Diablo® III

Who filled the spot for you?

Quoting Jenpeezey regarding friends in game: "When players exit, new players will inevitably fill spots".

It had me think...
I first started with only 5 RL friends. My friend list only contained 5 RL people altogether when D3 first came out. We played every night for many months.

Then, 3 exited and filled my list with 100 new friends.

Last night, still 41 people were playing which I consider to be not bad.

For example, lameboi, zhouxin, juicehouse, aphraell, jellyroc, Canac exited. Mnz, dolynick, Issachen, lintrasu, Bangarang entered.

so...list goes on. Big part of it has to do with being active in the forum. and you find out that majority of them are cool I think.

Void will be gone. but someone will replace his spot eventually.

I think saying goodbye is hard.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 11/12/2013 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
depends on the hole.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
You know, I don't mean to sound cruel, but I just move on. If someone leaves, they leave, I'm not going to hold them back for their choices. I'll put in my two cents why someone should stay, but if they're dead set on their decisions, then they have all the right in the world to stick to them.

Just for fun, if Void departs for good, the one thing I can look forward to is StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void.

Just kidding. I'll keep your Triumvirate safe, Void. Meanwhile, WTS my old Triumvirate. Only about 1.5K DPS difference and some vit off.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
I had 8 people online once! That's an achievement for me. My best online friends all quit, so now I wander the forums aimlessly looking for someone to take me in :P
Edited by Bukizzle#1560 on 11/12/2013 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
I would tell you, but that would require I actually log into the game client rather than the forum...
Reply Quote
Yoda, you didn't understand what I said. There will be players to play with and do runs with. That's what guilds and forum communities are for.

Nobody replaces the person.

If you think Void will be replaced for me, I can tell you, yoda, he will not be.
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 09:52 AMPosted by Jaetch
You know, I don't mean to sound cruel, but I just move on

yes...out of 5 times when I quit, 4 of them had to do with someone quitting from my friend list.
I hate it when someone says "i'm done" (although I said it like 5x already).
Just like juicehouse, you should leave silently (yes, I'm guilty of it).

If I ever see peezey, melkor, doly, darshu, kiza, piehole, even flo gone...then that would be the time...

I only see Jaetch as the last man standing.
Reply Quote
I am curious how the guilds will work. I play with a fair bit of regulars that I picked up from public games. We see each other almost every day.

It is interesting that as friends I played with for months move on I get new friends.
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 09:59 AMPosted by jenpeezey
Yoda, you didn't understand what I said. There will be players to play with and do runs with. That's what guilds and forum communities are for.

I know what you meant. I'm not saying Void will be disappearing in the air. I still think about Zhouxin, Juicehouse, Carnac and others. I am also not saying these new people are replacing the lost ones.

I am agreeing that your old gaming partners will be replaced by another new members and the game will go on.

BTW, why did I get unfriended by you? Just wondering...
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 11/12/2013 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
I rode MrDuMa pretty hard for awhile after Paranoyed left for RL issues. I miss trolling him.
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 10:03 AMPosted by PieHole
Paranoyed left for RL issues.

Paranoyed and Joemommy are two people who trolled the forum really hard.
I miss them. Joemommy was cool in the chat even though I don't think I ever played with him. He seemed like such a gentleman.
but Paranoyed and Joemommy are replaced by Mnz and MrDuma both Australians, right?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
11/12/2013 10:00 AMPosted by yodatoy
I only see Jaetch as the last man standing.

I've quit once before. I'm sure there are day 1 players who haven't cashed out entirely before.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
yodatoy you owe me a game or 2 before you inevitably quit again.

Bro-date. 11/12/13?
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 10:03 AMPosted by yodatoy
BTW, why did I get unfriended by you? Just wondering...

The night we were playing crazy wizard builds for laughs, you were extremely bossy toward me and ordered me to go on my monk. We've played several runs together since then, thanks to FloMaxx.
Reply Quote
When my HC wizards died, p 27, p40, p50, p47, p90, and lost about 10billion hc gold with them, many of the HC players severed ties with me because I came to SC. My colleages were quickly replaced with friendly gameplay and advice from so many from this wizard community. Namely through mumble, but have always been either a listening ear or a helping hand, or useful advice. I learned so much about gems from Melkor and not sure if he know but this the is reason I've come so far with my personal ingame finances.

Met yoda via the forums, because he was the bigger man and friend requested me(probably out of frustration) for my constant trolling.
Reply Quote
I found out about the game of Diablo 3 quite literally on launch day. I downloaded it and was hooked immediately. I think I leveled 25 times on day 1, lol.

I had a few friends that I made after hitting level 60. Levels 1-60 were in single player mode, no pubs, and no AH. I didn't even understand what the Auction House was. Didn't read forums and led a very compartmentalized experience.

I made some friends once I hit 60 and couldn't progress through the Weeping Hollow. I think there were about 8-10 of us - and none of them, including one RL friend, are still here.

Soon after I met a group of friends (not from the forums) and none of them play the game regularly anymore, save one, and she only plays HC and she sort of moved to a group of more like minded individuals.

What brought me to the forums was actually the AH; after finally going on there and seeing how abysmal my gear was in comparison to what was for sale on there. (I'm talking, BAD, like finding bracers on the AH that had more stats on them than my current ones + my shoulders combined)

Forum peeps have just always been more into the game than anyone I found "on my own" IN the game.

And when any one of them leave, no one fills their spot. That's their spot. I cling to the silly hope that they will return one day and we can run again.
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 10:13 AMPosted by jenpeezey
The night we were playing crazy wizard builds for laughs, you were extremely bossy toward me and ordered me to go on my monk.

oing? I was bossy? did I come across being bossy? hmmm...

actually, one time, I asked Boozor "invite me" and he didn't invite me b/c I didn't say "plz"...

man...gotta be really polite huh...
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 10:23 AMPosted by yodatoy
The night we were playing crazy wizard builds for laughs, you were extremely bossy toward me and ordered me to go on my monk.

oing? I was bossy? did I come across being bossy? hmmm...

actually, one time, I asked Boozor "invite me" and he didn't invite me b/c I didn't say "plz"...

man...gotta be really polite huh...

So bossy yoda ! T_T

Naw i'm just busting your balls, was only kidding.

I remember when Aimless was on my friends list.

I bossed him around one run because he was so inefficient at looting he unfriended me the same day.
Reply Quote
Yoda, it's not a big deal. We still play together. Nobody bosses me around without giving me the proper foreplay first.
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 10:31 AMPosted by jenpeezey
We still play together.

Let me complete my friend list by "requesting" you to be a friend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]