive" when it wasn't. Just my opinion.
Reply Quote
Worst case scenario: Ripped Off Souls? :D
Reply Quote
Hard Core is my new motivation!
Reply Quote
11/11/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Mongo77
Hard Core is my new motivation!

Nice, now when everyone gets a PS4 because that's the only confirmed console Next Gen D3/RoS is coming to, you can do VoTA runs in hardcore by yourself on an outdated version of the game on a dead console. Have a great time.
Reply Quote
Once RoS comes out, I'll probably play the PC version regularly again.
Reply Quote
I laughed at the stupidity of this thread.

It's all marketing, do your homework. Here are the facts:

1) When the console version was announced, it was announced only for PS3. You know why? One of the people that works at blizzard on D3 used to work for Sony on the playstation team. There was a video interview with the guy. So this is also why PS3 got more exclusive items, because of that relationship. This is why PS4 is first.

2) PS4 comes out 11/15, Friday. Blizzcon was a great place to promote the PS4 'exclusive evil edition' release. Help Sony sell more units, marketing 101.

3) What happened once we got closer to the D3 release? Xbox 360 version was announced after months of only having a PS3 version confirmed. People were pissed, returned PS3s they bought just to play the console version of D3 cause they already owned a Xbox 360. All was right with the universe.

4) Here is what will happen...wait for it. They will have a Diablo 3 ROS version for XBOX One. There is no way you target one platform and lose out on all that $$ potential. I expect that announcement to happen before years end. I'd bet my 2004 WoW account with day one characters.

5) Now PS3 or Xbox 360. I think they won't get expansions. No ROS.

And don't read to much into the word 'exclusive' in the PS4 announcement. Blizzard doesn't know what that means evident by the exclusive tyreal wings for PC CE, then they popped up exclusive for Console preorder D3. Hell, even the exclusive Infernal helm for preorder customers can now be bought on Xbox live.

Just enjoy D3 now and you'll see the announcements come down for Xbox One at a minimum.
Reply Quote
Blizzard would do well to at least confirm that the game will be coming to XBOX One. Don't even have to give any information on features, just tell people that it's coming, so they can stop worrying about it.

It's marketing, though. Look at all of the marketing for NBA2k14 next gen - it's ALL focused on the PlayStation 4 and would make you believe there isn't a version coming for XBOX One...but there is, and it also runs at 1080p. So the conspiracies are a little misplaced.

I think Sony's just shelling out a lot of money to create the appearance that they've got a lot of exclusives, or that the PS4 is the best platform for these games.
Reply Quote
Ok, I don't know how many times this has to be confirmed, if you go to IGN there is a article from Blizzard stating why there is no Xbox One version. Sony gave them a dev kit at the same time they gave there 1st party studios one showing great respect while Microsoft refused to give them one and said they can purchase one along with everyone else when it becomes available.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The reason... entertainment value.

Sure its a downer that we may not get future content, but I'm getting a lot of value out the game.

Lets do some quick math to see if the game is worth it...

I bought a $60 dollar game, with 14% tax that's $68.40.

I play four player ALL the time with my girlfriend, brother, and his son... still at a one time cost of $68.40.

Now if we were all to go to a movie... for only 1.5 hours of entertainment... that would cost $16 a ticket with %14 tax or $18.24 per person... $72.96 for all of us... (no treats included)

That is why I continue to play... its fun, its relatively inexpensive... and even if I buy a totally new version in several months... its still worth it.
Reply Quote
11/11/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Psythce
Ok, I don't know how many times this has to be confirmed, if you go to IGN there is a article from Blizzard stating why there is no Xbox One version. Sony gave them a dev kit at the same time they gave there 1st party studios one showing great respect while Microsoft refused to give them one and said they can purchase one along with everyone else when it becomes available.

Not the whole story and not very accurate.
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 11:11 AMPosted by MourningSon
As of now there's nothing about it. RoS doesn't come out til March of next year, so quit your crying and be patient. I doubt that Blizzard will pass up the opportunity to make money off of both next-gen consoles.

Would be nice to know sooner than later though, so I can decide whether I'm committing to Xbox 360 > One vs. jumping ship to PS4 (yes I love Diablo 3 on console that much)...
Reply Quote
I keep playing mainly because my PS4 pre-order is not yet in my hands.
Reply Quote
11/13/2013 04:43 PMPosted by EvilClown
I keep playing mainly because my PS4 pre-order is not yet in my hands.

Thread's for Xbox players brother.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]