Diablo® III

i'm actually playing future d3...

with PoE

self-found viable
no auction house (beside black market, yes they do exist there)
F2F trading (face to face)
ladder
end game contents
build diversity
map randomness

with the expansion being like this (without AH and going back to old school d2 trading) i am seriously wondering how messed up and annoying trading would become.

believe me when i say i want AH gone but after going through hell and back with PoE's trading, i am thinking otherwise.

i farmed a lot and gotten a lot of mid/high/gg gears to sell and what did i end up doing? spamming for hours upon hours in a forever fast scrolling trade channel and general chat. i basically end up just doing giveaways.

blizzard must come up with a solution for trading with the AH removal. seriously have no patience to flood forums/chats in midst of my gaming time -_-
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 05:42 AMPosted by pichapie
blizzard must come up with a solution for trading with the AH removal. seriously have no patience to flood forums/chats in midst of my gaming time -_-

Agreed. My hopes are that the drop quality is good enough to be 80-85% self-found, and hopefully there is a means to trade for that other 15-20%.

If not, Wiz Forum will become the de facto trading space for me. /incoming mega redirect threads by our outsourced forum mods.
Reply Quote
PoE's items are no better.

drop rates for mid/high gears are slim to none too

not to mention PoE's drop rate/xp penalty from doing lower than your current level areas
Reply Quote
I just had a massive treatise written up about why PoE and D3 have the same build diversity and people are just too dumb to realize the illusion of choice creates the fake sense of diversity in PoE and also detailed why the currency/crafting system creates a fake sense of gear customization, but the forums decided I needed to log back in before giving me a preview of what I just wrote and then threw me back to the thread with nothing saved.

The gist is: PoE builds are based around skills, add up the number of D3 builds for each class and it's around the same as how many skills you can build around in PoE.

Gear in PoE isn't any better than D3 because you're not only relying on RNG when the gear drops, you're then relying on RNG for when you try to get the number of sockets you need using currency, the right color sockets you need using currency, then the right amount of links between those sockets using currency. You need to rely on RNG 4 times for each piece of gear just to end up using the same support gems for your skill that everyone else using that skill is using. What amazing customization!
Edited by EmperorMao#1767 on 11/6/2013 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
I guess I must reinstall my IRC-client and look up my d2jsp account info.

D2 trading was a nightmare, there's no indication of it being any better for D3:RoS :(
Reply Quote
I am really not looking forward to the nightmare that trading will become, after they get rid of the AH. Anyone who's played any MMO without an AH type system should know how awful it is. It's hard enough for me to find the items I want with the AH sometimes.

But this whole, the grass is greener over at PoE, I don't buy into that. I'm sure it's a decent game but I'm currently too invested into D3 to play a ripoff of D3.
Reply Quote
That's the thing with games like D3 and PoE, there will always be a few builds that are the most efficient for each class. Unless every skill does the exact same damage it would be nearly impossible for any combination of skills to be viable. By now we all know this and it's not a big deal. I played PoE for a little bit and it wasn't all that bad, but D3 has better combat IMO. It was awhile back when I tried PoE, so maybe they polished it a little more.

I didn't know the drop rates for the good items were that bad though, and the part about having to roll sockets, links, and colors multiple times sucks because I feel it is much funner to find a piece of gear as a drop and and just plain ol' using it.

I have to agree with you about the AH pich. As much as I absolutely hate it and what it did to the game, the alternative of getting scammed and spamming trade channels sucks. If the drop rates are where they should be, I feel like I will get good gear by way of the hours I put in, and that suits me just fine. The people with money to spend will get the best rolls on the black market just like they do now.
Reply Quote

They did it was called the Auction House. You all voted to get rid of it so live with the consequences.
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 09:03 AMPosted by Theoldred29

They did it was called the Auction House. You all voted to get rid of it so live with the consequences.

"You all"

Who the hell are you? Get off the forums and go back to breeding pigs.
Reply Quote
The more I hear of RoS, the more I feel the removing the AH is completely pointless. If self-found becomes more viable, as it looks to become, and the best items (crafted, transmogged, mystified) are BoA, trading will be much less important than it is now, anyway, so we wouldn't rely on the AH as we do now. And if self-found somehow doesn'i become more viable, then losing the AH is an unnecessary nuisance that we will all live to regret.

(P.S. Yes, transmogged is a word!)

11/06/2013 08:16 AMPosted by EmperorMao
but the forums decided I needed to log back in before giving me a preview of what I just wrote and then threw me back to the thread with nothing saved.

I feel your pain.
Reply Quote

Touche.
I for one however did not ask for the AH to be taken away. If they took the RMAH away, I would be totally fine with that even though I've been very happy to use it before, but the GAH in my opinion solved more problems than it created. I think a lot of people had more of a problem with the RMAH than they did with GAH, they just directed their hatred towards the AH in general.

I'll ultimately get over it and resort to finding other ways to sell and buy gear but it's going to be a huge waist of time compared to the current system.
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 09:10 AMPosted by EmperorMao
Get off the forums and go back to breeding pigs.

How did you know I was a pig breeder? Amazing...lol
Reply Quote
WUW?

IDK, WUG?
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Theoldred29
Get off the forums and go back to breeding pigs.

How did you know I was a pig breeder? Amazing...lol

Because you could always use more relatives.
Reply Quote
PoE and D3 have the same build diversity and people are just too dumb to realize the illusion of choice creates the fake sense of diversity in PoE and also detailed why the currency/crafting system creates a fake sense of gear customization,

I was wondering about this as well and was going to create a PoE pawn this weekend to see what the kerfufle was about regarding skills, item drops etc...

Indeed, this sounds too tedious/laborious.

11/06/2013 09:10 AMPosted by EmperorMao
Who the hell are you? Get off the forums and go back to breeding pigs.

Welllll, this seemed unnecessary. What do you have against ol' Red Mao-Mao?
Reply Quote
I just had a massive treatise written up about why PoE and D3 have the same build diversity and people are just too dumb to realize the illusion of choice creates the fake sense of diversity in PoE and also detailed why the currency/crafting system creates a fake sense of gear customization, but the forums decided I needed to log back in before giving me a preview of what I just wrote and then threw me back to the thread with nothing saved.

I feel for you bro. Happened to me plenty of times as well.

Hopefully one day you can write that treatise out in full. It sounds like a really good read.
Reply Quote
couldn't get into POE..

the environment, texture, combat, animation makes me want to sleep.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]