Diablo® III

Fracture Vs Safe Passage

Hello fellow Wizzies!

As a CM wiz, I recently decided I didn't need to run Magic Weapon anymore, and lovely teleport came back on my skill list. I missed it so much.

Now, super wizards all go wormhole, but I need my teleport to be defense-oriented. My offense is okay but I die a little too much without a defensive teleport or Slow time (which i sometimes use as an alternative like when running ubers rather than farming).

So my main question is, which do you feel is the better defensive teleport? CM allows me to really keep up that magic extra 30% mitigation up almost all the time when I need too, and it's really great. But decoys can help alot as well depending what you're facing.

So if it came down to making a choice between defensive teleports, which would be your favorite?
Reply Quote
safe passage.

because as a cm wiz, i want them to be aiming me and they'll step into my windups
Reply Quote
Safe passage helps you tank elite affixes and that alone already makes it the preferred choice for me, because elites are the things that kill you most of the time.
Reply Quote
I like the graphics of fracture better. Duplicates look rather neato.

I like everything else about Safe Passage better. DR, no scattering of elites.
Reply Quote
Fracture is always my choice.

For defense orientation, even though safe passage reduces the amt of damage you receive after, I find fracture with 2 dupes does a better job in keeping me alive. 1/3 critters targetting beats all critters targetting for less dps in my book.
Reply Quote
Fracture is always my choice.

For defense orientation, even though safe passage reduces the amt of damage you receive after, I find fracture with 2 dupes does a better job in keeping me alive. 1/3 critters targetting beats all critters targetting for less dps in my book.

Pretty much what I said a few months ago when I was asked the same question for the ultra budget guide:

08/09/2013 08:02 PMPosted by MrDuMa
I still stick by Fracture as the go to rune for budget builds. Having two tanks to take two full hits is better than having those two (or even one hit) at 30% damage reduction. Of course teleporting to a bad location won't save you from anything.
Reply Quote
I preffer fracture for the possibility of completely avoiding damage, as oposed to being hit for less.
Only if you had something to gain from being hit ( like ice armor with increased armor on being hit) would i pick safe passage.
Reply Quote
Safe passage is better imo. Fracture does nothing against elite affixes like ground effects and reflect. Also call me crazy but sometimes the mobs just completely ignore your duplicates and go straight at you!
Reply Quote
I used to Fracture+Mimics in the aerly days = pretty awesome defense

I tend to run safe passage now though
Reply Quote
Interesting, it seems there is no concensus. Which validates the fact I've been switching between the two every other day :D
Reply Quote
They have very different uses.

Fracture is for keeping enemies from chasing and attacking you. It tends to scatter mobs and is a good semi-escape mechanism. It is better for builds that want the enemies to be farther away from your Wizard.

Safe Passage is for positioning and damage reduction, for just tanking through whatever is being thrown at you. It makes sure the mobs don't lose focus on you, and is much better for builds that want the enemies to group up around you.
Reply Quote
Teleport-Wormhole is the best.
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 02:41 PMPosted by Chunk
Teleport-Wormhole is the best.

If you have the mitigation/ehp yes. Not in your case with 3k armor and 34k life...
Unless you want to wormhole around mp5 and lower....
Reply Quote
Safe passage.

Protects you against RD/ arcane/ descacrate/ everything.

Fracture has a chance to save you from a 2 less hits.

Do you die more from elite affixes or attacks ?
Reply Quote
C'mon, fracture is WAY better in the Trolloport build. Though still possibly second to Calamity.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bQXdkO!ghd!cYaYZY
Reply Quote
View profile
I suppose for certain applications fracture is better but safe passage works against everything so it's superior in my opinion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]