Diablo® III

Paragon levels after the level cap is raised?

I actually think Paragon 2.0 will be easier to get than Paragon 1.0. This means Paragon 1.0 Level 100 will give more levels in Paragon 2.0. Getting to the soft cap (level 850?) will be much slower, like 4-8 times as long, but getting level 100 in Paragon 2.0 will be as fast as leveling 1-70. This will hook players more early on than the current system.
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Paladin
11/06/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Nevalistis
*temples fingers*

I just want to know what this means :/
Reply Quote

I can't force myself to play now due to the paragon 2.0 news, grind for MF oh wait they plan on killing all earned stats. Grind for PL's?? what for it'll become endless so you are a PL 100 big deal joe smo over there is PL 10,000. Having no level cap just adds zero interest for me to play if one can not obtain a finite end to it. If I were to hit PL100 with my WD I'd continue to play in the hopes to find the best of the best loot. If I got bored I'd strive toward the end level with another character. I know this is just me and I'm but one voice, a voice that doesn't make a difference in the scheme of things. Glad you will like 2.0 I'd venture a bet the diablo fanbase is torn perhaps down the middle on this so like I've said before Blizzard can't win with this game anymore cause they can't please everyone.

You didn't even reach 100 on any character with a finite cap to end to. So your opinion shouldn't even be considered in this conversation anyway.
Reply Quote
11/07/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Shokk
*temples fingers*

Think of an evil person with his/her hands together with the finger tips touching, but palms not touching, while sitting at a desk. Very, very evil teasing there.

lol
Reply Quote
I was just wondering if we will be able to get some updates on the D3 forums on both THIS Fri. & Sat. because it is Blizzcon. As for the Paragon topic I think they have put thought into why not to make it have a cap. I may also add that if it is gonna be about a race to highest paragon then that race has already started with people wanting to get to 60 and get all characters to 60 and when P100 was added it was a race to get to P100 and then to get 10 to P100. But this entire time I have gotten some of my characters to a few lvls beyond P1 and one is in the P90's. Guess what I am not in a race. I don't care if others have more paragon than me. I have been having fun playing the game. If I am not having fun then I tend to stop playing and go do something else.

As long as I am rewarded for MY progress in the game that is the most important thing. I also want others to be rewarded for THEIR progress in the game as well.
Edited by Skunkleaf#1838 on 11/7/2013 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Thander
I actually think Paragon 2.0 will be easier to get than Paragon 1.0. This means Paragon 1.0 Level 100 will give more levels in Paragon 2.0. Getting to the soft cap (level 850?) will be much slower, like 4-8 times as long, but getting level 100 in Paragon 2.0 will be as fast as leveling 1-70. This will hook players more early on than the current system.

That is what I am thinking. P 1.0 lvl 100 could be P 2.0 lvl 250.. I dont think keeping it the same will be he wise choice. I am only PL 86 at my highest right now and that is with like 400 hours and I dont think I ( and probably many others ) will be playing the game for thousands and thousands and thousands of hours to come close to PL 850.
Reply Quote
MP won't be removed from the game - but it may 'merge' with the console difficulties. ie - MP10 turns into Master 5, just as the loot for RoS on console & pc will merge.

Easy = Equivalent to Monster Power 0
Normal = Equivalent to Monster Power 2
Hard = Equivalent to Monster Power 4
Master I: +60% Magic Find, +60% Gold Find, +120% XP Bonus (Equivalent to Monster Power 6)
Master II: +70% Magic Find, +70% Gold Find, +140% XP Bonus (Equivalent to Monster Power 7)
Master III: +80% Magic Find, +80% Gold Find, +160% XP Bonus (Equivalent to Monster Power 8)
Master IV: +90% Magic Find, +90% Gold Find, +180% XP Bonus (Equivalent to Monster Power 9)
Master V: +100% Magic Find, +100% Gold Find, +200% XP Bonus (Equivalent to Monster Power 10)

Oh no, I really hope that they don't dumb the PC game down to console levels.
Reply Quote
11/07/2013 04:43 AMPosted by TimAGriffith
@ timagriffith , really wish people with that kind of complaint would stop, no cap sounds great, for crying out load whats your end goal now and if it's just plevel 100 your all done.reroll or play ladders or hard core,create your own character progression, or play other games as well,i'm looking forward to paragon2.0 and the other hidden surprises from R.O.S.whats wrong with having p level 200 as your new goal,it's not gonna be that easy to get lol.i hope the new system will keep you more interested and not leave the game and with new loot 2.0 current gear from defunct A.H will no longer be bis anyway . I think this will give longevity to the game and the fact that they still have a way to go before they release it just might surprise us all. That's my hope anyway.Peace

I can't force myself to play now due to the paragon 2.0 news, grind for MF oh wait they plan on killing all earned stats. Grind for PL's?? what for it'll become endless so you are a PL 100 big deal joe smo over there is PL 10,000. Having no level cap just adds zero interest for me to play if one can not obtain a finite end to it. If I were to hit PL100 with my WD I'd continue to play in the hopes to find the best of the best loot. If I got bored I'd strive toward the end level with another character. I know this is just me and I'm but one voice, a voice that doesn't make a difference in the scheme of things. Glad you will like 2.0 I'd venture a bet the diablo fanbase is torn perhaps down the middle on this so like I've said before Blizzard can't win with this game anymore cause they can't please everyone.

Please delete your HC doc, you are making us look bad.
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Shouldn't paragon points be available only once you reach max level (60 or 70 for RoS) ??

There are some other changes coming that we'll talk about at BlizzCon that may cast more light on why we made this decision. *temples fingers* You shall know soon, very soon.

Sorry to disagree but it cant be correct.

Each level exp for the level is higher then the previous level. If the exp cost per level remains as they are 2 P 100 would not make a p200 it would be closer to p125. P level 250 would be like 25 current P100's.

The exact numbers quoted and their total are largely irrelevant at the moment, because we haven't yet provided a frame of reference for how much experience will equal how many levels in the Paragon 2.0 system. Mostly what I wanted to confirm is that it's not a one-to-one ratio, and the amount of experience is what is being totaled - not the number of levels. I apologize if this was confusing. =)

cause normal, nightmare, hell and inferno is removed? genius :D this is an awesome change.
Reply Quote
11/07/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Shokk
*temples fingers*

Mr Burns: "Excellent".

Picture that and you will know.
Reply Quote
Grind for PL's?? what for it'll become endless so you are a PL 100 big deal joe smo over there is PL 10,000. Having no level cap just adds zero interest for me to play if one can not obtain a finite end to it. If I were to hit PL100 with my WD I'd continue to play in the hopes to find the best of the best loot.

If Joe Smo's Paragon Level is that important to you, then play to out score him
If it's not that important, why worry about it?

If you are playing the game to have fun, Joe Smo's accomplishments mean nothing.
Reply Quote
so did we actually get any info on this?

I'm really confused.

any info on neph valor as well?
Reply Quote
do not add up my paragon levels. let us progress at our own pace to p100. the release of the cap at 100 seems silly. if i have account wide p100's without the work then what was the point to level them.
Reply Quote
I heard that NV may be increased to level 30 (level 5 max currently) Will the effects of NV be decreased or will the same effect of NV level 5 will still be level 5 and you just keep getting better xp,gold,drops ext.? And how will this effect keywarding and ubers, will we have to get NV30 before killing these mini-bosses?
Reply Quote
Two things I don't understand:

1. Why are people pretending to be unhappy about the idea of a never ending game? I mean WoW is a never ending game, SC2 is a never ending game, Minecraft, the list goes on and they are all very popular money makers.

2. I don't understand why people are upset that you can start a new character and have all those Paragon points to add to him right off the bat. That just means you're going to level up faster and tear through the lower difficulties of the game faster. Personally I prefer playing a game that I can rampage through the levels and dispatch bosses quickly rather than spending a half hour trying to defeat one risen dead. A half hour is a bit of an exaggeration but it makes my point. Pre this update I stopped playing because I had reached a point where it was just taking forever to get through the game on higher difficulty settings. If I lowered the difficulty setting it would take forever to get to the next character level.

In conclusion I'm happy with the update, way to go Blizzard!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]