Diablo® III

Crypt Runs

Sorry to all the COB WD and those that die from me pulling mobs away from you. Sometime I am tired and losing concentration :(
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 06:27 PMPosted by WNxNiteHawk
Sorry to all the COB WD and those that die from me pulling mobs away from you. Sometime I am tired and losing concentration :(

Mate, I've never run with a better Monk :). All I need to do is follow Hawk around, WW around him and HotA when he pulls in mobs. Maintain's WotB easily and the baddies disappear very quickly. As a Barbarian, apart from being very rude, there is no need to run screens away. Not that I've any had any problems running with any of our ANZ crew, just a great bunch of guys and girls.

@ gooball

I've made a CoB WD, we'll have to do some runs mate :)
Reply Quote
When I play my WW barb, I run ahead in the crypt to agro mobs and pull them toward the group. This is pretty effective I think and keeps wotb up.

If I do anything that annoys people in game, please say so :)

This.. feel free to let me know here in game if I'm doing anything annoying.
Reply Quote

Hawk, you are apologising to us? I can only humbly thank you for the encouragement you gave me when I thought I was not contributing enough in MP10.
Reply Quote
11/11/2013 03:44 AMPosted by Septimus

Hawk, you are apologising to us? I can only humbly thank you for the encouragement you gave me when I thought I was not contributing enough in MP10.

You were doing a great job fighting as a team. I enjoy a tight group fighting :)
Reply Quote
11/11/2013 12:28 AMPosted by Morpheus
I've made a CoB WD, we'll have to do some runs mate :)

Yes you did Morph - damn thats a nice WD you have there :) will have to run with you sometime
Reply Quote
Hi Nick

Sounds like a plan :)
Reply Quote
Hi, I am only familiar with crypt runs using WD and ZDS Monks, which are my favorites so far, but I have heard that multiple HOTA barbs with a pull monk made the WD looks like children, Morpheus's build and gear have been changed since the time Hawk posted.

I'm a newbie on barb, I'm really interested on this, can someone please elaborate on the gear specs and skill build used? maybe minimum Life AR Armor (EHP) and DPS and lifesteal needed? or aspd too so that I dont end up buying redundant gear?

Thank You.
Reply Quote
Also I will be running crypt runs every day with my bro as prepper outside the game and another family member as my sidekick when playing, we almost always has a ZDPS monk :) please add me if you're up to it.
Reply Quote
I was checking the forum and was wondering what are you guys talking about crypt prepper stuff. then found Mugsy crypt run guide lol. better do a lot of reading before joining crypt run. Very rusty player here hahaha. Planning to come back for RoS, love to run together again with some of the old school.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 06:31 PMPosted by Volartryen
I'm a newbie on barb, I'm really interested on this, can someone please elaborate on the gear specs and skill build used? maybe minimum Life AR Armor (EHP) and DPS and lifesteal needed? or aspd too so that I dont end up buying redundant gear?

Thank You.

Check out this guide: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=68954612&f=142

Just got used to playing barb without any spirit generator, Skorn + Smash = Fun, just need to find an elusive crit chance strength mempho. Too bad WW build is nerfed in 2.01.

11/11/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Morpheus
Hi Nick

Sounds like a plan :)

Damn, you must have spent some serious $$$ on all that gear...
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 06:31 PMPosted by Volartryen
I'm a newbie on barb, I'm really interested on this, can someone please elaborate on the gear specs and skill build used?

There are 3 main damage dealing skills used by barb: Whirlwind/Sprint:Run Like The Wind (well that's 2 skills), Hammer of the Ancients and Rend. You can use them in any combination with Wrath of the Berserker and Battle Rage:Into The Fray. Most builds will focus on WW/RLTW or HotA and then add Rend. But even HotA builds tend to keep Sprint for mobility. HotA + WW/RLTW is also a nice hybrid.

IMO This is the best solo crypt run build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#chPQRU!gZY!bZcZYZ

And this is the best group crypt run build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZhPQRU!gZY!ZZcZYZ

It's best to master WW as this can take some time and it's a good foundation for the other builds. Tips on skills and playstyle here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592639226#4

For more on HotA: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8704260382?page=1

To gear your barb I would recommend focusing on the minimum attack speed breakpoints for WW/RLTW and then adding as much CHC and CHD as you can afford (in that order of priority). More detailed gearing advice for different budgets: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9874267381

The main thing to remember with gearing and playing for any of these barb builds is that you want to ensure permanent uptime of WotB - this is partly playstyle and partly getting enough APS and CHC on your gear. Good luck!
Reply Quote
if you are a player who cant do these high MP games, and dont wanna feel like a leecher then add me and ill see what we can work out. I'm more than happy to help anyone out there with that long grind to P100
WAZZ

I can tank MP10 and happy to set the crypt up it means a carry (as I only get 25-35mil XP/hr). I can solo MP6-7, but run MP5 just to get it done quicker. From memory my stats are DPS 95k unbuffed / 150k buffed and 500k eHP

I was using this build with a Goldskin to make some quick gold, but killing gave me the XP and items for 10% less gold. So now I just tinkering with the build to increase eHP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]