Diablo® III

Crypt Runs

11/03/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Ryoka
You're like the Stifler's Mom of the D3 world! lol

That means Griz = Stifler LOLOLOLOL
Reply Quote
What is the pattern of those mothers vomitting?

I saw 3, 3(some time 2), 2 and then 1 if I hang around them. But if I leave their areas and come back later, they can spawn 3 again but really long between spawn after that. They only spawn if you stay near them long enough for them to spawn. I have tried to go fast with my dashing strike and it seem that only some mothers will spawn.

Can all the preppers keep an eye on it please? It's no use spending so much time hanging around for those that only spawns 1.

You are spot on Hawk.That is the pattern, very observant of you. They will usually spawn twice for three each time, then twice for 2, then 1. After the first few spawns, they need a break so this is what I do.

I twirl around a concentrated spot until the two triple spawns are finished, then go to short distance away and do the same again, and repeat. When a reasonable amount of area has been done in this manner, I go back to the first area and twirl through them again and back to the last bit of the prepped area. Then I move onto a new area and repeat.

When all the areas have been done in this manner, I go down to second level and prep there. Then I spin back up to the beginning of the crypt doorway and take one last spin through the whole thing and back down to second level for more spawns.

That is why it takes about 15 minutes or so for a good prep.But when you have people waiting for you outside, I tend to get a bit lax with the prepping as I just KNOW that they are getting impatient with me lol.

Just as a guide for anyone who has not done this run before, it is also most important that the party sticks together. Best to choose a party leader who puts his banner in as a guide to the others.

I think it should be noted also that if one member of the party dies, the others should try to pull back from the mob until the one that died can rejoin (I know that is not always possible). Often the mobs are HUGE and only take a few seconds to kill, so the party member who died misses out on a lot of xp.

It would be great if we could get a list going, of people who wish to do the crypt runs and are MP10 capable.
Edited by Septimus#6445 on 11/3/2013 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
I still cant believe you're 60+.

You're like the Stifler's Mom of the D3 world! lol

Haha, Thank you thank you. I am only 60+ on the outside, inside I'm still a babe. When you see me pushing a Zimmer Frame around the crypts, you will know it's time I retired from gaming lol.
Reply Quote
I agree with stifflers mum. The party keeping together is a must.
Also, dont join an mp10 crypt run if you cant solo mp10. It makes prepping the woods and other areas a pain. Sept and I had a 60k dps monk join us yesterday from the channel. Died at least 10 times and spent ages in town selling loot. I only pick up beams and jewelery, and the odd weapon.
Im more than happy to help new players, but not in a crypt run when you're aiming for max xp/hr.
I know its none of the regular posters, just venting
Reply Quote
LOL - I did a woods prep on Friday night and I swear every E had reflect and poison pool / electric effect... not great for my WD... x marked the spot (prob 5 or 6 times). Most runs are zero deaths tho.

I only go to town at the end of the run - but OCD makes it hard not to pickup pants, rings, ammys,most 1H fits all weapons, bracers, gloves, gems and tombs... end up lagging a bit if fields are done - cause I have to get selective on what to keep

Appologies to any impacted members :)
Reply Quote
I still cant believe you're 60+.You're like the Stifler's Mom of the D3 world! lol

How does that make Grizz feel lol

Long live Septimus
Edited by YDFWM#6389 on 11/3/2013 5:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 04:40 PMPosted by WAZZ
Also, dont join an mp10 crypt run if you cant solo mp10

My female Barb has 30k DPS :(
Reply Quote
M.ILF
Haha, Thank you thank you. I am only 60+ on the outside, inside I'm still a babe. When you see me pushing a Zimmer Frame around the crypts, you will know it's time I retired from gaming lol.

From this day forth, you shall be known as M.ILF.

Griz will be referred to as Stifler. Thats what Griz gets for rolling a ridiculous Hellfire Ring and then STOPS playing the game :>

PS, wow.... M.ILF is censored?!?!!?
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 11/3/2013 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
M.ILF

From this day forth, you shall be known as M.ILF.

Griz will be referred to as Stifler. Thats what Griz gets for rolling a ridiculous Hellfire Ring and then STOPS playing the game :>

PS, wow.... M.ILF is censored?!?!!?

So she's is now the Moro Islamic Liberation Front? lol
Reply Quote
Septimus, from now on I will open a Crypt channel for AU/NZ regulars. And add you only if you want in. Will leave in game note so others know its running.

The best way to get maximum xp is have 5 team parties using round robin type of play

One member preps the crypt then invites a second to prep elites in woods. Once that has been done then invite two more.

The fifth player then goes and finds new game for crypt and prep the crypt as well. When the group finishes that run, three join the game that's just been prepped and the 4th goes and finds new game, rinse and repeat

Each game should take 15-20 minutes once first game is ready. That's give the crypt prepper plenty of time to make it super juicy for max xp.

In 2hrs you can level very fast using this method
Reply Quote
When prepping crypt I've noticed higher mobs density if there are full party in game compare to solo. Is it true or just me dreaming?
Reply Quote
Septimus, from now on I will open a Crypt channel for AU/NZ regulars. And add you only if you want in. Will leave in game note so others know its running.

The best way to get maximum xp is have 5 team parties using round robin type of play

One member preps the crypt then invites a second to prep elites in woods. Once that has been done then invite two more.

The fifth player then goes and finds new game for crypt and prep the crypt as well. When the group finishes that run, three join the game that's just been prepped and the 4th goes and finds new game, rinse and repeat

Each game should take 15-20 minutes once first game is ready. That's give the crypt prepper plenty of time to make it super juicy for max xp.

In 2hrs you can level very fast using this method

That sounds cool YD. And it is one of the reasons I would like to have a list of all interested MP10 capable people, so we can start our own crypt channel. Also the woods prep is a good idea. I'm game to try it.

Wazz, you do know that you can use one of your mules to prep crypts. Mine is a mule and she runs with an inventory full of goods that I just can't bare to salvage.

Ryoka, Grizz is taking a break for a while, he'll be back later so you can ask him yourself what he thinks about your comment lol. Me, well being of the old school, I don't even know what your abbreviation means, and I certainly wouldn't google it (chuckle).

Nick, plz don't apologise for anything, I too am a bit of a hoarder. I find loot on the ground imminently tempting. You're great fun to play with, (and I don't mean it like Ryoka means it).
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Septimus
You're great fun to play with, (and I don't mean it like Ryoka means it).

Lucky you clarified that - Ryoka would have talked that up!

Fits right into the acronym that you will not be googling
Edited by NickBaldyM#6414 on 11/3/2013 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Also, dont join an mp10 crypt run if you cant solo mp10

My female Barb has 30k DPS :(

Yea but your barb would be harder to kill than my monk

Stifflers mum, my mules are HC mules. My stash is near full with gear and mats.
And yea, please dont Google it

I always go back to town with a full inventory, but I will not head back in the middle of the run. Mats and gems are my weakness. They slow me down sifting through all tge trash to pick up
Edited by WAZZ#6978 on 11/3/2013 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Septimus
You're great fun to play with, (and I don't mean it like Ryoka means it).

What?!

So I crossed the line?!?

I didnt write all 6 pages of acronym names myself :>

PS, you should add me Sept. I'll wheel you around in your wheelchair :> What? So I'm an ageist too now????? :>
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 11/3/2013 8:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
LOL, Ryoka! A woman and age should never bee spoken/written in a comment, its taboo!

Your lucky Sep is a good sport.

I'm up for some crypt runs tonight too.
Reply Quote
I'm keen for mp10 crypt runs, from Wellington NZ. Play a cyclone pull Monk with high eHP and pretty good DPS. Can tempest rush crypt/herd fields/or prep woods elites.
Cheers
HeMan#6119
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 07:33 AMPosted by Septimus
I'm not sure if you were tickling them or stroking them. They seem to respond quite well to a tickle or two, or three, or even four. Very occasionally five, but don't spoil them.

11/03/2013 06:54 PMPosted by Defender
When prepping crypt I've noticed higher mobs density if there are full party in game compare to solo. Is it true or just me dreaming?

Thinking back, in the game I prepped last night with YD and two others (sorry guys for forgetting your names), I could have sworn that I had a denser mob but when we ran it, there were less monsters.

Dunno if the guys just hacked through the mobs while I was busy picking stuff up or if the density reduces over time as well (it was a full 30min before YD and crew were free... I ironed 3 pants and 3 business shirts in that time - lol).

I'll pay attention to the density if I prep with others in game.
Reply Quote
Great idea on the ANZ conversation YD please add me in:-)
I am going to gear one of my mules as a Septi-crypt Barb special too, I have been swapping out my weapons to prep but can still only do 2 passes without killing too much. Generally though on the killing run I can loop ahead and back to trigger the third spawns also this pulls mobs into the killing zone.

I find that the density is about the same solo or in group, usually find one big pack in the crypts but sometimes 2, typically in the larger map areas.
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 02:28 AMPosted by Poinard
Great idea on the ANZ conversation

Poinard see this thread.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10433163735
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]