Diablo® III

Cop-out Answer: Tyrael is Mortal, not Human.

02/22/2014 09:16 PMPosted by Utam
From what we know there is no way for him to be back to what he used to unless his body is the only mortal thing and somehow he get reborn for a 2nd time.

The information we have make angels like mortals (in death only) when they die the same angel can not be reborn but the Crystal give birth to a new angel as a replacement. I wonder if Tyrael being an acrangel and one of Anu virtues is the reason the Crystal give birth to him again.

When Tyrael became mortal, did he also stop being "Justice"? When he takes his position as "Wisdom", did he (re)gain any kind of power?
Edited by Kovaelin#1568 on 5/5/2014 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't think he stopped being justice. If he is no longer justice the Crystal would have give birth to a new archangel to take his place.

No, Tyrael didn't get back any of his powers (his only power right now is his sword) all what he did is picking up a title for himself.
Reply Quote
Some things don't need to be fully explained. And yet most people will over think them and call them "plot holes" when really, a little, or sometimes, a lot of mystery, makes things more interesting to a story instead of a fully explained one.

As for Tyrael, Nev hit the nail on the head. His thoughts and desires led to action and his transformation to be what he wanted. To help guide sanctuary, without the restrictions of the Angiris Councel.
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 08:08 AMPosted by Kinetic
Some things don't need to be fully explained.

Not if you are me or OP!

@OP: Agreed! Since after LOD, the story has become more and more abysmal! From another thread, I got no replies so I repost to see if other ppl feel the same about these points I make

05/07/2014 01:35 AMPosted by mvm199
Why are people trying to make sense of the abhorrent story? There is NO sense to it

Let us recap

Demons need soulstones to manifest for long periods of time. Never mind they manifested many times before without them (Sin war, demonsbane)

In D2 ... demons will vanish to the abyss or nothingness once their soulstones are destroyed ... yet they keep coming !@#$ing back time and time again in the retconned lore we have now, and thats why tyrael wanted to hide the BSS. Stick to one plot please?

Baal' s soulstone ... wtf happened to it? No blizzard its ok, no need to tie that loose end.

The worldstone ... apparently the demons and angels never tried to destroy it before. And the demons, for once, actually kept their word to not try steal it again (Bar Baal's advance of course, I am talking before that - demons that are known for deceit made a pact (LUL) and angels took their word for it. Even better idea, they just let it sit in a mountain somewhere and leave it in the hands of barbarians. And yeah there is a relic that lets you pass without facing the guardians, I mean the guardians cant know you from before or sense you are a human spirit and !@#$, they just go berserk on everyone who tries to pass of course. WHat a great idea to entrust a key to a world creating and altering uber powerful gigantic stone to a random group of mortals.

Zoltun kulle makes a soulstone ... that can hold more than one soul. OK OK ... the original soulstones were collected from the crystal arch I believe, and were similar to the worldstone, and could hold only one soul, but a vizjerei mage can make one that holds tons of souls without the crystal arch. I mean even in the book of tyrael they still cannot make sense of this ... 'uhhh it is rumored he made it from the sand and blood of demons and uhhh ... yeah' ReallY? LULLLL

Adria tagging demon souls ... bwahahaha I will never forget this lazy way of telling how / bizarre explanation of how the demon souls were all in the BSS. Still blows my mind ... the %^-*?

Izual being angel / demon hybrid ... another ''the !@#$''?

Tyrael ... an ARCHangel ... becoming human? REALLY? come onnnn ... really ... wait ... REALLY?? ... hang on .. what? ... oh is that so ... I thought you said ... wait ... WHAT?!? Oh hang on ... he aint human ... he's a mortal. A mortal who isnt human, demon, or angel and Tyrael can SIMPLY choose to be so. Or maybe he is a mortal angel. And since he is no longer an angel, where is his replacement from the crystal arch? Oh he is still the aspect of justice, k got it.

Malthael using demonic creatures ... or if not they clearly look like demons .... to rid the world of ... wait for it .... demons? Really?

Malthael shattering BSS with a swipe of his weapon ... when we needed a hammer and a hellforge to smash the inferior soulstones. 'OK' .. not to mention he wanted to do what exactly? Absorb all the demon's powers and become corrupted? Oh yeah way to rid the world of demons, by releasing them from being trapped and becoming one yourself! This is worse that the plots of 80s cartoons like He Man and such, jesus effin christ Metzen D1 and D2 had the best story ever, why did you have to butcher it and turn that into an abomination?

All that hard work in ridding the world of the prime evil and now he is released again ... oh for the love of everything holy and unholy! Come up with something more interesting and fun to digest!

Come on devs ... ffs make some sense in your story please. It is disgusting how you destroyed the series' lore credibility after D2. And keep murdering all and any plotlines left.

So just enjoy the games and %^-* the story. I say. I gave up on it a long time ago.

PS If you want to save the story hire me. Seriously, I had an entire story for D3 that tied up all loose ends about the soulstones in d2 and how diablo came back and that was so much better than this garbage metzen and co can poop out.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I have been re-watching Supernatural and just finished S4E10, "Heaven and Hell". It is a continuation of S4E9, for those that want the whole story. Anyways, in the episode, there is a human that can hear angels. Turns out, she was a high-ranking members of heaven, who "ripped out her Grace" because she disapproved of an order. She explains her "Grace" as "energy". She "fell to Earth, becoming human". She was falling at "about 10,000 miles per hour", "literally falling", like a "comet, or meteor".

She had amnesia until this episode.

This season was in 2008. The parallels are striking.
Reply Quote
@mvm199: There's a difference between "I don't like" and "There is no sense"...There's six pages of posts you never read, or don't change your mind, beacuse people like you or op don't like plot and want people agree with you.

Personaly i agree lore need better explain of some parts and plot need a different evolution (i hate so much what Blizzard did with Adria and third Diablo resurrection), but all this topic about Tyrael is just stupid.
Reply Quote
(six pages later)
TLDR:
Because Metzen.
Reply Quote
11/08/2013 11:42 PMPosted by Eigenscape
Can any 100%-angel-0%-demon creature, like Tyrael, just randomly choose to be a 100%-human-looking-"mortal", despite being 0% demon?

... Yes.

This is not the first time Tyreal has taken a human form. We know from the short novel, Demonsbane, that he always could take on the appearance of a human, as he did when he came to speak with Siggard in the novel.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/14/2013 12:40 PMPosted by ChangBooster
11/14/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Obi-Wan's death

Umm, Spoiler alert!?

lulz
Reply Quote
Answer by diablo devs themselves:

http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/blizzcon-2013-diablo-iii-lore-qa-panel-transcript/2

Tyrael is not human, only mortal. That seems very obvious to me, since "humans" are basically nephalem who don't manifest their power. With that said, they are still a breed between angels and demons.

Tyrael could not become a human because he can't have demon blood, that would be just messed up.
Reply Quote
When Tyrael became mortal, his body began to form in his fall. He had a measure of control over this process, and as his goals were to ultimately benefit humanity, taking the form of a human was most ideal. After all, he would need to walk among humans and nephalem and fit in. It made sense to blend in.

Are you aware that Tyrael is blonde as stated clearly in Demonsbane?

He's always been on the side of the humans, has a lot of respect for humanity and really thinks humanity is the way to the future.

This is also wrong, his first appearance on sanctuary he wanted to eradicate the abominations. Only after Uldyssian Ul-Diomed final act, Tyrael's mind changed about humans/nephilem.

Also remember that there was once a truce struck between the High Heavens and Hells that neither side would interfere with the matters of mortals.

This is not true either; truce was made after parley with Mephisto, he mentioned that his "brother is beside himself. Therefore, I, who am also supreme, do indeed offer parley-and more! I offer...a truce." A pact was made only with Mephisto because "This world cost me my children, both who sought it's survival. I would also have it grow for their sakes". Which he is referring to Lucion his son and his daughter Lilith. The other two demon lord brothers are completely off subject during this parley.

During this parley, Mephisto wanted Inarious for the loss of his children and in return he would give the angels his "mark" and only his mark. At the same time he also wanted the angels "mark" as well. The angels whom blindly accepted a truce between Mephisto and no other of the burning hells.

Tyrael is actually one of the angels that agreed to this pact with Mephisto, as he said to Inarious before Mephisto took him "YOU HAVE BROUGHT THIS UPON YOURSELF BROTHER". So reading about his character from the original Sin War series. A reader would assume that there would have been another vote casted before the dispute between Imperius and Tyrael. Leading Tyrael to strip himself to a mere mortal is seriously questionable in contradiction.

As a Diablo player and Diablo reader (for a very long time). I could ask a series of questions that would have the entire Diablo department "scratching their heads". All leading as for the benefit of the Diablo universe, but seeing how most of the old players and lore love masters cease in asking these things because they simply go unanswered. Are you willing Nevalistis?
Edited by Breadzorz#1502 on 3/23/2015 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Tyrael still has his sword, so that must count for something, right?

I am not sure how he can declare himself Wisdom, but he definitely still has some Justice power, only not as much because he is not a pure angel.

I think it's fine that Tyrael became a mortal, because as angels are made of light and sound, they could be able to lower their vibration/frequency to a more "solid" form.
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Chris
Tyrael's choice to become mortal was not a power play. Tyrael came to the (likely correct) conclusion that humanity was Creation's finest child, and that they were the future - a future in which Angel nor Demon had a role.

Plz, listen to books in act 5...
Edited by Lamack#1885 on 4/19/2015 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When Tyrael became mortal, his body began to form in his fall. He had a measure of control over this process, and as his goals were to ultimately benefit humanity, taking the form of a human was most ideal. After all, he would need to walk among humans and nephalem and fit in. It made sense to blend in.

I don't know if Tyrael had some control over his new mortal shape. Take a look in his falling video. When he chooses to leave the Angiris Council, his wings, those who gave him freedom of movement and identity as an angel, turn against him, becoming something like chains, bounding him to the humans as he choose to stay at their side. Maybe, his new mortal shape is a curse for betraying his original purpose in existence, to never let him forget for what he felt: the humans.
Reply Quote
Angiris Council (and indeed, all angels

Is is kinda false as the Prophet was an angel

So there exists an angel (excluding Tyrael) that went against heavens laws

Which means that statement is false

soz :(
Reply Quote
03/23/2015 01:12 AMPosted by Breadzorz

Are you aware that Tyrael is blonde as stated clearly in Demonsbane?

He's always been on the side of the humans, has a lot of respect for humanity and really thinks humanity is the way to the future.

This is also wrong, his first appearance on sanctuary he wanted to eradicate the abominations. Only after Uldyssian Ul-Diomed final act, Tyrael's mind changed about humans/nephilem.

Also remember that there was once a truce struck between the High Heavens and Hells that neither side would interfere with the matters of mortals.

This is not true either; truce was made after parley with Mephisto, he mentioned that his "brother is beside himself. Therefore, I, who am also supreme, do indeed offer parley-and more! I offer...a truce." A pact was made only with Mephisto because "This world cost me my children, both who sought it's survival. I would also have it grow for their sakes". Which he is referring to Lucion his son and his daughter Lilith. The other two demon lord brothers are completely off subject during this parley.

During this parley, Mephisto wanted Inarious for the loss of his children and in return he would give the angels his "mark" and only his mark. At the same time he also wanted the angels "mark" as well. The angels whom blindly accepted a truce between Mephisto and no other of the burning hells.

Tyrael is actually one of the angels that agreed to this pact with Mephisto, as he said to Inarious before Mephisto took him "YOU HAVE BROUGHT THIS UPON YOURSELF BROTHER". So reading about his character from the original Sin War series. A reader would assume that there would have been another vote casted before the dispute between Imperius and Tyrael. Leading Tyrael to strip himself to a mere mortal is seriously questionable in contradiction.

As a Diablo player and Diablo reader (for a very long time). I could ask a series of questions that would have the entire Diablo department "scratching their heads". All leading as for the benefit of the Diablo universe, but seeing how most of the old players and lore love masters cease in asking these things because they simply go unanswered. Are you willing Nevalistis?

why u no do references!
Edited by Jeebreader#1466 on 5/1/2015 5:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]