Diablo® III

You want a PoE thread? Here you go

D3 = Action RPG with more emphasis on action

PoE = Action RPG with more emphasis on numbers

Games are different, stop demanding features from one game to be put in the other, it doesn't work.
Reply Quote
D3 = Garbage (and is not a ARPG anymore)
poe = fine wine
Edited by Ghostface#1884 on 11/6/2013 4:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
PoE is boring.
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 04:29 AMPosted by Promanguy
PoE is boring.

I'm convinced PoE is a lot like Rift, its actually terrible at the core, but the fan base is hypnotized just because it's by a smaller company.

Blizzard is popular to hate on, because they are successful.

Irony at its finest.
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 04:36 AMPosted by Gewalt
PoE is boring.

I'm convinced PoE is a lot like Rift, its actually terrible at the core, but the fan base is hypnotized just because it's by a smaller company.

Irony at its finest.

Sounds a lot like apple and microsoft ;)
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 04:49 AMPosted by Khyras
People play PoE because it is ARPG with extensive customization options

hehe not according to their forums!
Reply Quote
D3 = Action RPG with more emphasis on action

PoE = Action RPG with more emphasis on numbers

Games are different, stop demanding features from one game to be put in the other, it doesn't work.

This sums up the games quite nicely actually. Good job.
Reply Quote
D3 is boring, 0 skill choices, just pump weapon DPS as high as you can and main stat + vit and you're pretty much 80% ready to steamroll 90% of the content.
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 04:09 AMPosted by Blazi

People really need to start realising this.

And why in the world was the OP reported?
Edited by Thyaliad#6137 on 11/6/2013 9:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 04:09 AMPosted by Blazi

What I would actually like to see is features from D2 put in D3. :P
Reply Quote

People really need to start realising this.

If games were different and we stopped demanding features from one game to be put in the other, ESPECIALLY SEQUELS or FRANCHISE BRAND titles, we wouldn't have such popular titles such as Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed, Borderlands, Fallout. Etc.

Just saying.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/6/2013 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 09:31 AMPosted by Thyaliad

- promoting about a competitor in the Diablo 3 forums
- posting in the wrong forum section

That would be my guess anyways. I didn't report them though since this didn't come across as an attempt to mindlessly troll.
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 04:36 AMPosted by Gewalt
PoE is boring.

Irony at its finest.

it is not about fan base. if you played both game to high level, you would know that d3 suck because of the lack of build variety, and poe is not perfect because the art and their crappy sever. the best way to solve this is blizzard buying poe, and don't let Jay Wilson put his hand on poe.
Edited by Kylian#1989 on 11/6/2013 5:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
If games were different and we stopped demanding features from one game to be put in the other, ESPECIALLY SEQUELS or FRANCHISE BRAND titles, we wouldn't have such popular titles such as Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed, Borderlands, Fallout. Etc.

Just saying.

By your logic, D2 fails because it was totally different from D1. And features should be included ONLY if they WORK for the current game.

Oh and last time I checked, PoE wasn't a Diablo game.

Just saying.
Reply Quote

Just saying.

By your logic, D2 fails because it was totally different from D1. And features should be included ONLY if they WORK for the current game.

Oh and last time I checked, PoE wasn't a Diablo game.

Just saying.

LOL how so? To make spells and skill not consumables? Many features of D1 carried into D2 almost 1:1. They didn't completely destroy a stat like accuracy from D2-D3, or elemental resistances. Rofl. Elemental Resistances? No such thing in D3, it's a flash gimmick between all elements, EXCEPT COLD I GUESS. Stat increasing pots, buff pots, many different weird potions, all exist in D1 D2. D3 is what heal potion, super long heal CD it's an oh sh!t button to keep you alive when you know you don't have enough dps/ls/killspeed then you run away and go check AH for an upgrade or go farm lower mobs until they drop something with a 0.001% chance of upgrading 1 slot for a different class rofl

Very good sir, Your logic fails.
Don't forget D1 had class-proficient type weapons too, just like *cough* DIABLO 2! Surprise! D3 Guess what who gives a f*** who can use what we can wield whatever the f*** we want and emit fireballs out of a twohanded sword that isn't magical or enchanted in any way. Let's remove class restriction on weapons all together. Why even call it role-playing when you play whatever?

HAHA good one.
Did you know the graphics and theme and everything from D1 is also present in D2? Or are you just rose-tinted on D3?
Point distribution of stats - In D1, D2. NOT IN D3. LOL
Equipment stat requirements - In D1, D2. NOT IN D3. LOL.
Spells - Requires higher magic - In D1, which in D2 like invest more skill points get higher dmg, D3 Raise weapon DPS(wtf?)
Prefix & suffix modifiers - In D1, IMPROVED in D2 and then D3 REMOVES IT LOL sorry what do you modify again? Gem slotting, that's pretty bland and they removed rune slotting in D3 so it's goin backwards and beyond.

I don't know what logic you live on but keep me out thanks.

Last I checked PoE doesn't have to be a diablo game if it was it'd be a travesty considering the latest installment of Diablo.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/7/2013 3:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sigh.

I knew you weren't going to get it the first time around...

I am talking about the actual GAMEPLAY, not just superficial numbers which you kept on bringing up.

Seriously, have you even PLAYED D1 for any length of time?

D1 was slow moving, tactical, suspenseful and scary. You proceeded carefully, because it was easy to get surrounded and killed.
Light radius was an important factor. Too little light radius makes it harder to spot enemies, but bigger light radius aggravates more of them, meaning its very easy to bite off more than you can chew.
Because you can't grind, your character is always at the same level as the monsters. There isn't really a point of time where you can just throw caution to the wind and run headlong into an unexplored hallway.
Health and mana don't regenerate unless you are enough lucky to find a health or mana leeching item. So that means you must manage your health and mana carefully, lest you run out of potions while in the midst of combat.

D2, in comparison, is a a freaking arcade game.
You run around in broad daylight, beating up every living thing you can find. More enemies rushing to me? Good, it means you can kill them faster.
If you get into trouble, don't worry, just sprint away. Most enemies can't catch up. Or at worst, use a TP.
There was no tactics, no tension. Those didn't come into play until the endgame. Compare with D1, where the were tactics and tension throughout the entire game.

You see, its not so much what features were added or what was taken out. This where so many people, yourself included, seem to be so wrapped up in.

In fact, D2 removed what IMO, were the key aspects of Diablo 1. The tension. The scares. The feeling that you were never really safe, that you were never really stronger than the monsters. In other words, the soul of Diablo. In fact, I would say that D3 plays more similar to D2 than D2 is to D1.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]