Diablo® III

The Calm before the Storm...

I am just enjoying this calm before the storm. Nothing is happening. The forums are pretty quiet, with the topics being a relatively steady stream of already hashed and rehashed subjects. The blues are busy responding to posts about your favorite pet, or flavor of ice cream. The AH is at lows across the board. The anticipation is building...

This is the calm. A beautiful crimson sunrise.
Reply Quote
Ya. It's driving me nuts!! Hurry up Blizzcon.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Things might seem calm right now, but over here it's far from it. We've been working hard to make sure the expansion is awesome, ready for Blizzcon, and we're very excited to share more details about it. More than that, those of you attending are going to get a chance to play Reaper of Souls on two platforms, and I'm really looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it. Get ready, there's a storm a-brewin!
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Grimiku
Things might seem calm right now, but over here it's far from it. We've been working hard to make sure the expansion is awesome, ready for Blizzcon, and we're very excited to share more details about it. More than that, those of you attending are going to get a chance to play Reaper of Souls on two platforms, and I'm really looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it. Get ready, there's a storm a-brewin!

Will we get a special cookie before Blizzcon? I can hardly wait :D Since my midterms are done, I will be focusing all my efforts on gathering as much information as possible :)
Reply Quote
Awesome!
It's gonna be great to read and watch videos about RoS.
Godspeed!
Reply Quote

Oh, and how about that loot patch?
Not important enough?
Reply Quote

Didn't know the console version of RoS was going to be at Blizcon, thought it was primarily going to be PC specific for some reason.
Reply Quote
Nicely put, OP.
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Shango

Didn't know the console version of RoS was going to be at Blizcon, thought it was primarily going to be PC specific for some reason.

Its iPhone iPad snartphone platform not console.

The next evolution step o_O
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Shango

PS4 version with ROS will be playable too (you were right to think that, that information about PS4 version only came up a few days ago).
Reply Quote
I need to get in the beta action. Please let us beta test the crap out of this game, Hearthstone style.
Reply Quote
MVP
11/05/2013 02:38 PMPosted by BurningJC007
Please let us beta test the crap out of this game, Hearthstone style.

Lol, Hearthstone doesn't even feel like a beta. It felt like release from day one. =P

But I will agree. I hope EVERY aspect of RoS is playable in the beta so we can get a really good handle on it.

I'm going to litter these forums with so much feedback!
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 03:33 PMPosted by DrothVader
Please let us beta test the crap out of this game, Hearthstone style.

Lol, Hearthstone doesn't even feel like a beta. It felt like release from day one. =P

But I will agree. I hope EVERY aspect of RoS is playable in the beta so we can get a really good handle on it.

I'm going to litter these forums with so much feedback!

Hearthstone is fantastic.

Back on topic! I, personally, cannot wait for the massive wave of tears that will be incoming after Blizzcon. Whether they are tears of joy or tears of rage make no mistake that nerdlingers around the world will cry.
Reply Quote

Do you have specific instructions from your employers to "promote" Blizzcon at every moment?

I ask this for two reasons:

1) If you simply write from a pre written script, taking anything you blues say seriously becomes nonsensical. Especially when it comes to play advice.

2) Every time you post you almost always plug in about Blizzcon trying to create some hype.

Is this something Blizzard tells you to do?
Reply Quote
Calm before the storm? The storm is hitting right now at Dfans!!

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/105335-spoilers-ahead-reaper-of-souls-beta-datamining/

A lot of spoilers so be aware before you go to this page.

LOTS OF AWESOME THINGS BLIZZARD!!! - Well done!
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 03:48 PMPosted by NotSherifSrs

Do you have specific instructions from your employers to "promote" Blizzcon at every moment?

1) If you simply write from a pre written script, taking anything you blues say seriously becomes nonsensical. Especially when it comes to play advice.

2) Every time you post you almost always plug in about Blizzcon trying to create some hype.

Of course they have to because

1. They aren't allowed to shoot their months off on ROS details because it will be taken as a promise and people will complain when it changes later.

2. Barring the above, the only other thing they have lined up is Blizzcon.

3. They (and their colleagues) worked their butts off for Blizzcon, it is natural to want it to be as successful as possible.

Given the above, what would you do if you were in their shoes.
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Wtflag

Of course they have to because

1. They aren't allowed to shoot their months off on ROS details because it will be taken as a promise and people will complain when it changes later.

2. Barring the above, the only other thing they have lined up is Blizzcon.

3. They (and their colleagues) worked their butts off for Blizzcon, it is natural to want it to be as successful as possible.

Given the above, what would you do if you were in their shoes.

Well considering previous Blizzcons stated fully that D3 would have pvp, and even showed it (false advertising) don't you think it is a bit immoral to push something like Blizzcon as your personal opinion in order to get people to purchase a virtual ticket? (aka generate hype)

If I were in their shoes? I would moderate the forum.

I wouldn't create scenarios to possibly put my foot in my mouth.

However, the only reason I can come up with them doing it anyways is to generate as much hype for virtual blizzcon tickets.

It reminds me of the sleeziness of door to door salesmen.
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Greenhell
those of you attending are going to get a chance to play Reaper of Souls on two platforms

Imho, blizz's innability to nail pve PC Diablo thus far is in part due to all the attention you pay console. Making all things Diablo viable for mutliple platforms is why PC remains in this this pergatory.

When will you make PC Diablo your #1 priority? Perhaps if this had been your approach all along, PC would have pvp by now, or customization, or even a itemization for PC.

As it stands, Console has more features, & better itemization than PC, frankly I'm tired of hearing about how thin you spread all things Diablo, when THIS platform is so still so far behind.

If nothing else, I hope for real assurances from blizz that PC should'nt be the inferior platform of all things.

I vote that you either wait till after Blizzcon to say what you are saying or go here to see a glimpse of what PC is getting and what console is not... http://www.diablofans.com/topic/105335-spoilers-ahead-reaper-of-souls-beta-datamining/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]