Diablo® III

Paragon levels after the level cap is raised?

(Locked)

What is going to happen to the paragon levels after the level cap is raised above 60?
xp from 60 to 70 will not count as paragon xp

when toon hit 70 then xp will count as paragon xp
Community Manager
11/06/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Yade
What is going to happen to the paragon levels after the level cap is raised above 60?

Paragon levels overall will be changing drastically with Paragon 2.0. When the pre-expansion patch hits, your total Paragon experience across all your characters will be added together into one total. The resulting number of levels will then apply to all of your characters (the exception being that there will be separate Paragon level pools for Hardcore and Normal mode characters).

Lylirra has previously summed up everything we've announced regarding the Paragon 2.0 system here. Let me know if you have any more questions, and I'll do my best to clarify. =)
Will those Paragon levels apply to all characters not at max level as well? I guess what I am wondering is if you create a new character after Paragon 2.0 launches will that character gain the Paragon points right away or only once the character dings at max level?

And for the record Paragon 2.0 sounds like it's going to be pretty awesome, I am totally on board with how it's currently looking.
Will those Paragon levels apply to all characters not at max level as well? I guess what I am wondering is if you create a new character after Paragon 2.0 launches will that character gain the Paragon points right away or only once the character dings at max level?

And for the record Paragon 2.0 sounds like it's going to be pretty awesome, I am totally on board with how it's currently looking.

New characters have immediate access.
Will those Paragon levels apply to all characters not at max level as well? I guess what I am wondering is if you create a new character after Paragon 2.0 launches will that character gain the Paragon points right away...

Yes.
Community Manager
11/06/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Aristobulous
Will those Paragon levels apply to all characters not at max level as well?

Yep! Your Paragon levels will apply to all characters, regardless of level (and with the Hardcore/Normal mode caveat I mentioned above).
View profile
11/06/2013 05:17 AMPosted by Mowze
How about have a separate ladder for non-account wide paragon?

That's not a separate ladder that's what ladder IS already
75 Blood Elf Paladin
Heh,

I remember after Paragon levels first came out, I posted a thread that asked what the future of Paragon levels would be considering the expansions would have a level cap raised.

I never got a blue response, I only got about 100 trolls telling me how the level cap would never be raised.

Thnx for the response, finally...
Only question I have regarding this is. If I delete my HC character as I would like to eventually get to para 1000 in SC, will I lose my HC paragon experience, or will it be save/stored?

Thx!
OK, I read through the posts and here is my question. I have 6 level 60 characters. combined I have about 90 paragon levels. how will those be distributed?
View profile
11/06/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Will those Paragon levels apply to all characters not at max level as well?

Yep! Your Paragon levels will apply to all characters, regardless of level (and with the Hardcore/Normal mode caveat I mentioned above).

I am still conrfused about this. So I have two P100's and a P40 and a P45. When you add the exp from the 40 and 45 together it is about the same as Paragon 62. So this equals about P 262. So in RoS, all my SC Heroes would show P262? How would leveling work? Would the required exp to hit the next paragon level be 100,800,00 the same as it is now to hit P63 or is there going to be some new system?
Community Manager
So this equals about P 262. So in RoS, all my SC Heroes would show P262?

We don't have information to share at the moment on what the exact conversion rate between current and Paragon 2.0 levels will be yet. Hypothetically speaking, if the experience required to level remained the same, this would be correct.
Edited by Nevalistis on 11/6/2013 1:27 PM PST
I'm confused.

Will the XP actually raise your level instantly? For instance if you had 5 100 paragon characters would you instantly be a level 70 character in expansion?
75 Blood Elf Paladin
11/06/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Brad
Dude, first of all 40 + 45 =/= 62. Second of all Paragons are unlimited, so I'm not sure if a number will be displayed at all. I read that the experience required to get Paragons will be similar on the way to 100 as it is now, but when you get to astronomically high Paragons like P500, the experience required will remain static.

Paragon EXPERIENCE will be transferred, not levels:

Using this chart: http://media.diablofans.com/images/news/2012/august/patch/exp3.jpg

a = 1-40 levels = 1,411,200,000 experience

b = 1-45 levels = 1,749,600,000 experience

c = 1-62 levels = 3,097,296,000 experience

a + b = 3,160,800,000 ~ c

So he is right, 40+45 is a little bit over 62.

I am still conrfused about this. So I have two P100's and a P40 and a P45. When you add the exp from the 40 and 45 together it is about the same as Paragon 62. So this equals about P 262. So in RoS, all my SC Heroes would show P262? How would leveling work? Would the required exp to hit the next paragon level be 100,800,00 the same as it is now to hit P63 or is there going to be some new system?

The mistake you make here is similar to the mistake the user above made. You can't add 100 + 100 to make 200, it won't work that way since levels above 100 will have even higher experience requirements. As Nevalistis points out, they aren't sure yet if the levels beyond 100 will have higher experience requirements.

We don't have information to share at the moment on what the exact conversion rate between current and Paragon 2.0 levels will be yet. Hypothetically speaking, if the experience required to level remained the same, this would be correct.
Edited by ShoknAwe#1176 on 11/6/2013 1:30 PM PST
I'm confused.

Will the XP actually raise your level instantly? For instance if you had 5 100 paragon characters would you instantly be a level 70 character in expansion?

Nope, you will get your paragon point to distribute for your lvl 60 characteres, but you will not gain any more points until your characters hit 70 again. so you won't lose any of your previous experience, but you only gain more at max level.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]