Diablo® III

Xbox 360 players

11/26/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Blooddrunk
we're all playing the same current version for the next 6 months regardless of which next-gen platform RoS comes out on.

just have patience until the current launch/PS4 hype passes and wait and see what Blizz tell us in the new year. remember Blizz tell us things when they want to, not when we ask unfortunately.

11/16/2013

Don't worry about this guy, he thinks he knows everything. Btw got my XBone and it is AWESOME! No way possible for PS to compete. Inferior in every aspect.
Reply Quote
86 Human Warrior
Money talks.
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Scarified
Money talks.

You're absolutely right, the XBone outsold the PS4 and money has clearly spoken. Also, the Xbox 360 version of D3 outsold the PS3 version. Why would it not come to the Console leading in sales? Definitely won't be a PS4 exclusive, don't sweat it Xbox players we will get it. When? I don't know but we will definitely get it.
Reply Quote
As of now we COULD BE getting it.

FIXED IT FOR YA... Since there is no official info.
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Scarified
Money talks.

This is the key thing to consider more than anything else. The recent release and overall success of the Playstation 4 and Xbox One need to be considered in this regard as well. One thing we can count on for certain is that a business like Blizzard is in it solely for profits no matter what they might say to the contrary. They have little interest in what we gamers want, other than perhaps as one very small factor (amongst many) in deciding the risk versus reward for an undertaking like Reaper of Souls.

So the real question we should be trying to answer is whether or not it would be profitable enough for them to invest the required time and money needed to port, test, and market Reaper of Souls for the current generation of consoles. Honestly speaking? I can see them not bothering, and my reasoning partly involves the import feature. It's probably safe to assume that if Playstation 4 users are allowed to import saves from the Playstation 3, so too will Xbox One users be able to import saves from the Xbox 360... if such a version is in the works (I feel it is).

Think about it; the more platforms they have to develop for (i.e. invest in), the less potential profit there may be. It makes fiscal sense to, as a video game developer, just focus on our inevitable future rather than two soon to be dead systems (among many others) regardless of how we gamers feel about it or whether some of us can't even afford a new console right now. Why take the extra time and money needed to create and test a facility for importing last-gen saves at all if not for the fact they want to encourage everyone to move forward and embrace a future the gaming industry clearly wants us all to? Like I said, all of their decision making revolves around profitability, and it's most profitable for them to do exactly that. It's important to think long term in this industry and not rely too much (if at all) on wishful thinking, which I'll admit I've done my fair share of.

All I know for sure is that, when I purchased the Xbox 360 version of Diablo 3, the day it came out in September, it wasn't based on the promise of new content or long term support. My expectation was that I would get Diablo 3 and enjoy playing it with my wife. Nothing more, nothing less. I didn't even know about Reaper of Souls at the time. Even if I did, I highly doubt it would have influenced my decision to buy Diablo 3 for the Xbox 360 at all. Heck, even if I knew about it's existence back then AND that it was never going to be released for either last gen consoles, I most likely would have still purchased it. I'm sure a lot of gamers would have. I bought it exactly for what I wanted and that is what I got.

As far as I know, Blizzard hasn't made any promises to anyone. So it's no like they'd be ripping us off if I'm right. If you want some idea of what the future holds, just look at all of their previous decisions over the past decade or so. Not just the ones involving profitability, but patches too, like for World of Warcraft. They are no strangers to repeatedly disappointing the very people whom allow them to keep their jobs. And if I had to take psychology into consideration, I'd wager the fact we haven't heard anything about an Xbox One release yet is simply due to a desire for a little bit of karmic revenge regarding the matter of the dev kits. After all, more than a few big egos can be found within their industry lol.
Reply Quote
11/30/2013 11:05 PMPosted by Bramblethorn
This is the key thing to consider more than anything else. The recent release and overall success of the Playstation 4 and Xbox One need to be considered in this regard as well.

I agree with this, only one thing urks me about it. The Xbox One (which I bought and can't stop playing) is leading next-gen console sales and the Xbox 360 version of D3 sold more than the PS3 version. Why lose out on all that money? I'll and answer my own question here and tell all of you Sony fanboys they won't. At the end of the day it's a business and they aren't stupid enough (assuming they have the proper business education) to release a game exclusively to a console not leading the next-gen sales not to mention 360 version of D3 selling more than PS3. You guys have to use your brains, we can argue all day and night but when you finally see this game come to Xbox One I want all you Sony fanboys to realize how childish and ridiculous you were for wanting PoS4 exclusivity. Discuss this post if you must but it won't change the inevitable, have a good day ;)
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 05:35 PMPosted by iRageQuit
I agree with this, only one thing urks me about it. The Xbox One (which I bought and can't stop playing) is leading next-gen console sales and the Xbox 360 version of D3 sold more than the PS3 version. Why lose out on all that money? I'll and answer my own question here and tell all of you Sony fanboys they won't. At the end of the day it's a business and they aren't stupid enough (assuming they have the proper business education) to release a game exclusively to a console not leading the next-gen sales not to mention 360 version of D3 selling more than PS3. You guys have to use your brains, we can argue all day and night but when you finally see this game come to Xbox One I want all you Sony fanboys to realize how childish and ridiculous you were for wanting PoS4 exclusivity. Discuss this post if you must but it won't change the inevitable, have a good day ;)

Never say never lol. I agree that it would be insane for Blizzard to even consider exclusivity, especially after releasing Diablo 3 for the platforms they have already, but who knows what kind of back room deals have been made or the motivation behind any of it (especially for being so tight lipped, which as an Xbox 360 owner is irksome to say the least).

Humans, as witnessed by reading the comments on any forum, particularly this one, don't always think rationally. This becomes especially true when emotions creep into the thought process, such as from feeling slighted whether real or imagined. The whole deal involving the developer kits from Sony and lack thereof from Microsoft, for example, may have had more of an impact that we realize. The result usually ends up involving a desire to punish the perceived offender and call it karma, or perhaps it had no impact at all (hopefully). Even the most mature individual can make a childish bone-headed decision when the conditions are just right.

All I know for sure is that so long as nothing has been said officially by Blizzard, Reaper of Souls does not and will not exist for the Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Playstation 3. The rest is wishful thinking closely followed by attempts at justifying why that "logical" thinking must be inevitably correct. Everyone is guilty of doing this in one form or another, especially me. Hey, I really want to see Reaper of Souls come out for my console just as badly as the next guy! ;)

Despite the fact I've been doing 99% of my gaming on the Xbox 360 since 2006 (and more PC gaming as of late), I'll admit I've been leaning towards the Playstation 4 due in large part to all of the things Microsoft has said and done since first announcing the Xbox One, along with all the other questionable things that came to light over the past year or so, things everyone seems to have blithely forgotten already. Nothing is set in stone however.

I promised myself a while back that I would not buy either next gen console until at least one year had passed though. So far sticking to that promise hasn't been hard, but I imagine if Blizzard did finally announce they were indeed releasing Reaper of Souls for the Xbox One, complete with the ability to import saves from the Xbox 360 via USB, I'd have a much harder time of it. Especially if they also confirmed it wasn't going to be coming out for the last gen platforms.

I keep telling myself there are plenty of (good?) Diablo clones out there I could play instead, and also that there are always new ones just around the corner given it's a popular style of game play, but I put a lot of work into leveling all five of the character classes as far as I have thus far and as much as I enjoyed the sheer repetitiveness of it, I can honestly say I wouldn't want to do it all over again from scratch. I'd rather play something new than do that. I guess that's my way of saying the ball is in Blizzard's court now and what they choose to do with it may not only win or lose them the game, but have potentially far reaching consequences for Microsoft and Sony too. Surely I cannot be the only one putting this much thought into it lol. Or do the vast majority have more money than sense these days? ;)
Reply Quote
Very disappointed they didn't even spend a word about this...It stink like a marketing strategy...
Plus I' m sad they didn't fix pvp with this expansion...I really can't understand 90% of their decision...Looking backwards there are many reasons to think this expansion won't be as cool as they told you..Ofc I won't stop playing this game and I'm pretty courious about all theese innovations but I hope the best is yet to come and Ros is just a step closer..pretty sure it will come on xbox 360 an One....why?? because ok, they aren't smart as I expected... but they can' t be so stupid... :-P
Reply Quote
My guess is that Sony has a period of exclusivity deal with Blizzard for D3/RoS on PS4. It'll most likely come to XB 1 at a later date.
Reply Quote
11/02/2013 05:23 PMPosted by iRageQuit
Next Gen D3: Ultimate Evil Edition is only being released on PS4. This thread's sole purpose is to discuss why this is completely ridiculous and why Blizzard would bring in new fans from the Xbox 360 community and then totally alienate them by not releasing the continuation version of D3 on the Xbox One. The unfortunate truth is that when the PS4 version hits, there would seemingly be no reason for them to continue supporting old consoles with updates, patches ,dlc, etc. Why would they? They are going to have their hands completely full with PC, not to mention the workload that the new and improved PS4 version will bear. I started this thread a long time ago in search of answers from Blizzard and not one Blue post has appeared at all. All I can say is hopefully they at least explain to us why we're not getting an Xbox One Ultimate Evil Edition sooner than later. As for RoS coming to Xbox 360, you might as well forget that. The 360 can barely handle the game as it is even with the lowered monster density so do not expect RoS to come to 360 or PS3. At the end of the day it's just childish of Blizzard not to give up some answers and clear this up for us, whatever though I guess. I'm trading in my 360 tomorrow toward an Xbox One, it is what it is.

I find it hard to believe that Activision/Blizzard would only release to the PS4...that's a waste of money...it's no different than Diablo 3 being a PC-only game, especially when next-gen consoles are fully capable of running the game, it would be a wasted opportunity to earn more money on game sales.
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 06:37 AMPosted by TTUVAPOR
Next Gen D3: Ultimate Evil Edition is only being released on PS4. This thread's sole purpose is to discuss why this is completely ridiculous and why Blizzard would bring in new fans from the Xbox 360 community and then totally alienate them by not releasing the continuation version of D3 on the Xbox One. The unfortunate truth is that when the PS4 version hits, there would seemingly be no reason for them to continue supporting old consoles with updates, patches ,dlc, etc. Why would they? They are going to have their hands completely full with PC, not to mention the workload that the new and improved PS4 version will bear. I started this thread a long time ago in search of answers from Blizzard and not one Blue post has appeared at all. All I can say is hopefully they at least explain to us why we're not getting an Xbox One Ultimate Evil Edition sooner than later. As for RoS coming to Xbox 360, you might as well forget that. The 360 can barely handle the game as it is even with the lowered monster density so do not expect RoS to come to 360 or PS3. At the end of the day it's just childish of Blizzard not to give up some answers and clear this up for us, whatever though I guess. I'm trading in my 360 tomorrow toward an Xbox One, it is what it is.

I find it hard to believe that Activision/Blizzard would only release to the PS4...that's a waste of money...it's no different than Diablo 3 being a PC-only game, especially when next-gen consoles are fully capable of running the game, it would be a wasted opportunity to earn more money on game sales.

Hard to believe, but not confirmed.

That's all we want. Some official word on if it is or is not coming to XBone. The fact that we don't get an answer for this is frustrating and confusing.
Reply Quote
These guys have no idea what they are talking about. This that say that Xbox One is inferior in every way is a true fanboy.

I Love my PS4 and the facts are in the system, PS4 is superior to Xbox One, get over it, it don't matter anyway, every system has always had different specifications, and they still sell.

Now to say Xbox One is leading Next Gen sales, is just a dumb statement.

First of all Xbox One sold all there pro-orders on launch day and that was 1 million.

PlayStation 4 sold 1 million of pre-orders on launch day with still 2.1 million pre-orders waiting through the next year. Plus the half a million from the UK sold on launch and they still have 1million waiting also. Japan hasn't even launched yet to add to that! Now plz explain to me how that is remotely close to Xbox One leading sales?!

Get your facts straight, you sound like an idiot when you post crap you know nothing about.
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Psythce
PS4 is superior to Xbox One

No, it isn't.

12/06/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Psythce
Now to say Xbox One is leading Next Gen sales, is just a dumb statement.

How can it be dumb and true at the same time?
Reply Quote
No reports of Xbox Ones transmogrifying into paperweights either.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Sony is winning in sales but that isnt a good reason to not have D3 on xbox one. Im just hoping when the PS4 D3 gets its release date, so does xbox one and the old gen.
Reply Quote
Cost to Play RoS on Console
(as determined in USD)

PC version: $60.00 Launch/Sunk
Xbox 360/PS3 version: $60.00 Current/Sunk
PS4 cost: $400.00 Current/opportunity
PS4 version: $60.00 Projected/opportunity

Total cost of re-rolling new characters: $580.00

If you are looking to be an Xbox One person (regardless of previous generation console type), and you had invested in the PC version at launch, AND the game never comes to Xbox One... man does it suck to suck if you wanted to re-roll for the third time. Gotta keep them corporate coffers full, ya feel me?
Reply Quote
Ragequit, I will tell you what, you provide the source saying Xbox One is leading sales, and I'll agree with you, but you won't find it, so goodluck.

Right now PS4 sales are leading 4-1, without the release of Japan yet, which will then be 5-1 around February when they get all pre-orders fulfilled.

You sir, are in denial. I agree D3 should be on Xbox One, but don't try to provide false statements to justify why.
Reply Quote
we need answers and we need them fast! I am losing interest so fast in this game, paragon 26 and I fail to see the point in going any further...even just a patch with adventure mode would do for now...please don't make me play the story again, i've done it over 30 times now......help :(
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Psythce
Ragequit, I will tell you what, you provide the source saying Xbox One is leading sales, and I'll agree with you, but you won't find it, so goodluck.

Right now PS4 sales are leading 4-1, without the release of Japan yet, which will then be 5-1 around February when they get all pre-orders fulfilled.

You sir, are in denial. I agree D3 should be on Xbox One, but don't try to provide false statements to justify why.

I don't deny that PS4 is for little kids.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]