Diablo® III

Paragon 2.0 - Not account wide

This level, rather than the individual character levels, will award paragon points that can be spent on all characters; not just the specific character who earned the experience
==
Yes, they are making paragon points account wide and paragon levels remain on single character.

No they're not, read the actual quote below, Paragon levels and points will be account wide. But I like how you cut the 1st part out :)

'All experience earned by max level characters will count towards an account-wide Paragon level. This level, rather than the individual character levels, will award paragon points that can be spent on all characters; not just the specific character who earned the experience'

11/05/2013 03:26 PMPosted by semiXform
This feeling of creating and new character and getting to the same point as I already have many times before it doesn't seem very new to me. I understand that it would for you.

Lol guy I beat kripparian and athene to the inferno butcher kill, they only reason they surpassed me then was cuz they had teams and back then to beat a2+ you needed teams. And here you are coming at me with that? Hahaha

11/05/2013 03:26 PMPosted by semiXform
Think about it this way, getting to lvl 60 fresh and I've already got 200 Paragon Points. Maybe I'm playing HC and I don't need the extra Vit. This will open up different upgrades for me in the meantime. At some point, lets say I find an item that gives me a crap tone of vit and some other bonuses, now i can focus on other aspects with my gear. But in now way, shape or form does me grinding that paragon all over again give me any more choices in the matter. Thats what I want you to see.

This is well put and I won't argue with it as nothing is in anyway wrong, but I still disagree as personally I think the noobs of this game have had too many hand outs already, first all the nerfs and better items. Then all the other nerfs... Then MORE nerfs... The game has no challenge to it whatsoever... And frankly I miss the days when their was a challenge and I was on top :)
Edited by Veracruz#1867 on 11/5/2013 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Monty11
How is that fair in terms of ladder for only the people who have played only witch doctor. This makes it easier for me to move up the witch doctor ladder now, which goes against the whole ladder philosophy. Obviously finding gear on one character and using it on another is one thing. But the STAT POINTS earned on one char being applied to another...especially in a ladder situation...just doesnt seem right.

I doubt you can assume there would be a witch doctor ladder.
I totally agree it would not be "fair" (or rather make no sense) to have a witch doctor only ranking while also have shared paragon. But l'd imagine there wouldn't be one.

Sounds like ladder will ONLY be a "fresh start", and not really a way to compete on rankings.
Since Blizzard seems scared of offering ways to compete on ladders these days.
All their games have taken steps toward only showing personal progress (and never ever show number of loses in PvP!) ad remove any chance to compare your "rank" against others. Still some ranking left in SC2 of course, but they have tried to remove/hide much of it there too.
Whether that is a good or bad trend, I can easily imagine the same philosophy existing for RoS ladders.
Reply Quote
No they're not, read the actual quote below, Paragon levels and points will be account wide. But I like how you cut the 1st part out :)

'All experience earned by max level characters will count towards an account-wide Paragon level. This level, rather than the individual character levels, will award paragon points that can be spent on all characters; not just the specific character who earned the experience'

Yea.....agreeing here with veracruz that this is how they are doing it.

Once you hit level 70 with a char....they immediately jump up to paragon X

Does any other game (specifically an MMO/RPG/ARPG) have this system of an account-wide level?
Reply Quote
Fair enough

But then whats the point of shared paragon?

They understand paragon account wide points on different modes, which we know of 2, normal and hard core. Thats the purpose of Paragon, for those 2 modes. Ladder was never addressed as a separate mode, so its not out of the question to assume the account wide paragon will function the same way it does now for those modes.

Given that, there doesn't seem to be an overwhelming purpose to account wide paragon with the ladders, so you may not even have your account wide (mode specific) points apply to the ladder.

I'm not sure what the purpose of the ladder is regardless. You are striving for the most exp. in a gear dependent game with random drops. If you have good luck, you will do better on the ladder.
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Monty11
Does any other game (specifically an MMO/RPG/ARPG) have this system of an account-wide level?

Doesn't matter. There aren't any other games that direct you to the endgame content only to play that same content over and over. Most games start, you play to your hearts content, and they end. Diablo doesn't end, so the issue of replayability is a little concerning. I would tend to agree with your sentiments if the game started with you naked, and ended with you killing diablo. Then you could start another character and do it all over again.
Reply Quote
Unlimited respec is necessary. IDC if there is a charge for it, but it would have to be reasonable. But you should be able to respec if you desire. If you find a build changing legendary, but have too much attack speed allocated, your are S.O.L. without respec.

Also, as for the fresh start: isn't this what ladder is supposed to accomplish? Reset your ladder character to P0 / Have to create a new character from L1 ? This is what would make sense to me. When Ladder is complete, the gear is added to non-ladder stash and you can either keep or kill the character as a non-ladder character. the Plevels gained would add to non-ladder levels as you gain them.
Reply Quote
Ladder is another game mode it has been datamined and confirmed by blues. From what I know they are calling them Seasonal Characters. Unless thats somethign else entirely. Also a real pvp mode, Baal, Mephisto and Lilith have been datamined among many many other things
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 03:37 PMPosted by Monty11
But then whats the point of shared paragon?

Not to have a system where one of your characters gets stronger and stronger, making you proportionally less and less likely to play other classes, since they wont be able to compete with your "main" character - even if they have equal gear.

You can say that playing any single character always will and should make it stronger than the ones you dont play, but in the case of gear, at least you can still find (even if smart drops goes against it) items for your other characters no matter which you play.
For paragon, because of the many hours (Potentially endless) of improvement, it means that the issue - of sticking to one character only - would just get worse over time.
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 03:50 PMPosted by semiXform
Doesn't matter. There aren't any other games that direct you to the endgame content only to play that same content over and over. Most games start, you play to your hearts content, and they end. Diablo doesn't end, so the issue of replayability is a little concerning. I would tend to agree with your sentiments if the game started with you naked, and ended with you killing diablo. Then you could start another character and do it all over again.

ya hopefully the new content in RoS fixes replayability.

i still have fun every time i log in though, even if it is the same content over and over again.
Reply Quote
The reason to have paragon account wide is to:

1. Address complains of the game "forcing" you to stick to one character to ensure optimum farming speed.

2. Get people to play the crusader. (Without them complaining about the above)

3. Lessen complains about class imbalance and nerfs because you can switch to the FOTM any time.
Reply Quote
This level, rather than the individual character levels, will award paragon points that can be spent on all characters; not just the specific character who earned the experience
==
Yes, they are making paragon points account wide and paragon levels remain on single character.

Not sure there is an actual rebuttal here.

Posted by semiXform
This feeling of creating and new character and getting to the same point as I already have many times before it doesn't seem very new to me. I understand that it would for you.

Lol guy I beat kripparian and athene to the inferno butcher kill, they only reason they surpassed me then was cuz they had teams and back then to beat a2+ you needed teams. And here you are coming at me with that? Hahaha

I'm not coming at you brah! Do you even lift?

11/05/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Veracruz
This is well put and I won't argue with it as nothing is in anyway wrong, but I still disagree as personally I think the noobs of this game have had too many hand outs already, first all the nerfs and better items. Then all the other nerfs... Then MORE nerfs... The game has no challenge to it whatsoever... And frankly I miss the days when their was a challenge and I was on top :)

I will agree full with your nerf discontent. I also feel this way. I posted a long while back about bringing the original feel of inferno back into the game with New Mode: Inferno Classic. But datamined info seems to show that they are doing just that! You will have same level of gear dropping in all modes, just if you need the extra challenge you go to the next, i.e. Torment then Inferno. So at least theres that.
Reply Quote
That's what ladder is for.

Keep paragon account wide, if you want out play ladder. Simple as that.

This!!!

I actually like the shared paragon 2.0 when I saw what it includes and how it will be distributed. I'm looking forward toward more info on details about Paragon 2.0 as in what will the XP curve be once you hit character LvL70, etc.

I didn't think that I'd like the fact that it's basically "endless" but playing my current PL100 monk has convinced me otherwise, as in man...I can be gaining XP right now instead. Well with PL 2.0 I will be, I can play the one character I truly enjoy the most and not feel like I'm losing out on XP for my account:)
Reply Quote
I'm at a loss for words...
Reply Quote
I'm at a loss for words...

less is better sometimes
Reply Quote
[quote="104666846997"]

You don't have to use your paragon points, you don't have to get powerleveled, you don't have use your gems, you don't have to respec, and you don't have to use the AH, you don't have to do anything you don't want. But that is NOT good enough. They want to make everyone else do it their way.

Best comment I've seen on the D3 forums for months. This should be stuck on each thread regarding about any of those controversial topics.
Reply Quote
Is there any way to make it so that the stat allocation is character specific? So you can choose to use the point in the paragon system or not? or simply make it so that the system doesn't activate until the character in question has achieved level cap and can start to assist in the accrual of paragon levels?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]