Diablo® III

Pure summoner/summoning 1.08 build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Chuck-1311/hero/8476370

This is what I have now, I love it, live it (in game only lol) and roll with it. Can drag others through MP5 and is fun and semi-comfortable to run MP7. Great for groups due to great meat shield possibility and my own attacks are all area. At MP7 it is not a solo and do not really expect it to be. I refuse to sacrifice my dogs because they usually outlive me, just wondering if there is any constructive advice? I posted this a few builds ago and the answers I got were amazing! Hoping for something similar. Hopefully this may help others not as far along too and don't listen to anyone you can build a pure summoner.

Chuck#1311 if you have questions or want to play.
Reply Quote
Yes,I also tried to create a summoner build.I ended with something like:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aZUXYT!dWV!abaYcc
It works quite well (though you need high attack speed to trigger Fetish Syncopates often) and is fun to play,however,it does not work above MP5 yet.I recommend to obtain a shield with a 10% CC,high armor and vitality and bonus to a primary skill in use.That'll make your pets more survivable.
Reply Quote
Mind if I ask you why you picked up a Thing of the Deep? It doesn't seem to synergize with any of your abilities in particular.
Reply Quote
I've always wanted to run this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WbYTPh!dWV!YZbZba

With Loot 2.0/RoS I'm finally going to pursue this.

Proposed legendary affixes that may boost this build's potential (as best as I can remember them):

~Plague of Toads seek enemies and can explode twice
~Locust Swarm lasts much longer (double duration? 5 minutes? can't remember)
~Fetishes last until they die.

Gear: Stack atk speed to the max to get tons of fetishes. Mana will not be an issue as the only big mana spender is one that makes no sense to spam.

Dagger + shield maybe?

If not dealing enough damage quickly enough spider queen could be replaced with CoB or Plague Bats or some other dmg dealing skill. Might still be able to max atk spd as it'd be used in bursts more than constantly.

If thorns and regen get high enough could switch Zombie Handler for Fierce Loyalty.

Is there a known maximum number of fetishes? If so maybe either Syncophants or Army could be replaced.
Reply Quote
Also, I wanted to comment on this thread so that my username could say hi to OP's username.

Perhaps for namesake we should be friends (though I won't be on much because I'm crazy busy with school until April).

WhatsUpChuck#1763
Reply Quote
This looks like a pet build with an occasional use of fetishes. If you are going to use the active skill Fetish Army, then use the passive GI so you can get that 2 minute cool down to something more reasonable.
Reply Quote
I run my full pet build on mp9 and mp10. Mp10 is slow though. I will be wble to run mp10 efficiently when i get to 200k dps. The trick gor survival is life regen at 4k, stun/freeze chance at 8% or greater, high aps, 4k armor, and at least 700 all resist. Desicrate is the all that kills my pets. I run with two others using thus build. We end up with 15 to 30 fetishes runninv around. If you want to join us, just friend request me.
Reply Quote
I've always wanted to run this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WbYTPh!dWV!YZbZba

With Loot 2.0/RoS I'm finally going to pursue this.

Proposed legendary affixes that may boost this build's potential (as best as I can remember them):

~Plague of Toads seek enemies and can explode twice
~Locust Swarm lasts much longer (double duration? 5 minutes? can't remember)
~Fetishes last until they die.

Actually, the affix said "Your Fetish Army lasts until they die," so I'm led to believe it won't impact the Sycophants. Also, I don't think there is a max to Sycophants, but the most I've ever had out was around 12. Using Fetish Army kills all your Sycophants, so I try to avoid that skill seeing as Blizz killed all potential synergy.

P.S. I've put together a list of all the proposed Legendary affixes I thought would help summoners like us in RoS, so in case anyone's interested:

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_520_x1 - Chance on hit to summon a herd of murderous cows.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_526_x1 - Pets deal 100% more damage.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_554_x1 - Increase attack speed of your pets by 100%.
ItemPassive_Unique_Amulet_105_x1 - After earning a massacre bonus, summon forth 5-10 skeletal guardians for 45 seconds.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_600_x1 - Summons shadow clones to your aid when you stun an enemy.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_643_x1 - Blocks have a chance of summoning a hell hound.
•ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_549_x1 - Zombie Dogs stuns enemies around them for 1 second when summoned.
•ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_550_x1 - Zombie Dogs take 30% of any damage dealt to you.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_523_x1 - Summon a Fetish Army after you kill 2 Elites.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_552_x1 - Reduce the cooldown of Fetish Army and Big Bad Voodoo by 1 second each time your fetishes deal damage.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_596_x1 - Your Fetish Army lasts until they die.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_624_x1 - Zombie Dogs instead summons a single gargantuan dog with the power of all other dogs combined.

And here's the proposed change for Fetish Army and the new Passive:
Fetish Army Cooldown: 120 seconds / Summon an army of 5 dagger-wielding Fetishes to fight by your side for 20 seconds. The Fetishes attack for 130% of your weapon damage as Physical.

Midnight Feast
You can have 1 additional Zombie Dog summoned at one time. The damage of your Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan is increased 50%.
Edited by Brock#1747 on 11/14/2013 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
As it stands now when you pop fetish army, all the fetish' from the sycophant drop, so you only have what you have.

Explosive Toads, Unstable Form Hex, Pyrogiest, Searing locust, and for those oh sheet moments, Soul Harvest/Languish and Spirit Walk/Jaunt.

Passives: GI/GF/ and FS

Get your attack speed up to two or higher, right now I have it at 2.14, thats six toads a second. At 169% ea. Now couple that with the Hex and the Locust, plus all the little fetishes that pop out from the toad attack. Now, you're running and gunning. This, for me atleast, is a kite build, no mana worries, and I do speed runs on mp6 currently.

But, this is how I see it, good luck.
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Brock
Using Fetish Army kills all your Sycophants, so I try to avoid that skill seeing as Blizz killed all potential synergy.

Did not know that.

I'd change it to this then: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WbYTih!dWV!YZbZca

Replaced Army for Hex.

Legendary for seeking/double-explode toads would be the focal point as it would essentially turn an okay skill into an awesome main dmg/no mana cost skill.
I'd also focus on getting the legendaries that boost pet dmg/atk speed.
Reply Quote
I have gear that pumps the atk spd up to 3.5, but its sub par gear, just for testing. But I can run mp5 with it pretty easily, at only 73k dps.
Edited by Viserin#1567 on 11/15/2013 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I started a 2nd doc to get the feel for this build. I've made another change as well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WiYTUR!dWV!YZbZaZ

Switched out locust swarm for Acid Cloud: Lob Blob Bomb.

The blobs are another summon (albeit very short) and do moving AoE dmg. While not terribly powerful, they're still taking up more space on the screen, being another barricade between enemies and myself. They also proc the chance for a Fetish.

For now I'm using darts as primary attack. For RoS I'd use toads once I get the legendary to boost 'em.

Anyone know if/how proc rates affect Fetish Sycophants? Any primary attacks work better than other?
Reply Quote
I've heard (and tested) Firebats works great for proccing Fetishes. My latest builds have involved stacking attack speed and using Hungry Bats to great effect.

Lob Blob Bomb is great too, but you can't efficiently split your mana between Firebats and Acid Cloud, so I personally switched to Firebats instead.
Reply Quote
Ok, so I am now totally sold on Widowmakers + Acid Rain for my 2 main skills, second 2 being soul harvest and Horrify, and 3rd 2 being dogs and garg. MP5 is now fun. I sent some invites, hope to see you guys in-game!
Reply Quote
I started a WD because I liked the idea of having a summoner. I have always liked pet based classes in games, my main in WoW was a lock.

I leveled with a summoner build and ended up with something close to this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fRYUdT!YTc!cacZca

I didn't try it out on anything over MP2 or 3. I recently switched to CoB just for fun. What are your kill speeds like for leet and champ packs in MP5? I'll send a friend invite, usually play solo but that can get a bit boring.
Reply Quote
Brock, Cosmo, and I had a pretty fun MP5 run. Anyone else who still enjoys this game or wants some assistance feel free to send me an invite!
Reply Quote
Speaking of summoner builds, i keep hearing people clamor about the desire for ranged attackers. There is a helm, Carnevil (Carneval? …something like that), that has your fetishes fire a poison dart every time you fire a poison dart. Not sure if splinters rune would proc three sots per fetish, but nevertheless, it seems like it could be pretty awesome if you use sycophants spawned from PB. (I wish an icon would come up for the spawned fetishes so we knew how many we had.)
Reply Quote
could be an awesome combo with that ring that makes your fetishes last until they day.

Also…i know this is for 2.0, not 1.8, but still, always good to speculate.
Edited by ButteryNugs#1889 on 12/17/2013 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok I was wondering why I had no idea what items you were talking about. There is a sword out now that can summon a gigantic red demon but unfortunately it is 2 handed. That helm would be awesome and icons for fetishes controlled would be nice too. An item that makes fetishes semi-perm would be awesome. Iron golem too. Oops sorry wrong class!
Reply Quote
Well, the sword (Maximus) has been out since vanilla.

On the other hand, I found a Carnevil myself last night, and it's actually really fun. I can confirm the Fetishes will only fire the basic Poison Dart, not the runed version that you're character uses. They actually do pretty fair damage, and the helm's stats are great too!

Lastly, I have seen people link their amulets in-game and one of them summons two shadow clones to your side. They mimic your spells and do a percentage of your damage, and tank a little for you as well. First summoning amulet I've seen so far in PTR.

Edit: Aha, I found it! Check it out here: http://imageshack.us/a/img545/6466/kpgs.jpg
Edited by Brock#1747 on 12/18/2013 7:12 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]