Diablo® III

AU/NZ Crypt Run Group & Resources

Some runs produce more than others, not all are EPIC. I think it depends on how many Mothers there are in each crypt.
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 02:28 PMPosted by abend
A quick observation on barb vs monk preppers: My preference is for barb now. One of the reasons being that TR will slow enemies and make it harder to pull mobs together. I find this tends to negate the greater speed TR monk has (with Fleet Footed) over zerker barb. Any thoughts?

Abend, I use a hybrid/ bitsa barb for prepping and can do this this fairly quick. Have not tried a TR monk however whatever gets the crypt prepped in reasonable time either is ok with me.

You should only run through the crypt 5-7 times as doing more waists time imo which can be used for doing the run and getting the next one ready.

PS Will ding my second Paragon 100 Monk tonight having dinner with Magda's flies.
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 02:28 PMPosted by abend
A quick observation on barb vs monk preppers: My preference is for barb now. One of the reasons being that TR will slow enemies and make it harder to pull mobs together. I find this tends to negate the greater speed TR monk has (with Fleet Footed) over zerker barb. Any thoughts?

I agree, though maybe it's because I'm more familiar with barb. With a monk, I run out of spirit, but with a barb, I can sustain ww/sprint all the way through.
Reply Quote
I actually got an achievement for max fury for 5mins prepping the crypt last night

With the right gear and passives, its actually impossible to run out of spirit while TRing. I have around 17sps and TR costs less
Reply Quote
TR prepping is certainly easier in my view. Pretty easy to setup infinite TR, and no need to worry about running out of spirit. Mobility is excellent and is really good at rounding up mobs in FOM also. You don't actually need any LOH or LS if you stack enough mitigation, as you can pretty much outrun everything while prepping or rounding. Because of the snare/knockback effect of TR, even massive hordes of zombies can't touch you as you zip through them. The mitigation is mainly for elites, charging bulls, and tree poisons. I just have serenity on my bar to break free from the annoying ghosts that jail you as they just follow you all around the crypt map. It's more for uninterrupted prepping than for survival.
That's not to take anything away from barbs, as I know some of the best preppers use barb, and they do better preps than me. I just find (for me anyway), it's a lot easier to setup and execute a TR prepper.
Edited by BlindFury#6451 on 11/14/2013 5:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Interesting feedback all round. I need to try a few of the TR tips that have been provided here, especially the travelling distance before tracking back and using Inner Sanc. The thing about barb is that you don't need to worry about these things because there are no adverse crowd control effects on the barb skills I use and WotB grants me CC immunity. This is what makes prepping with a barb easier compared to prepping with a monk. BTW, I have both DS and Serenity in my skill bar for escaping CC, but I'll try Inner Sanc as that should help me escape annoying elites permanently in crypts. See y'all in game!
Reply Quote
Every time I see this thread, that song pops into my head...... "Here comes the Crypt prepper....."

Damn you Nicky!!!!

See you all online :)
Reply Quote
LOL - mission complete... this message will destruct in 5 seconds....
Reply Quote
Btw, my list is somehow full so can't accept any requests atm til I do a clean out
Reply Quote
I prep w/ barb, get mum's to spew twice then move to next bunch
Then go back and get 1 or 2 more spews out of them.
Think i may be a little thorough.
the e's are always prepped by the time i port out.
Reply Quote
@Mugsy please add me as a prepper. Ty.
Reply Quote
Oh yea, I can prep too.

I have a TR monk on hand for that, then rock on with a CS monk for the killing! :D
See the sea of zombies I make in the Weeping area! ;)
Reply Quote
Have you guys found the same thing ???

When doing the prepping with my usual freinds we've been doing the crypt prep as

1) 1 person DPS'ing in Woods
2) 1 person rounding up FOM
3) 2 people aggroing the mothers in crypt

We've found that 1 person is all that you need to quickly DPS woods (even me with my DH) and is done around the same time as FOM is prepped. And the 2 people doing Crypt's can get it very dense very quickly, much quicker than 1 person.

Doing it this way with just a Ruby in your helm we've been getting consistant 80mil XP runs for not a whole lot of time put in.

Im just curious to see if any of you doing it differently and getting better results IE more XP.
Reply Quote
@2 in crypt is nice. means you can do a thorough job without people waiting in town
for you to surface.
Fom is fairly quick so they can usually go help in fest as well.

On another note

My Barb PetervanPrus can run the whole of FoM and then do full crypt prep,
I'm disappointed if i lose WotB.
Bash is in skill set but i rarely have to use.
I think AS helps, dagger and AS on all slots if possible.
AS , chc , vit, allres and LoH are the 5 to aim for.
Reply Quote
Have you guys found the same thing ???

When doing the prepping with my usual freinds we've been doing the crypt prep as

1) 1 person DPS'ing in Woods
2) 1 person rounding up FOM
3) 2 people aggroing the mothers in crypt

We've found that 1 person is all that you need to quickly DPS woods (even me with my DH) and is done around the same time as FOM is prepped. And the 2 people doing Crypt's can get it very dense very quickly, much quicker than 1 person.

Doing it this way with just a Ruby in your helm we've been getting consistant 80mil XP runs for not a whole lot of time put in.

Im just curious to see if any of you doing it differently and getting better results IE more XP.

Yes I agree bob. But doing it this way depends on having a good group with you all the time. If you play with the same people regularly, it is really effective, and two people prepping the crypt always takes a load of my shoulders.
Reply Quote
two in crypt makes sense to me too - seems that a dps'er can do woods easily enough - just means that woods runners skip white trash and soften elites 1st - then clean up the white trash if preppers are still running...

appologies to Cex, BlindFury & MonkeyMagic - bad lag and a ISP related disconnect (didn't resolve itself until Sunday) resulted in me dropping out of a run on Friday night just after getting stacks and 1/3 of crypt.
Reply Quote
@Bob, exactly

Also in FoM getting mobs to the bridge instead of the crypt entrance saves time if group can't handle high dencity with trees. Dead = no dps, wasted time.
Reply Quote
Guys and Gals,

The best way for xp runs in the crypt is a 5-6 man team. Four players run the crypt as discussed while the 5th (6th) gets a new crypt ready for next run. This way it minimises the delay between runs provided all you do is the crypt.

If done right you can continuously run the crypt on a round robin basis. I did this not long ago and it works a treat. Just need the team to dedicate and hour or two to make it viable.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 03:37 PMPosted by YDFWM
If done right you can continuously run the crypt on a round robin basis. I did this not long ago and it works a treat. Just need the team to dedicate and hour or two to make it viable

Invite pls :)
Reply Quote
appologies to Cex, BlindFury & MonkeyMagic - bad lag and a ISP related disconnect (didn't resolve itself until Sunday) resulted in me dropping out of a run on Friday night just after getting stacks and 1/3 of crypt.

No worries mate, it was great to run with you guys, much more fun than running solo :)
Blizzard get us some Aussie server pleaseeeeee!
Edited by Cex#6397 on 11/17/2013 5:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]