Diablo® III

The Calm before the Storm...

11/05/2013 04:09 PMPosted by CheehC

Imho, blizz's innability to nail pve PC Diablo thus far is in part due to all the attention you pay console. Making all things Diablo viable for mutliple platforms is why PC remains in this this pergatory.

When will you make PC Diablo your #1 priority? Perhaps if this had been your approach all along, PC would have pvp by now, or customization, or even a itemization for PC.

As it stands, Console has more features, & better itemization than PC, frankly I'm tired of hearing about how thin you spread all things Diablo, when THIS platform is so still so far behind.

If nothing else, I hope for real assurances from blizz that PC should'nt be the inferior platform of all things.

I vote that you either wait till after Blizzcon to say what you are saying or go here to see a glimpse of what PC is getting and what console is not... http://www.diablofans.com/topic/105335-spoilers-ahead-reaper-of-souls-beta-datamining/

Why is Blizzcon the "truth" we should wait for when it has lied to us in the past?
Reply Quote

I vote that you either wait till after Blizzcon to say what you are saying or go here to see a glimpse of what PC is getting and what console is not... http://www.diablofans.com/topic/105335-spoilers-ahead-reaper-of-souls-beta-datamining/

Why is Blizzcon the "truth" we should wait for when it has lied to us in the past?

you didn't view the Dfans datamined info post did you ...
Reply Quote

Ugh, you are clueless. None of that is confirmed to be in the expansion. I am going to laugh when a fraction of it is implemented into RoS. I will laugh even harder when they push the other half of the content to the "next expansion".

Oh and please quote me and say they wouldn't do something like that, when they have already done that in the past.
Edited by NotSherifSrs#1910 on 11/5/2013 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Ugh, you are clueless. None of that is confirmed to be in the expansion. I am going to laugh when a fraction of it is implemented into RoS. I will laugh even harder when they push the other half of the content to the "next expansion".

Oh and please quote me and say they wouldn't do something like that, when they have already done that in the past.

I am saying that if even half of the things actually make to the final version it will still be awesome.

Lied is also the wrong term... they didn't know they were going to pull certain features from the final version when they announced them at Blizzcon.. they pulled them after they realaised they were not polished enough.
Reply Quote

I am saying that if even half of the things actually make to the final version it will still be awesome.

Lied is also the wrong term... they didn't know they were going to pull certain features from the final version when they announced them at Blizzcon.. they pulled them after they realaised they were not polished enough.

If they are "unsure" they are going to keep things for the final release they should not blatantly advertise the features during a hype fest known as blizzcon. That is borderline false advertisement.

If they want to "show off features" of RoS, morally they should show CONFIRMED features, not pre made buffed up videos of POSSIBLE features to generate hype for something they aren't sure they will release.

It is pretty disgusting behavior as a company imo.
Reply Quote

If they are "unsure" they are going to keep things for the final release they should not blatantly advertise the features during a hype fest known as blizzcon. That is borderline false advertisement.

If they want to "show off features" of RoS, morally they should show CONFIRMED features, not pre made buffed up videos of POSSIBLE features to generate hype for something they aren't sure they will release.

It is pretty disgusting behaviour as a company imo.

Would you rather they had put in the half baked Mystic and PvP modes in initial release?

I think you are over dramatising blizzards behaviour... testing features of their game and realising they were not right and would draw an even bigger negative response if they had released them the way they were... I think it was the right move.
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 04:29 PMPosted by Khyras

Didnt realize it takes 2 years and another payment to polish finished products.

Took D2 that long...
Reply Quote

It is pretty disgusting behaviour as a company imo.

Would you rather they had put in the half baked Mystic and PvP modes in initial release?

I think you are over dramatising blizzards behaviour... testing features of their game and realising they were not right and would draw an even bigger negative response if they had released them the way they were... I think it was the right move.

You are missing the point.

Not releasing features that are not ready, as you say, is arguably a good idea.

Advertising those features beforehand when you clearly know they are not ready, is a slimy way to generate hype. It is also a slimy way to generate sales.

The issue isn't with releasing features, the issue is making a big advertisement special about a certain feature to get an audience excited about your product, then at the last minute "conveniently" decide you cannot release it.

Then you should not have advertised it in the first place.

It is false advertising. The question is was it intentional or not? That answer no one but blizzard can say.
Reply Quote
View profile
Do you have specific instructions from your employers to "promote" Blizzcon at every moment?

I ask this for two reasons:

1) If you simply write from a pre written script, taking anything you blues say seriously becomes nonsensical. Especially when it comes to play advice.

2) Every time you post you almost always plug in about Blizzcon trying to create some hype.

Is this something Blizzard tells you to do?

1 hour ago
I think the answer should have been obvious with out you asking. They are Blizzard employes which is an entertainment company. Ya i would guess they want to get the message out.
Reply Quote

Advertising those features beforehand when you clearly know they are not ready, is a slimy way to generate hype. It is also a slimy way to generate sales.

The issue isn't with releasing features, the issue is making a big advertisement special about a certain feature to get an audience excited about your product, then at the last minute "conveniently" decide you cannot release it.

It is false advertising. The question is was it intentional or not? That answer no one but blizzard can say.

It is not adversing when they are showing you what has currently been developed and what at the time they think will ship in the final version. Everything is always subject to change through iterative testing and feedback up until release day.

I very much doubt senior game executives of any company let alone Blizzard would announce a feature knowing 100% before hand that it would never make release... just for 'marketing' purposes...
Reply Quote

It is not adversing when they are showing you what has currently been developed and what at the time they think will ship in the final version. Everything is always subject to change through iterative testing and feedback up until release day.

I very much doubt senior game executives of any company let alone Blizzard would announce a feature knowing 100% before hand that it would never make release... just for 'marketing' purposes...

Lol so you doubt there is greed in corporations.

Ok.
Reply Quote

Ok.

I think for a company like Blizzard it makes most business sense to be open and honest and for most games companies that is best business plan you can have...

PvP and the Mystic were not polished and we saw what it used to look like and I for one think they were right to pull the unfinished features.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Things might seem calm right now, but over here it's far from it. We've been working hard to make sure the expansion is awesome, ready for Blizzcon, and we're very excited to share more details about it.

Nice! I'm proud of you guys ;)

All hail Josh Mosqueira!
Reply Quote

Ok.

Are you completely new to capitalism? Blizzard can do whatever they please with "their" game. I know, hard concept to grasp. Either way I have a feeling you'll whine.
Edited by familia#1746 on 11/6/2013 5:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Grimiku
Things might seem calm right now, but over here it's far from it. We've been working hard to make sure the expansion is awesome, ready for Blizzcon, and we're very excited to share more details about it. More than that, those of you attending are going to get a chance to play Reaper of Souls on two platforms, and I'm really looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it. Get ready, there's a storm a-brewin!
Just make sure to give forum MVPs the most burn to get some thoughtful, intelligent feedback. Hell, I'd love to have a RoS feedback thread where people who actually went can post their thoughts - assuming there's no NDA?
Reply Quote
You guys are totally messin my mojo up with all these negative vibes.

It's time to relax... take in a little scenery.
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 01:33 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Things might seem calm right now, but over here it's far from it. We've been working hard to make sure the expansion is awesome, ready for Blizzcon, and we're very excited to share more details about it. More than that, those of you attending are going to get a chance to play Reaper of Souls on two platforms, and I'm really looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it. Get ready, there's a storm a-brewin!

Will we get a special cookie before Blizzcon? I can hardly wait :D Since my midterms are done, I will be focusing all my efforts on gathering as much information as possible :)

Increased XP and MF/GF like at anniversary would be a plug!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]