Diablo® III

Best meteor build for crypt runs?

Hello, I'm new to using the wizard. After reading about several builds and testing cm/ww and archon, I've decided to go meteor.

I was wondering what is the best meteor build for crypt runs according to you guys? and what are the optimal requirements regarding chc, chd, aps and apoc that go with that build?

Thank you very much,

Lorena.
Reply Quote
I have an introductory Meteor Guide here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10357946014?page=1 . Since you seem to be more inclined for thrashing mobs, I think you're looking at a Molten Impact or Meteor Shower build where damage is more front-loaded. I'd try to aim for 50-55+%cc, 20-30APoC, and 1.7-2.73aps (depending on how much you want to rely on CM for faster cooldowns). Meteor Reduction on a source can be helpful.
Reply Quote
Hi, thanks for the advice :)
Reply Quote
SNP: Molten. By Far.

Come at me Tekk :> lolllllllllll
Reply Quote

Meteor shower says otherwise... just about the only levels shower outdoes molten in is hollow and FOM crypt due to densities involved.
Reply Quote
Especially if you're Dolynick who runs a crazy high DPS MS with Electrify... even in a full four player game, my Liquefy at 188k DPS was essentially doing nothing compared to him :s
Reply Quote
Harrowing

Meteor shower says otherwise... just about the only levels shower outdoes molten in is hollow and FOM crypt due to densities involved.

In a vacuum, yes.

In Australia, no.....whats your ping bro? :>
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 11/3/2013 6:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I ran this last night on my new wizzy and it seemed to be pretty effective.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VQhXPT!egW!YZccac

I felt like I was pulling my weight. We did have a standard SNS there to freeze plus 2 archons to benefit from the conflag.
Reply Quote
Harrowing

In a vacuum, yes.

Molten has the advantage of not being quite so hard on the server when spammed into a crowd. They will both lock things up with enough density (so will EB and DS for that matter) but Meteor Shower puts more demand on the server in exchange for a little more damage overall. Both strong choices.

11/03/2013 06:35 PMPosted by MrDuMa
Especially if you're Dolynick who runs a crazy high DPS MS with Electrify... even in a full four player game, my Liquefy at 188k DPS was essentially doing nothing compared to him :s

Lol. Don't sell yourself short. It didn't feel like I was massively out DPS'ing any of you during that game - or at least not from a kill speed perspective. I was carpet bombing the entire screen though, so my DPS was more spread out.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
Yep, after much testing I decided to use molten for the reasons stated.

Thanks for all the advice ;)
Reply Quote
In a vacuum, yes.

Averages between 86 and 114, That and a very recently built gaming rig helps tremendously. Yes it (shower) can cause frame lag. but not more than any other High aps spammable builds. I.e. if you have issues with shower you would actually have issues with any other high aps build when taking on a large grouping.

Molten has the advantage of not being quite so hard on the server when spammed into a crowd. They will both lock things up with enough density (so will EB and DS for that matter) but Meteor Shower puts more demand on the server in exchange for a little more damage overall. Both strong choices.

See not many actually have played a ton with meteor shower to fully understand its strengths one of them being you can Activate all those mothers that spawn without killing them instantly. Plus with enough apoc and reduction you can fill the screen and spread out your total damage even more. Meteor showers biggest advantages is aoe, effective lure at range, and most importantly best dps scale for lots of trash. This is precisely the reason that meteor shower should be considered when doing the Manor>Festering>Hollow>Fom>prepped crypt runs. Meteor shower fills its niche roll very well.

I would love the chance at showing anyone interested the merits of Meteor shower. And finally Things aren't a vacuum and as such for me at least meteor shower loses out at sustained dps on singles which is why it isn't the best skill choice at mp 10.
Edited by Harrowing#1449 on 11/6/2013 12:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Best meteor build threads are the new red vs green.
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Harrowing
Averages between 86 and 114

Mine are 250-2,000ms.

Yesterday, Tekk used shower in the crypt and my computer froze. Meteor Shower just isnt enjoyable for Aussies :<
Reply Quote
11/07/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Ryoka
Averages between 86 and 114

Mine are 250-2,000ms.

Yesterday, Tekk used shower in the crypt and my computer froze. Meteor Shower just isnt enjoyable for Aussies :<
Hahaha, but it wasn't just you. I haven't played a game in awhile that was as bad as when we last played. It was lots of XP and fun to play with you, but darn I couldn't do anything except die regularly. I was regularly hitting 3-5fps and 500-2000ms latency spikes!. :lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]