Diablo® III

No 1080p resolution option! :(

Hello i seam to have a problem with playing in 1080p (1920x1080 resolution). Monitor is a konka LCD tv that works fine on 1080p resolution for everything else. However when i load d3 my display settings for monitor change automatically to 720p and then once in game the highest resolution i can set it to is 1280x720...i guess thats because my display settings changed on loading but is should work at 1080p fine...

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

KONKA LCDTV Display
1920 x 1080
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Follow the instructions below to get Diablo 3 running in 1080p mode. Terminal is found in /Applications/Utilities:

Open the Terminal and enter the following line, followed by the Enter key:

defaults write com.blizzard.diablo3 DesktopModeIsDefault 1

Once entered Diablo III can use your current desktop resolution as if it were the native resolution. In order for this to work, you must first set your desktop resolution to whatever you want Diablo III to run at, and then launch Diablo III.

To revert your preference file, issue the following command in Terminal:

defaults delete com.blizzard.diablo3 DesktopModeIsDefault

You should make a backup of this file before attempting this, just in case. The file is located here:

~/Library/Preferences/com.blizzard.diablo3.plist

To access the ~/Library folder, while in the Finder hold down the Option key and select the Go menu. You should see a "Library" entry - that is the ~/Library folder. This option is hidden until you hold down the Option key with that menu open.

This will allow you to use whatever resolution for Diablo III you choose like you used to without the added distortion/UI offsets caused by the non-standard resolutions that are now hard-coded into the game.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
Thank you thats awesome! works great :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]