Diablo® III

Paragon levels after the level cap is raised?

(Locked)

Infinite levels is hard to "understand". I mean, it's going to be an ever ending race against who's gonna be first p1000, then first 10,000, then first 100,000, and eventually, first p1,000,000!

Only sad things; as a casual or new player, you definitely can't compete.
Alternate Assumption: XP required after paragon 100 is the same as 100. ie - 322,560,000 xp.

ie - XP required to go from 99 to 100 = xp to get from 100 to 101, 101 to 102, etcetc.

1 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 100
2 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 133
3 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 165
4 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 198
5 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 230
6 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 263
7 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 295
8 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 327
9 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 360
10 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 392

So the 2x paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 level 200 is 100% wrong, otherwise the XP being added up between all characters as stated earlier by blue couldn't possible be true.

This would make the most sense. If they kept going up 33% every 10 levels by the time you got PL 400 it would be virtually impossible to gain levels.

Agreed, it would seem like a good balance between the folks who got at least 1 character to 100, and the people that ground out 10. But it all depends on how much XP we earn at 70.
View profile
11/06/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Jane

We don't have information to share at the moment on what the exact conversion rate between current and Paragon 2.0 levels will be yet. Hypothetically speaking, if the experience required to level remained the same, this would be correct.

Sorry to disagree but it cant be correct.

Each level exp for the level is higher then the previous level. If the exp cost per level remains as they are 2 P 100 would not make a p200 it would be closer to p125. P level 250 would be like 25 current P100's.

Unless make each level cost the same across the board with the new paragon V2.0. With each level being around 104 million exp a level. then 2 100's would equal v2.0 p200 but the 62 levels would fall far shorter then 62.

Disagree all you want but you are about an hour late. A few other people already mentioned it is not a 1-1 ratio. As the blue already mentioned, the exact ratio is undetermined so you are also incorrect in quoting that 2 x p100 is closer to 125.
View profile

So the 2x paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 level 200 is 100% wrong, otherwise the XP being added up between all characters as stated earlier by blue couldn't possible be true.

You are 100% guilty of not reading all the posts.
@Nevalistis

The whole concept of Paragon 2.0 can be easily understood if people take some effort to read more information about it. The only question I m still unsure and it is actually a simple question.

Eg:
I have 5 P100 and 1 P20 characters. When Paragon 2.0 is launched, do I need to level up all 6 characters to level 70 or I just need to level up 1 character and the remaining 5 will automatically become level 70?

If I need to level up all characters, then HC will be at advantage because I remembered reading that their deleted characters still earn XP for paragon 2.0. So, the can delete all weak characters and level up 1 toon will do.

Please clarify if you have the answer. Thx.
11/06/2013 04:32 PMPosted by DoomBringer
I would very much like to know how much XP each character has contributed to the Shared Paragon.

I totally agree with this. A good way would be to show a % besides each class on the Profile screen.

There is a percentage figure on the console profile which looks pretty much identical to the upcoming PC profile, but it doesn't actually function. I'm guessing it's either bugged or isn't supposed to be there, but there's been no comment whatsoever regarding it's purpose from devs/blues.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10138974278?page=1
I think I have a handle on how the paragon 2.0 will work,but another question about experience occurred to me.. With ROS the level cap will be 70,so..will it take a relatively small amount of experience to level to 70 from 60 ,or will this be raised ? Currently it takes less exp to go from 50-60 than it does to gain one paragon level at any higher P level.. If the exp curve on Leveling from 60 to 70 (level,not paragon level!) remains as it currently is,it seems like a couple of runs at MP10 Inferno would do the trick. Anyone have any insight on this?
View profile
Am I the only one that thinks paragon should not only be earnable... but useable as of level 1... I'd love to see the game just reward you with set points each time you level, similar to now... but, on top of this, why not allow us those reward points to spend as well!? It could go all the way to 70, or just keep going forever... 3 Main, 2 Vit, 1 Int, 1 Dex for Barbs lets say... but allow us to put points into paragon too!
@Nevalistis

I would very much like to know how much XP each character has contributed to the Shared Paragon.

Also, if Shared Paragon may apply to level 1 characters, I believe there should be a game difficulty that reflects that.

:)

This could be as simple as adding extra levels to Monster Power. That would probably be easier than implementing and adding a difficulty beyond Inferno.
11/06/2013 05:29 PMPosted by DoomBringer
MP is suspected to have been removed from the game.

I highly doubt it. Not after all the game balances around it and the infernal machine event being like based on it.
This could be as simple as adding extra levels to Monster Power. That would probably be easier than implementing and adding a difficulty beyond Inferno.

There is another very likely another difficulty. a mode called torment was datamined, although what it is, is pure speculation, it does make sense. They need some way to make it so A1-4 has endgame potential as well, and if they hold true to the Jay Wilson crews intentions of making the game the same across all modes. Meaning they would not alter inferno because that would make the xpac and classic completely different games in there minds. Although if they could find a healthy way to do it I'm all for it as I don't think adding a 5th difficulty will make anything better, other then the potential for a good challenge for all of us planning to push the ladder-race to first Inferno(or Torment) Mathael kill.
Am I the only one that thinks paragon should not only be earnable... but useable as of level 1... I'd love to see the game just reward you with set points each time you level, similar to now... but, on top of this, why not allow us those reward points to spend as well!? It could go all the way to 70, or just keep going forever... 3 Main, 2 Vit, 1 Int, 1 Dex for Barbs lets say... but allow us to put points into paragon too!

... I hope your the only one...

Assuming they went with your idea... Thats giving you the potential to start a character with over 300 stat points... When a normal level one starts with what? 30 of his main stat? So... your idea is essentially to make starting characters 11x more powerful... Moreso if you have more points to spend elsewhere...

Honestly it is a awful idea and there is literally no way to balance a game around that.

The exact numbers quoted and their total are largely irrelevant at the moment, because we haven't yet provided a frame of reference for how much experience will equal how many levels in the Paragon 2.0 system. Mostly what I wanted to confirm is that it's not a one-to-one ratio, and the amount of experience is what is being totaled - not the number of levels. I apologize if this was confusing. =)

Ok,

I just wanted to make sure it was clear that it is the EXP from the levels that get added together, not the levels themselves. Otherwise you will have people screaming, "I had 10 P50's why am I not P500!"

:)
Edited by Jane#1803 on 11/7/2013 12:40 AM PST
11/07/2013 12:29 AMPosted by Veracruz

... I hope your the only one...

Assuming they went with your idea... Thats giving you the potential to start a character with over 300 stat points... When a normal level one starts with what? 30 of his main stat? So... your idea is essentially to make starting characters 11x more powerful... Moreso if you have more points to spend elsewhere...

Honestly it is a awful idea and there is literally no way to balance a game around that.

My understanding is thats exactly how its going to work. they have already stated it in other posts that the paragon levels will be able to be usable for all chars on the account regardless of level.

Other then hard core and soft core being separate paragon level pools that policy is going to apply to both.

Besides don't we already do that... as soon as we have gem slots we fill them with the top ones we have, so what is the big difference really. Its just allowing you to use what you earned.

How much better would game play be if at level 1 you already had 300 MF and could actually find the gear you can use to level.

Right now you farm gear with a higher level toon then you can use it on your alt..

just saying...
Edited by Jane#1803 on 11/7/2013 12:57 AM PST
You're not forced to allocate your paragon points on new characters, so if you wish to play a new character untwinked you can do so and allocate the points when you reach endgame.

I'll be doing exactly that with the Crusader, I'm going to play through as if with a totally fresh account.
Yea the only thing i don't like is the way they stager how you can place your points.

What if i don't want my primary points buffed just the utility points so that I can level and use just MF/GF to aid in gearing instead of finding MF/GF gear.
I don't care what the numbers are. Just so we can advance up is worth it. It's a way to set personal goals. By the time the expansion comes out, All my characters will be at 100.

While some (like the wizzie) I probably won't play, others I would like to advance to a few hundred. Plus the new crusader, that's gonna be awsome
MP won't be removed from the game - but it may 'merge' with the console difficulties. ie - MP10 turns into Master 5, just as the loot for RoS on console & pc will merge.

Easy = Equivalent to Monster Power 0
Normal = Equivalent to Monster Power 2
Hard = Equivalent to Monster Power 4
Master I: +60% Magic Find, +60% Gold Find, +120% XP Bonus (Equivalent to Monster Power 6)
Master II: +70% Magic Find, +70% Gold Find, +140% XP Bonus (Equivalent to Monster Power 7)
Master III: +80% Magic Find, +80% Gold Find, +160% XP Bonus (Equivalent to Monster Power 8)
Master IV: +90% Magic Find, +90% Gold Find, +180% XP Bonus (Equivalent to Monster Power 9)
Master V: +100% Magic Find, +100% Gold Find, +200% XP Bonus (Equivalent to Monster Power 10)
Lol 10,000 Baal runs to 99. That's the understatement of the year.

Yeah well at least you get where I'm coming from. Maybe 10,000 8 player runs from level 95!! not sure I never had anything higher than 95 that's why 99 remains elusive and praise worthy save for bots who get it in a week.
@ timagriffith , really wish people with that kind of complaint would stop, no cap sounds great, for crying out load whats your end goal now and if it's just plevel 100 your all done.reroll or play ladders or hard core,create your own character progression, or play other games as well,i'm looking forward to paragon2.0 and the other hidden surprises from R.O.S.whats wrong with having p level 200 as your new goal,it's not gonna be that easy to get lol.i hope the new system will keep you more interested and not leave the game and with new loot 2.0 current gear from defunct A.H will no longer be bis anyway . I think this will give longevity to the game and the fact that they still have a way to go before they release it just might surprise us all. That's my hope anyway.Peace

I can't force myself to play now due to the paragon 2.0 news, grind for MF oh wait they plan on killing all earned stats. Grind for PL's?? what for it'll become endless so you are a PL 100 big deal joe smo over there is PL 10,000. Having no level cap just adds zero interest for me to play if one can not obtain a finite end to it. If I were to hit PL100 with my WD I'd continue to play in the hopes to find the best of the best loot. If I got bored I'd strive toward the end level with another character. I know this is just me and I'm but one voice, a voice that doesn't make a difference in the scheme of things. Glad you will like 2.0 I'd venture a bet the diablo fanbase is torn perhaps down the middle on this so like I've said before Blizzard can't win with this game anymore cause they can't please everyone.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]