Diablo® III

Current Well Geared & RoS

11/13/2013 11:30 AMPosted by page
If that's the case, then there is no problem. But that's something some of us haven't seen. I've never seen a level cap raise without an Expac

You dont need to raise the level cap for the new difficulties, that is the beauty of it, it works exactly the same for lvl 60 chars as for lvl 70 chars, only difference is, that with lvl 70 you will encounter lvl 70 monsters.
So you can play torment as a lvl 60 char as much as you want.

It's been quoted that Torment unlocks at level 70. And if Torment is essentially "MP 10 or above" then I'm losing content by NOT purchasing RoS
Reply Quote
aw, an "Apocalypse" difficulty would have been sweet. you should reconsider putting that in game.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

One of our big goals with Reaper of Souls is to give players more control over their game experience,

And BoA supports this "control" how?
Reply Quote
MVP
11/13/2013 11:35 AMPosted by JaqenHghar
You still haven't answered how MP is going to average out against a party of widely different exp levels. Are you saying that my P100 barb is going to face a monster that is equal to me and the Lvl 35 Monk attacking it with me? I can't wait to see how this works out!

I'm sorry, I can't answer that question as I don't know how it will work.

At this point, neither does Blizzard.

(I do not work for Blizzard Entertainment, I am merely just a player with a different text color)
Reply Quote
How does this actually effect game play, in terms of leveling progress:

(*Right now there’s: Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, and Torment I-V. Currently, Master unlocks at 61 and Torment unlocks at 70, but once unlocked they’re available for all characters on your account.)

For example I have played self found hardcore on MP 10, from the level 1, and I usually get to normal Izcatu...... and die.... cant kill those shadow things fast enough. As there is going to be no AH on RoS, and you have access to customizable difficulty in RoS, there are some unexpected similarities.
And here is the...problem, issue...what ever it is.

I get consistently to level 33 when playing MP 10, from the start of normal Act 1 to start of Normal Act 4 and about level 40 at end of Normal difficulty.
There is obviously one more act to play in RoS, but if the level cap is 70 and the difficulty settings work similarly to current MP levels, there is no way that you can get to level 70 from one run threw the story mode. Taking account that higher levels need more exp, you haven't really progress even to halfway by completing the story or campaign mode, as it currently is.

As the RoS scales by hero level, this means that you have progressed somewhere around halfway......or as it scales by hero level same where slightly above halfway point.
As there is open ended hero progress in form of Paragon 2.0 and I would consider endgame in Diablo to be finding the highest tier of gear, I would not consider leveling characters even in Adventure mode to be the actual endgame.
There for I see no reason why I shouldn't get to the level cap from simply playing the campaign mode threw ones, at least in some instances.
One self serving reason being if i happen to be so masochistic that I would like to set the difficulty to the highest possible setting that it goes from the start.

So can anyone lighten me about this issue?
Is it possible to get at level 70 from single play threw of the campaign mode, in order to get in the actual endgame at least in some instances, or if i make new character does the game still require me to essentially play the story mode multiple times to get at level cap of 70?
Reply Quote
11/13/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Sÿlak
MP 10 and above.
Above MP10 inferno? Groovy!

weapon damage is to triple or more, of course there will be above mp10.

its all relative though, more player damage and more health for monsters = exactly the same as now.

Groovy.
Reply Quote
@SonofRooster: I havent seen any post concerning any unlocking of difficulty by reaching a certain lvl. It would defeat the purpose of: all content at anytime approach, but who knows.
Reply Quote

(*Right now there’s: Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, and Torment I-V. Currently, Master unlocks at 61 and Torment unlocks at 70, but once unlocked they’re available for all characters on your account.)

Right here. This is what is bringing this question up. So if you don't purchase RoS, you don't get level cap raise?

This is a blue post.
Edited by SonofRooster#1136 on 11/13/2013 11:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
I don't understand... Where is the game? Why would I just want to constantly grind to 70 with no goals what so ever... I like some of the idea's, but allowing players so much freedom without any goal is a bad idea on sooo many levels.

Sure we've beat the game many times over, but when ladder comes most of us want to race to the top. And we need a fresh start for that...

Easy progression isn't going to help this game, it needs survivability, its needs ladder and a few key challenges for it, both personal and global. We need world-first feats each ladder and a greater challenge each other ladder to strive for.

Some players will be theorycrafting this for months, where to level to 70 and how to do it in a day even on a fresh ladder. I don't agree at all with being able to hit max level in a single day on a fresh start... It should not be possible but with full access players will find a way, and thats not fair to the people who like to actually play through the game as it was in D1 and D2 while still racing. Theres no way to compete in terms of XP while progression leveling.

As for way points, Diablo 2 had it right, you get the waypoint you earn it, for that difficulty only. No free way-points in adventure mode, please, I'd suggest you must earn them in either story or adventure and they link between modes but not difficulty.

Hardcore: Any challenge for the start ladder on hardcore as people can level easy without any real threat(and with all of your nerfs on monster damage there's alot of these areas). At this point the only challenge would be endgame... Which brings a sense of futility to a player while leveling.

Allowing people access to everything and dropping the difficulty tiers... people will just farm some ridiculously easy mob-type that are abundant, and for every-lvl because they can without having to do anything that is threatening...

Not only that, it allows them to directly challenge final bosses without any in-between. Meaning the accomplishment of killing say max-difficulty Diablo or Mathael won't be as grand, as you didnt have to face any other true obstacle that may have had its way with you.

Also I'm curious if damage will scale more with each difficulty/players. I mean when you guys released D3 every player in the game would add more damage, and you know, its only logical. the issue then was it was by to great a degree.

Then you up and removed it instead of balancing it and now it feels pointless to play solo as their is no real negative value to having a team, only positive: when there should be both.

No the minor HP increase doesn't really cut it xD Not when each player easily brings more then the difference. They need like 10% extra damage per player total thats 30 which ain't gamebreaking like it was on release(wasn't it 50% per +1 ?

Difficulty wise I'm sure you'll do it well. And I like the prospect of higher then MP10 difficulty BUT health scales way too much on them monsters. But with a fresh start(ladder) I may not care about that last point as if the game feels quality I will be very keen on playing it longer.

The last point is loot. If loot is too easy to acquire, then once again the challenge may not exist, But it looks like you may have embraced the legendary being a or b idea
a)Build-changers and very rare or,
b) powerful to legendarily-powerful and the rarest thing in the game

Either way I am excited, but little less excited after seeing this thread to be honest but still hopeful that you may look back at release and remember the issues then when thinking about what to do(Remember people skipping acts? I do. Wasn't fun. I quit softcore completely b/c of that after 200 hours spent)
Reply Quote
hm ok, this actually raises a question ...
Reply Quote
Hahaha My thoughts exactly!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/13/2013 10:54 AMPosted by SonofRooster
Did you read his post? He's saying that without RoS, you can't play Torment. So there would be no MP 10

Important thing to remember: The new difficulty settings don't have a direct 1-to-1 comparison with each Monster Power level. So, Torment isn't technically "MP 10"; MP 10 is just the closest comparison it has right now. At present, its overall difficulty is probably a little more challenging than MP 10 if you take into consideration dynamic difficulty (the fact that monsters level up with you) and all the combat pacing/skill changes we've made. On the other hand, Master (which unlocks at 60) feels somewhere between MP 8 and 10 at the moment.

On that note, another thing to remember: all these numbers and comparisons are 100% subject to change, especially as we start opening up the game to testing by more people. This is just where they right now. We want players who don't purchase the expansion to still feel like they can challenge themselves under this new system, so -- as an example -- it's entirely possible we might shift Torment to be somewhere around (comparatively) MP 11 and make Master more challenging as a result. It's also possible that we won't need to do this and that the current Master difficulty feels great at level 60. It's definitely not locked down at the moment; in fact, difficulty tuning is one of the last things we'll likely finalize, as so many other variables play into it.
Reply Quote
you guys seem to be making it more complicated than it really is. just wait for the blizzard "first look" blog on difficulties.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Right here. This is what is bringing this question up. So if you don't purchase RoS, you don't get level cap raise?

This is a blue post.

Correct. If you do not purchase Reaper of Souls, your level cap will remain at 60.

Also, just edited Grimiku's post (with what I imagine was a typo). Master unlocks at 60, not 61.
Reply Quote
11/13/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Dispirit
you guys seem to be making it more complicated than it really is. just wait for the blizzard "first look" blog on difficulties.

Well, I think I understand it.

-> Monsters level up when you do. This assures that "all" difficulty are viable. In Vanilla, Normal, Nightmare and Hell were mostly "dead" difficulty aside from certain Legendary. Most people played Inferno. Now, even Normal is viable if you want to breeze through content with a chance of getting every loot.

-> The difficulty (Normal to Torment) increases your potential reward. They also increase the power of monsters. Are rift, keys and plans (etc) going to be "Difficulty based", we don't know yet (I hope not).

-> New difficulty are unlocked as you level up. It's like in some RPGs, where you unlock additional difficulties for doing certain things.
Reply Quote
So with the new difficulties, will monster damage be tuned down with the removal of life steal?
Reply Quote
Do they also level any with Paragon levels?
Reply Quote

This is a blue post.

Correct. If you do not purchase Reaper of Souls, your level cap will remain at 60.

Also, just edited Grimiku's post (with what I imagine was a typo). Master unlocks at 60, not 61.

Ok! That's all I needed. SO people who DO NOT purchase will get Master but nothing higher. I'm not trying to sound like a @@#!*!@! or anything. I just wanted to know how this is going to work without purchasing RoS. I would like to in the future but we'll see how things are when it gets closer to that time.

Thank you, Lylirra!
Reply Quote
*imagines how hard estimated Torment would stomp current chars into the ground* O_O
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]