Diablo® III

Regarding my account.

97 Night Elf Priest
Hey not sure where to post this, but dear blizzard I have not touched diablo in ages but when I installed it back today it states that my account has been banned. Why is that? The email address is Redacted - Please don't post your account on the forums. Please just help me clarify why this happened. Thanks
Edited by Nevalistis on 11/5/2013 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
There's a support center here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Remove that email address! It invites spammers to phish you and it gives hackers half your info.

Your only means to deal with this is to file an appeal. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/how-to-appeal You would have received an email to the account when the ban happened.

It is also possible this occurred as part of an account compromise. That is something you are going to want to look into. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/compromised-diablo-iii-account

Just in case, you might find the following security steps useful in the event it was a hacker...and because you posted your email :(

1. Download, install, and update Malwarebytes (free version is fine). Boot into safe mode and run a FULL (not quick version) scan with the game up and gibberish in the login fields. Some malware only activates under those conditions.
2. When that scan is done, run a FULL virus scan with an updated virus scanner. Microsoft Security Essentials is free and decent these days. Some folks here also like Avast. Better than Nortons, MacAffee, etc.
3. From a PC you know to be free of malware, change your email password. Check it for forwarding as well. Sometimes hackers set up forwarding. Change your bnet password again now that the PC is clean.
4. Create a new email that you use ONLY for battle.net. Gmail is great because you can put two factor authentication on it and prevent hackers from logging in without a code.
5. Get an Authenticator!!!! The mobile device version is FREE and the keychain is only $6.50 in the US with free shipping.
6. Consider SMS Protect - this is not an Authenticator, but is a messaging service that lets you know about account changes and prevents some of them, such as an unauthorized email change.
Reply Quote
Here's your opportunity to give $60 more to Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/05/2013 02:17 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Your only means to deal with this is to file an appeal. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/how-to-appeal You would have received an email to the account when the ban happened.

MissCheetah's got it down, her post is an excellent place to start for account recovery.

We're unable to discuss account actions on the forums, so please use the information provided above to contact our awesome folks in Customer Support for additional assistance. Best wishes to you!
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Cayssarara
Redacted - Please don't post your account on the forums
I'm 95% pretty sure you can't have those characters in an email. You should probably get that checked
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
yesorno
Reply Quote
The exact same thing happened to me like a year ago. I didnt touch the game or even my computer if that matters for like a month due to relocation, and logging in seeing my account was banned was just stupid.
I contacted Blizzard support right away and they told me i had been involved in stuff i dont even know and the ban wont be removed. I kept re-appealing and explained but they JUST didnt do anything but replied my with the same message all over again. It seemed clear that they dont give a !@#$ anymore.
its just sad :(.
Reply Quote
Hey not sure where to post this, but dear blizzard I have not touched diablo in ages but when I installed it back today it states that my account has been banned. Why is that? The email address is...

It's because you post your e-mail address in public.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Priest
Thanks for helping me out, I'm sorry about posting my email there. Well I don't have access to that email anymore and I have no idea why. Even prior to this post. So I just tried to login to diablo and it didn't work and said I was banned. Not angry at all just wanna know why that's all. Thanks again though :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]