Diablo® III

Better Diablo games than D3

View profile
Can you suggest me better diablo games than D3, i'm sure there are a few that i don't know about?

the only ones i know are

God of war 3 (i know it's a stretch...)
Diablo 1-2
Grim Dawn
PoE
Reply Quote
what would you consider as "better" is the real question.
Reply Quote
I've been enjoying Grim Dawn. The beta should be released either at the end of November or perhaps December/January which will add a lot of awesome content.
Reply Quote
Can you suggest me better diablo games than D3, i'm sure there are a few that i don't know about?

the only ones i know are

God of war 3 (i know it's a stretch...)
Diablo 1-2
Grim Dawn
PoE

ARPGs only?

You can try Poe like you said or Torchlight 2. I heard TL2 is really good if you look past the cartoon look. There's MMORPGs too.
Reply Quote
-Torchlight 2
-Sacred 2 Gold edition
-Path of Exile
Reply Quote
View profile
11/03/2013 03:50 PMPosted by KradisZ

more addictive, more darker tone, more mass-able summoner class.
Reply Quote
Though I haven't tried it yet, I have heard some good stuff about Van Helsing.

Just thought of mentioning it since no one has done so already.
Reply Quote
I've played Path of Exile, "better than Diablo III" is a dubious claim at best.
You might LIKE it more, but that doesn't make it a better game.

It's got some cool features that I liked, and a lot of potential, but that doesn't make for a better game. Just a different one that appeals to a certain type of player.
Reply Quote

more addictive, more darker tone, more mass-able summoner class.

what's a mass-able summoner class, there's one in PoE? zombies and spectrals galore

more addictive - too vague that's a generality of interest, what i find interesting is what you might find boring

more darker tone - have you tried dark/demon's souls?

11/04/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Tuna
Just a different one that appeals to a certain type of player.

Wouldn't that make it a better game? If a game appeals to everyone then why isn't everyone playing it.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/4/2013 11:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Grim Dawn went up on Steam today as an early access game for $26.99. The devs say the first act (the only one so far) takes around 8-16 hours with more content to come. I'm really tempted to pick it up even though I have about 10 new games I haven't had time to install yet.
Reply Quote
View profile
Since you have God of War on your list I assume you aren't solely looking for ARPGs. Another fun and possibly not so well known "action" game I've played recently is Darksiders. It's 3rd person brawler type with what I consider an interesting story and very fun gameplay.
Reply Quote
As far as "Diablo like" games go

TorchLight 1 & 2
Titan Quest/Titan Quest Immortal Throne(Gold)
Fate (there are a few of those)
Van Helsing (cool, but for some reason I can't really get into it)
Din's Curse
Sacred 1 & 2
DarkSpore
Space Hack

All good games that are like Diablo, top-down ARPGs.
Edited by Bilgato#1967 on 11/17/2013 12:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
As far as "Diablo like" games go

TorchLight 1 & 2
Titan Quest/Titan Quest Immortal Throne(Gold)
Fate (there are a few of those)
Van Helsing (cool, but for some reason I can't really get into it)
Din's Curse
Sacred 1 & 2
DarkSpore
Space Hack

All good games that are like Diablo, top-down ARPGs.

think only van helsing is close to D3 in terms of polish..
Reply Quote
http://www.gameguru.in/general/2013/11/games-like-diablo-3/
Reply Quote
I still play D3 though. D1 and D2 are alright Lord of Destruction. Warcraft 1 2 and 3 are ok. World of Warcraft is awesome although I have no money to play it :(.
Edited by GapeRazOr#1615 on 1/19/2015 7:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hands down the best isometric ARPG in existence at the moment is the Median XL Ultimative mod for D2 LOD. By far the best gameplay, best itemization by miles, and plenty of challenges for even the most skilled gamers out there. Plus, it has a kicking community and frequent updates.

Tons of content and a fat learning curve, so if you consider yourself a more casual gamer it might not be for you. If you really liked D2, then you will love this mod. It is the ultimate refinement of the game.
Edited by MunchieMan#1367 on 1/27/2014 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
i would recommend titan quest with the soulvizier mod, it adds quite a few more builds to the vanilla game as well as fixes some bugs, and in addition it adds a few more things to the loot hunt, making it one of the more superior ARPG experiences, the only downside to the game is the combat is a little clunky compared to diablo 3, but i think overall its still very worth checking out
Reply Quote
I'll agree with soulvizier. That game is unplayable without it in my opinion. At least makes it reasonably interesting.
Reply Quote
Grim-Dawn.
Reply Quote
Torchlight 2 and POE are worth trying but aren't better than D3 imo.

Marvel Heroes (F2P) was my ARPG of choice until D3 added the cube. I liked unlocking heroes in the game for whatever reason. Beyond that it doesn't offer a lot. D3 didn't keep me past paragon 420 or so this season. But I may have just been burned out on ARPGs.

Devilian is out now and like marvel heroes it's a F2P MMOARPG. I've only played a few hours but it's worth giving a shot.

Ttitan Quest was a fun single player game by the developers of Grim Dawn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]