Diablo® III

Crypt Runs

im starting my own "do not play with list" :Phad a couple of guys join my game from the channel, run ahead of the group killing decent size mobs multiple screens ahead. call them back to group and they ignore. i dont care if u need to keep WOTB up, it can be done without being a douche.

Yeah Wazz, there is a few that spoil for the rest, not to mention some of the vitriol that gets verballed. I have to say though it is not the AU/NZ ones I have had problems with.

Also there are some that just perma-leech and don't contribute to the runs at all. They spruke how good they are then when the run finished move on to next prepped game without any thanks.

I always try to get peeps from the AU/NZ channel 1st before others get an invite.

All that being said I am still having fun and enjoy seeing others hit there 1st toon to a 100. Nick you almost there. Shout you uber run when you on 99. It's so much fun hitting a 100 bashing Magda.

So far the participation has been awesome.
Edited by YDFWM#6389 on 11/9/2013 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
That's an annoying experience to go through for a prepper.

I try to keep to one new friend at most in each game (and the rest familiars) if possible just to see how things pan out... I don't play often enough to have encountered the leechers as yet but can understand everyone's frustration. Occasionally, some may move a bit faster than me but then I'm slow anyway and they're not that far that once Teleport cools down that I can't catch up.

Having one newbie also means that there's 3 players who can guide the newcomer as the odd one... just won't have read up as to how a crypt run is actually run... and I'm a horribly slow typer in game - lol

11/09/2013 09:35 PMPosted by YDFWM
All that being said I am still having fun and enjoy seeing others hit there 1st toon to a 100.

I'm still 58.5 paragon levels till 100... gotta get on more often - lol

Actually, part of me isn't all that keen to max out my CM Wiz.... I'll need to build another MP10 capable toon then - lol. I must admit that I like Paragon 2.0 making paragon levels account wide and unlimited levels... I can just continue to use my CM Wiz assuming they don't break the build. But, from today's D3 panel discussion, it sounds like the CM Wiz might just survive... it's only classes that depend on life steal to work that's hit hardest.
Edited by Mugsy#6765 on 11/9/2013 10:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Since ive been playing with the AUS/NZ crew ive never had any problems. All the people from this group are good players and are fun and decent to have in your group. Iv'e had a couple of leechers so far who havn't done any prep work in woods, fom or crypt, it's annoying to have free-loaders around like that :(

On a side note (NOOB QUESTION) how can i easily swap between crypt chat and party chat ??? As after i post on crypt chat to get back onto party chat i enter into general chat then leave general chat to get back into party chat.

This seems to be a bit backwards to me and there should be an easier way.
Reply Quote
i saw 1 guy post in hte channel saying "crypt found. looking for prepper"

without sounding rude, you dont find a crypt then expect someone to do the prepping for you so you can reek (is that even the right word here :P) all the benefits.
just my opinion ofc.

It's actually reap there Wazz :) As in Reaper of souls :P

I may hop on a bit later tonight...my arm is killing me. In 3 days I have gotten one toon from 5 to 24 and another from 24 to 48 now I think....I need to lay off the Crypt pipe.
Reply Quote
Since ive been playing with the AUS/NZ crew ive never had any problems. All the people from this group are good players and are fun and decent to have in your group. Iv'e had a couple of leechers so far who havn't done any prep work in woods, fom or crypt, it's annoying to have free-loaders around like that :(

On a side note (NOOB QUESTION) how can i easily swap between crypt chat and party chat ??? As after i post on crypt chat to get back onto party chat i enter into general chat then leave general chat to get back into party chat.

This seems to be a bit backwards to me and there should be an easier way.

Usually our Crypt chat will either be like a 1 or a 2 or something. (It is for me at least as I don't use any of the general or trade chats) Party chat is always /p .

So use the command /p for party and /1 (or whatever, pay attention when you get added to the channel for what number it'll be) and use those commands to flip back and forth. You'll stay in the channel you last talked in.
Edited by Dunedain1014#1512 on 11/9/2013 10:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

Yeah Wazz, there is a few that spoil for the rest, not to mention some of the vitriol that gets verballed. I have to say though it is not the AU/NZ ones I have had problems with.

yea i was in game with someone today, and he kept going on and on about Magdha needing a good axe up her behind. was rather inappropriate :P

edit: my quote editing failed. that original quote was from YD
Edited by WAZZ#6978 on 11/9/2013 11:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Dunedain1014

Thanks for explaining that for me :D I feel like slapping myself for it being so simple LOL
Reply Quote
hey fellow Aussies,

been brought to my attention that we are only running MP10 games, obviously that is for max XP.
if you are a player who cant do these high MP games, and dont wanna feel like a leecher then add me and ill see what we can work out. I'm more than happy to help anyone out there with that long grind to P100.
Reply Quote
im starting my own "do not play with list" :P
had a couple of guys join my game from the channel, run ahead of the group killing decent size mobs multiple screens ahead. call them back to group and they ignore. i dont care if u need to keep WOTB up, it can be done without being a douche.

not intended for any of you kids, i know you guys have crypt manners :P

I find that quite a few WOTB are a PAIN to play with. They run from pack to pack leaving the dregs for other players. I play the game to enjoy it, and to me it feels like I am picking up after young children in the game. I typically leave or vote to kick them as why play in a team that isn't.

I have challenged some of them why they run ahead and the typical response ''because I am so awesome" well if you are awesome then leave NOTHING in your wake!
Reply Quote
Yes, the monsters left behind and the running ahead of the party are really annoying. I would also like to bring to attention the AFK er.

If you have to go AFK for a toilet break or a drink run, that's perfectly fine, but let's leave it at that huh. Players want to get out and kill monsters, they don't want to have to wait for someone who's AFK doing whatever. I got a little upset in game tonight, which is very unusual for me, and for this I apologise, but having been left waiting by this same player on a previous occasion, for 15 minutes until the game finally disconnected him, I just blew.

If real life calls guys, just leave the game so we can get someone else to fill the spot and start killing.
Reply Quote
The only heros i like running with is WD. Always a fun run with septimus cause i am a zero monk and enjoying it have to keep in mind though got to let septimus set the bats first then i pull instead of pullling it away from her i usually forget sometimes and is a easy fix i just run to where the WD is and pull fun time. but is true barb is the worst to play with,but Dunedain and gooball is a blast to play with when they use barb
Reply Quote
When I use my barb I use bash that generates extra wrath. I dump wrath by hit thing sprint even though I am not moving. This is not the best for me as I could run ahead but I do it to stay with other players. It is a team game. It is most of the time just enough to keep in WOTB.
Reply Quote
Thanks Tswift :)

So others know, I don't play the typical WoTB build Barb. I play a wrenching smash build for precisely this reason while in a group. You can swap out Brawler for Bloodthirst for increased survivability if you need to.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhYcRk!ZYg!ZaZZYc

Yeah, I lose a ton of DPS, but even in this build I can hit over 300k dps. The main thing about the build though is to make sure I can semi pull, but more importantly, stun for a few seconds. Comes in awfully handy with those huge hordes and lag and if you're low on health it can give you that time to heal up and not die. :)

The build also works very well with a pull monk. Monk pulls, then I hit my smash. Monk isn't getting beat on, DPS can fire away, and generally speaking, stuff never lives to see the end of my stun.
Reply Quote
Just a note for the barb players, for someone who has played my barb more hours than I am willing to admit, the best party play for a Barb is using HOTA/thunderstrike. Monsters just stay stunned while you smash and bash them. Fear is mitigated if using a EF and with a cold SOJ it literally stops them from moving.

You can permawrath just as easy and all the team benefit. If you want to see this in action let me know.

Happy levelling.
Reply Quote
When I play my WW barb, I run ahead in the crypt to agro mobs and pull them toward the group. This is pretty effective I think and keeps wotb up.

If I do anything that annoys people in game, please say so :)
Reply Quote
11/09/2013 09:35 PMPosted by YDFWM
All that being said I am still having fun and enjoy seeing others hit there 1st toon to a 100. Nick you almost there. Shout you uber run when you on 99. It's so much fun hitting a 100 bashing Magda.

Always good fun running with the big guys :) I think it might be my turn to shout you one tho
Reply Quote
When I play my... I do what benefits a group the most :)

It's all so simple, stay on top each other to concentrate damage. Say 200k dps x 4 players = 800k dps in hot spot.

Some rules and keep in mind things I have defined for myself:
- Look after and protect each other like in HC.
- If WD or DH starts channeling it is not efficient for them to relocate.
- Do not freez or stun mobs outside of hot spot
- Wait if someone dead, he is not getting exp
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Tswift
but Dunedain and gooball is a blast to play with when they use barb

Thx man. I should point out that I'm a hota barb. I use sprint for mobility, but unlike a ww barb, I don't need to keep sprinting to maintain wrath. And I've got a fairly low fear EF. I'm trying to be party friendly :-).

The only heros i like running with is WD

And I'm currently levelling my 0 dog wd! If any COB wds like infinite mana, or DHs want infinite hatred, add me and set your skills to make use of the health globes.
Reply Quote

- Wait if someone dead, he is not getting exp[/quote]

Hate editing quotes on tablet!!!!

This is the 2nd rule of crypt runs :p
Reply Quote
Thanks everyone, your a real good mob to play with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]