Diablo® III

AU/NZ Crypt Run Group & Resources

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Introduction
2. Links
3. Etiquette
4. Roster

1. INTRODUCTION

This thread details the crypt runs organised by the AU/NZ Diablo 3 community and is the culmination of a lot of work and contribution from various forum members in organisting the crypt run activity. I'm just simply the poor sap who's putting it into the one place - lol.

2. LINKS

"Speed will only be of benefit if it doesn't sacrifice the potency of the impact" - Master Mugsy

N.B. - Please be sure to read up and be familiar with how the AU/NZ community is doing crypt runs. There's defined roles to making a successful crypt run... and leecher isn't one of them ;-)

Crypt Run Roles and Process Guide - SO YOU DON'T STUFF UP A RUN
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10433163735?page=7#125

Crypt Channel Instructions - PLEASE READ BEFORE REQUESTING CRYPT CHANNEL
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10638223831

Daily Crypt Channel Thread - To find out who's got access to the crypt channel
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10660725970

Crypt Run - Discussions on crypt runs and how to gear up for an efficient crypt prepper.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10433783369

Crypt Map - Resource to help you find the crypt faster and some additional discussion
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10387709373

3. ETIQUETTE

"Ambition to get to Paragon 100 is divine but having manners means you won't do it alone" - Master Mugsy

A bit of etiquette to those not in the know to help things go smoother:

a) Please do contribute to finding crypts and prepping before the actual run and not just hop from game to game. People are starting to get wind of players jumping from game to game without helping with the initial finding and preparation work. Please do your part so you party doesn't kick you or drop you from future games.

b) Chances are, you won't be reading this if you haven't read most of the above but please read up and know how the crypt run is carried before joining a game. Whilst we're a friendly bunch, having to explain every detail to a newbie after a long days work a few times a week can test one's patience.

c) Always fight as a team and not run off ahead alone. This isn't a race... clear each area together to maximise xp gain from the run and so the whole party can progress efficiently.

d) Feel free to add a crypt runner to your friends list but please understand that we we're not always online to run crypts so please don't bug players for crypt runs unless they've indicated that's what they're up to. (e.g. I'll only run a few nights per week as my schedule allows but I'm on more often than that to tend to the AH).

e) You can tell if there's a spot in a player's party by right clicking on their name in your friends list and seeing if the Request Invite option is blanked out. If so, the party is full so there's no point messaging them for an invite.

f) Generally, crypt runners will broadcast a message ingame (see their 'quote' on the friends list ) or via crypt channel to indicate that they're looking for/prepping a crypt and the MP level of the run. So please only request invites for a crypt run when the someone has found a crypt.

g) If you're joining a crypt run, please take note of the MP level. This isn't a carry. Make sure you can handle that MP level. (but then when we're working as a team, we can often handle another 1-2 MP levels higher than what we can do solo so use that as a guide)

4. ROSTER

"Look elsewhere for sports betting" - Master Mugsy

I've got two lists here: Crypt Preppers and Woods Preppers. By nature of most of us having a 150k+dps character (except for yours truly), most crypt preppers can also prep woods. But crypt preppers also need players to prep the woods if they're prepping crypts, thus why we have a roster for woods preppers too.

Please respond in this forum if you want to be added to the roster and be sure to indicate which roster you want to be put on. If you can prep both the crypt and the woods, just put crypt prepper down.

Crypt Prepper Roster:

YDFWM#6389
Septimus#6445
Defender#1772
Achillies#6279
HeMan#6119
Golm#1839 (Inactive)
jje#1799
wazz#6978
WNxNiteHawk#1300
NickBaldyM#6414 (currently not doing crypts)
Haja#6128
grumf#6671
ftmsh#6446
Poinard#6169
bob778#6122
esdys#2405
azza2k#6472
Cotea#1454
baum#6213
Morpheus#6524
DrEvil#6338
asmodeous#1189
Dunedain1014#1512
Qane#6413
Cex#6397
BlindFury#6451
grogan#6557
xxXepicXxx#6178
gooball#6178
Weegee#6520
Apoptosius#2297 (EU server)
The Presents#6621
Oakover#6193
abend#6917
Permanent#1574
Vernas#1589
Drabz#6447
Chef#6929
Trezo#6442
tanfield420#1653
trOyz #6498
worldwide#1822
GoPies#6811
Deleuzian#1638
Gonney#1991
Ydoajin#1716
Vamphyri#1371
CrasherSLK#6622
morax#1684
Nymphetemine#2469
AlCol007#6380
Valkyrie#1751
Mugsy#6765

Woods Prepper Roster:

IcarusJr#6378
Kalguraz#1693
Jordam619#1448
Masta1080#1765
nzsawarrior#6464
Toxin#1603
AlainMartin#6468

----------------------------------------------------

I think that ought to cover most things. Happy crypt runs everyone!

"Lets Kill $h!t!" - YDFWM, the originatory of the Crypt Channel
Edited by Mugsy#6765 on 3/5/2014 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
CPR
Golm#1839
Reply Quote
jje#1799
Reply Quote
built a prepper too so i can help the team when needed. makes prepping other areas easier too
still learning how to do like the you guys, but im getting there (only tried solo so i dont gimp the team XP)

wazz#6978

edit
just geared up my monk for TR prepping too for when im solo. dropped the DPS down to 30k and 100k HP :P its much cheaper gearing a tank
Edited by WAZZ#6978 on 11/4/2013 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
WNxNiteHawk#1300

I have an alt account to hold game as well :)
Reply Quote
Wow Mugsy,

You have put a lot of effort into this.

Ok so, when I am on you will see my in game message "AU/NZ crypt channel open", that being said others on the list can also do the same.

If you want to join just ping me or any one else who volunteers to host for the evening. I don't really mind if non AU/NZ players join as we all have friends from others time zones.

All my games are MP10 for maximum XP. Others may choose to do lower.

The theme is to have fun and makes some new friends

Please understand also that we all like our times in game to do whatever so respect each players privacy. DO NOT invite others unless they contact you in game and request to join.

NB I do a lot of Uber carries and at times may need to leave a run, for that I apologise in advance.

See you all in game and as I always say "I just love to kill $hit"

Cheers
Reply Quote
Nice work on this Mugsy...

Add me as a crypt prepper - I will gear my barb into a SnB similar to YD & Septimus's...

NickBaldyM#6414

Let the XP begin
Edited by NickBaldyM#6414 on 11/4/2013 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Haja#6128

I put some gear on my barb to prep fields/crypt/hollow, whatever.

As a matte rof interest to others, got all my gear on Boris to make him a prepper for 1m gold, so its cheap and easy to do :)
Reply Quote
This is good Mugsy you put it all together here. That crypt should be used to max till it last.

I like the last bit of the run when we walk out through the door to the FoM and... yeah, baby! Feel like a pop group of 4 comes out to a stage and greeted by fans :)

Desolate Sands would be another place to prep, what I can think off. Imagine full screen of vile swarms, lacunies jumping on you and imps running around! I might try it tonight.
Reply Quote
after using both my TR monk setup and S&B twirly barb, i must say i find it easier with the TR monk. prepping some decent crypts now.
am noticing the bars arent moving as quickly now though :P
Reply Quote
Thanks for that Mugsy, great job. As a side note, while 1 preps crypt, another can prep weeping and bring mob to the town gate for some really great xp, last two prep woods elites.

Run can then include crypt, outside door for mob, portal to town and exit through back gate into weeping for a big prepped mob. Sweet.
Reply Quote
I would say the best prep is :

1. Prep the Crypt (duh)
2. Preps Elites in Festering (tries to take at least 1 eleite to the entrance of the Crypt there
3. Preps Wepping, taking them to the entrance near the town
4. Preps Fields, taking them to the entrance of the Crypt

Nothing new, just a good way of doing it, getting max XP.hour on these runs.
A large crowd in 3&4 can bring ALOT of XP. I would hazard a guess to say if done correctly, it could be close to the actual crypt run.
Reply Quote
Add me grumf#6671

Have TR gear for my monk.

Usually run crypts & weeping hollows.

Ran a ~60 million XP run last night solo as no-one was interested :(
Edited by grumf#6671 on 11/4/2013 5:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi All,

feel free to add me: ftmsh#6446

Happy to prep crypts (MP10)
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 01:32 PMPosted by YDFWM
You have put a lot of effort into this.

As Thomas Edison once said, "If I have seen more than others, it's because I have stood on the shoulders of giants." ;-)

I just consolidated everyone's hard work and contribution into the one area... nothing more. (seems to be a common thing I do in gaming... the other game I play "C&C Tiberium Alliances" I'm a commander organising other players around the map, and I ask lots of noob Qs there as well - lol)

11/04/2013 01:32 PMPosted by YDFWM
Please understand also that we all like our times in game to do whatever so respect each players privacy.

It should also be noted that some of us are away from keyboard while the game is running and don't always remember to set the status to busy or AFK. I know I've had one or two people contact me a few times while I've been away and the game was up still or minimised and found them offline by the time I come back (I can walk off for a few hours sometimes). I don't ignore people so apologies to those I don't get back to but I figure this is a good place to set expectations about people's availability so no one gets offended.

But with a large base of crypt preppers, it should be easier to get into a crypt run instead of having to rely on one or two players.

11/04/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Defender
That crypt should be used to max till it last.

Definitely! I feel that Blizzard will change things around come RoS (loot runs/nephalem rifts may yield higher xp???) and we all want more paragon points so lets use this to our advantage while we can.

like the last bit of the run when we walk out through the door to the FoM and... yeah, baby! Feel like a pop group of 4 comes out to a stage and greeted by fans :)

Just as long as we're the NKOTB or NSync of Sanctuary... and not the Diablo equivalent of One Dimension.

Desolate Sands would be another place to prep, what I can think off. Imagine full screen of vile swarms, lacunies jumping on you and imps running around! I might try it tonight

Yeah, I thought about what can be done in Acts 2, 3 and 4... I just can't think of any monsters of the same caliber as the wretched mothers which is what makes the crypt run work. I'd still love to see a viable xp run in Desolate Sands... love that area.

Run can then include crypt, outside door for mob, portal to town and exit through back gate into weeping for a big prepped mob. Sweet

That run we did last night did yield quite a lot of xp didn't it? Weeping Hollows (with all its wretched mothers) is definitely a must on any crypt run for me now. Got two paragon levels last night.

11/04/2013 05:51 PMPosted by grumf
Ran a ~60 million XP run last night solo as no-one was interested :(

Hopefully your friends list will now expand and provide for a few more interested players to join :-)

Come to think of it, I need to add many of you guys - lol

My bro: JimDiddy, will be adding you guys in due course - he wasn't finding solo crypt runs to be all that fun so I told him to start looking at the players in this list. Of course, he's getting Battlefield 4 tonight so might be busy with that.
Reply Quote
Hey Mugsy, good work on putting this together.
Can you please add me to the Preppers list?

Got my 10k dps Septi-Crypt barb working well last night:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Poinard-6169/hero/30232620

Already had most of the gear and spent 5 mil on the rest, best tips for gearing are stack LOH, (thanks YD) and keep your CC high enough to keep up permawrath for the movespeed.
Did a single run after I finished gearing her and got 98M xp from a single run, crypt & fom only.
Reply Quote
I actually think stacking Attack Speed is better than CC, as it works better with LOH. I am running in the high 2's APS on my barb and have no problem staying alive :)

CC & attack speed would be best though, just more costly, and ups the dps (first time in my life I wanted LOW fpd!)
Reply Quote
after using both my TR monk setup and S&B twirly barb, i must say i find it easier with the TR monk. prepping some decent crypts now.
am noticing the bars arent moving as quickly now though :P

Whilst it still amazes me that a build such as the Double WW Barb exists, I never enjoyed the way they had to be played... TR monk was the only logical choice for a crypt prepper for me (esp since I had one to modify)... hold down the TR skill button and occasionally hit serenity, BoH, Healing Mantra or Earth Mystic Ally (who I call Dusty), the later for the 10% life bonus.
Reply Quote
bob778#6122

use a TR monk for prepping before swapping to one of my other toons
Reply Quote
some run now?

pls add esdys#2405

very thx
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]