Diablo® III

Mystic/Loot 2.0 Affix Question

I asked this question in the general forums a few days ago but didn't get a reply so I am asking here.

As I was looking through some of the new items revealed at Blizzcon, I noticed something different. What do the different colored "bullet points" just before each stat affix represent? Some are grey and others are orange. Here are some screenshots of what I am talking about.

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/54/372/80.jpg
http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/54/358/66.jpg
http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/54/349/57.jpg

I was thinking they represented which affixes can be enchanted/rerolled, but that would be a real downer if that were true and I couldn't reroll the 1 yard pickup radius affix to something else. Do you guys think this is the case?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/12/2013 03:15 PMPosted by RageSmash
What do the different colored "bullet points" just before each stat affix represent?

Great observation! In Reaper of Souls you might notice that some affixes on items have an orange diamond next to it, and they're meant to indicate the affix will not be calculated in the item comparison tool. In other words, any affix with an orange diamond next to it won't change the red or green numbers in the item window.
Reply Quote
Honestly, what's the point in having that? Seems like it creates more confusion than it solves...
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Maka
Honestly, what's the point in having that? Seems like it creates more confusion than it solves...

I love it. If there are no orange diamonds, it means the stat comparison is accurate. If there are orange diamonds, it means there are extra things I need to consider.

In an ideal world, Blizzard eliminates the need for orange diamonds by including everything, but I'm guessing that's not really possible.
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Gergall

I love it. If there are no orange diamonds, it means the stat comparison is accurate. If there are orange diamonds, it means there are extra things I need to consider.

In an ideal world, Blizzard eliminates the need for orange diamonds by including everything, but I'm guessing that's not really possible.

The orange diamonds aren't on things that they forgot to/couldn't take into account. They are on things that don't affect the comparison. How do you evaluate the impact of magic find, or movement speed, or indestructible?
Reply Quote
I didn't even look at the screenshots. I assumed they were on things like "Increase damage versus Elites" or "Reduce damage taken from ranged attacks" where the adjustments are conditional.

If the orange diamonds are just being used for stuff like movement speed then yes, that seems to only create confusion (case in point!)

Also, why is indestructible still an affix in RoS?
Reply Quote
I like the idea and all, maybe it could be improved upon and maybe not. It does kind of hit on theory crafting ever so slightly. I will probably need to use other sights for the best stat comparison between weapons if this is the final form they go with on gear.
Reply Quote
What's the meaning of that 'PH' in the icon?
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Plywood
What's the meaning of that 'PH' in the icon?

Placeholder maybe? Anyway I assume it isn't something well see when the final items are released.
Reply Quote
Yeah PH stands for placeholder
Reply Quote
I didn't even look at the screenshots. I assumed they were on things like "Increase damage versus Elites" or "Reduce damage taken from ranged attacks" where the adjustments are conditional.

If the orange diamonds are just being used for stuff like movement speed then yes, that seems to only create confusion (case in point!)

Also, why is indestructible still an affix in RoS?

Yeah, it's on stuff like MS, pick up radius, GF, etc. Like we need to be reminded that 'Gold find' has no effect on Health, Damage or Protection........ -_-
Reply Quote
What's up with all these 1-2 pickup radius stats? (You can get 5-7 now) 1 Paragon Point=0.5 Yard, so 2 yard=4 points=20 main stat.
Reply Quote

The orange diamonds aren't on things that they forgot to/couldn't take into account. They are on things that don't affect the comparison. How do you evaluate the impact of magic find, or movement speed, or indestructible?

Simple. You looking for items? Looking to run around faster? What about trying to avoid ever needing to repair that piece of equipment?

For someone, those could be game changers. (Probably shouldn't be that massive of an impact, but I'm sure someone is willing to lose .5% crit chance for 20% magic find. Someone out there will be willing to make that trade.)

Forgot to mention Pickup Radius. That's probably not figured in either. Yes, for some people, it's just a convenience thing. But for some builds (WD especially) it could be crucial to how your build works.
Edited by Sandman366#1292 on 11/14/2013 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Grimiku
What do the different colored "bullet points" just before each stat affix represent?

Great observation! In Reaper of Souls you might notice that some affixes on items have an orange diamond next to it, and they're meant to indicate the affix will not be calculated in the item comparison tool. In other words, any affix with an orange diamond next to it won't change the red or green numbers in the item window.

That's actually a great QoL improvement and will be especially useful when looting in high capacities or after a long run.
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Cyberbeni
What's up with all these 1-2 pickup radius stats? (You can get 5-7 now) 1 Paragon Point=0.5 Yard, so 2 yard=4 points=20 main stat.

It seems Pickup Radius will be utilized to a far greater degree in 2.0/RoS, i.e; new legendary affixes directly synergize with it, not to mention some affixes might tie it to existing skills.

Overall I think Pickup Radius will become a lot more valuable for certain specs, hence it's lowered values.
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 02:04 PMPosted by DamienJohn

It seems Pickup Radius will be utilized to a far greater degree in 2.0/RoS, i.e; new legendary affixes directly synergize with it, not to mention some affixes might tie it to existing skills.

Overall I think Pickup Radius will become a lot more valuable for certain specs, hence it's lowered values.

You can get 25 yard from paragon points.
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Cyberbeni

You can get 25 yard from paragon points.

Yep, and that figure is only possible after 200 Paragon Levels and ignoring the other Utility stats. :)
Reply Quote
hey whatya know, those items STILL LOOK BORING
Reply Quote
Hmm.. I think it's better if its reversed. I think it's better for the orange diamond to be used for affixes that are included in item comparison and the the ones that aren't should stay with black diamond. The first thought that came to my mind when I saw those is "this orange diamond might be something important". I mean, I think it's logical enough to denote something that is of importance, not the other way around, relatively and subjectively speaking. :)
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Grimiku

Seems to me like the colours should be flipped. Orange for the affixes that are used in calculation. Grey for the affixes that are not used.

Colour is positive. Grey is negative. Relatively speaking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]