Diablo® III

Current Well Geared & RoS

I just hope the highest difficulties or like you said MP11 doesnt mean 1 billion HP on every mob, whole problem with MP10 its that HP levels, game should be hard, because monsters have challenging affix combinations, more swift attacks, better AI, higher density and NOT only tons of hp which birthed very OP cm and ww builds, if killing monster is about lowering milions of hp of course other builds or items that dont give perma freeze or perma swirl will be inferior and underused.

TR:DL make top difficulties challenging but NOT by stacking tons of hp on every monster
Edited by Revan#2827 on 11/13/2013 12:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Our only option when they make a change we don't like is to simply stop playing the game or suck it up and play anyway. Get it?

By god, he's right! Close the damned forum, all this talk about the game is ridiculous! If you like it, play it; if you don't, then don't!
DOWN WITH ALL FEEDBACK!!!!
Reply Quote
First, to the OP - I REALLY hope current gear gets replaced over time for RoS stuff otherwise, why would you even bother playing if there's no new reward to get?

Also, half of that DPS your barbar has is more than enough to cruise through current MP10 so, lol...you'll be completely fine!

To people freaking out about difficulty level access with/without RoS...stuff still not even in Beta and you demanding concrete answers?!

Give it time, that's the kind of thing that will be on blogs, posts, blue posts, fan sites, threads, more threads, even more threads and than fan sites again and than on blue posts yet again...and that's even before release of xpak..seriously.

The only thing I really would like to ask for RoS, specifically for dif scaling, is a system that can live for much longer than current MP10, even though I know the shortcoming of current system was heavily impacted by the AH and LS, along with few stats bringing so much benefits (trifecta).

Make a system that really top-tiered players still cannot farm easily, so that even them can have something to struggle for after decking out on GG gear in the long run.
I'm truly speaking of something in the lines of difficulties that with really high-end top of the line gear would still have a success rate of -30%.

While I do know that would arise QQ all over the place saying that they should be able to tackle on the highest possible difficulty if they have really high-end gear, I believe that type of setting could allow for objectives after decking out on gear.
Reply Quote
11/13/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Veracruz
As for way points, Diablo 2 had it right, you get the waypoint you earn it, for that difficulty only. No free way-points in adventure mode, please, I'd suggest you must earn them in either story or adventure and they link between modes but not difficulty.

There are no free waypoints. You unlock adventure mode after completing the parallel act in campaign mode first, which means you'll also be going through all those waypoints already.

Also, the new difficulties are more like MP. This was never a debate when they added MP. No one said that each higher MP level should take stuff away from you. It was only a measure of how strong the monsters were as well as receiving other bonuses to loot and xp to balance it.
Reply Quote
One of our big goals with Reaper of Souls is to give players more control over their game experience, and that applies to difficulty as well. As part of that goal, we’re removing the tiered difficulty system (the one that requires you to work your way through Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno) that exists right now. We’re replacing it with something that’s more open, and (more importantly) won’t require you to play through the story multiple times if you don’t want to.

So, the Normal > Nightmare > Hell > Inferno progression path is gone. Instead, starting in the pre-expansion patch, you’ll find that monsters will level up as you do, and they’ll gain additional affixes depending on what level range they’re in. You’ll be able to influence monster damage, health, and rewards by selecting one of nine new difficulty settings* as well, similar to the way Monster Power works currently. The result is that you should have a lot more freedom in customizing your level of challenge without worrying about multiple playthroughs of the story to get there.

This is just a rough overview of how the new difficulties will work in Reaper of Souls. We'll have more details on the new difficulty settings in the future, so be sure to keep an eye out for them! Also, keep in mind that these could all change before we ship.

(*Right now there’s: Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, and Torment I-V. Currently, Master unlocks at 60 and Torment unlocks at 70, but once unlocked they’re available for all characters on your account.)

That is...awesome.
Reply Quote

This is just where they right now.

Can I AX you a question?
Reply Quote
SunofRooster, I don't think you should really be looking at it as if not buying RoS will deny you content you already have access to. You are getting the same exact content even if you don't have access to torment 1-5. Those are only difficulty levels.

Not only that, but they will be balanced around lvl 70 gear/abilities anyway and since it's probably going to be higher than mp10... how do you propose to accomplish running mp10+ without life steal with lvl 60 gear?

What I'm saying is, it sounds like you wouldn't even be able to do it anyway even if it was unlocked. I mean, I guess you could at least try but... more incentive to buy RoS. And since it's mp10+ it's not like you're actually losing anything you have now. You just aren't gaining more. That's what buying an expansion set is for... more content. That's why you buy it.

My suggestion is to just buy RoS lol they're making so many improvements and already being nice and just including most of them for free without the purchase of RoS, that there's really no room to complain for not getting MORE for free.
Edited by Godric#1954 on 11/13/2013 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

On that note, another thing to remember: all these numbers and comparisons are 100% subject to change, especially as we start opening up the game to testing by more people.

hmmmm?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/13/2013 01:06 PMPosted by dschnitzel
Can I AX you a question?

Verbs, man. They me every time.
Reply Quote
11/13/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Lylirra
So, Torment isn't technically "MP 10"; MP 10 is just the closest comparison it has right now. At present, its overall difficulty is probably a little more challenging than MP 10 if you take into consideration dynamic difficulty (the fact that monsters level up with you) and all the combat pacing/skill changes we've made. On the other hand, Master (which unlocks at 60) feels somewhere between MP 8 and 10 at the moment.

YES!!!

I like that I am currently able to handle the (current) max difficulty, but on the other hand I miss the fear and aggravation of trying to survive early iterations of Inferno. If you could make torment similar in difficulty to original Inferno (but without the spirit crushing brick wall of terrible item drops that loot 2.0 will address) I would be a happy camper.

Currently I have to set personal goals to stay engaged (ie- 200k dps unbuffed, or max attk speed with great EHP and see what max mp I can clear). But I'd love to have the goal be implied: "Handle yourself in Torment without getting your butt handed to you."

I want something that I can almost never out level, and that remains a challenge, yet manageable after enough progression.
Reply Quote
11/13/2013 12:44 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
I like how the blues have derailed this topic :) The OP just wanted to know how current well-geared players will perform in RoS.

My question was answered by a combination of a few different posts. From what I gather, current well geared players will be able to Hard for sure, and perhaps Expert (questionable). Master and up, no way. That's what I gathered from the various blue posts.
Reply Quote
View profile
Can I make a suggestion.

Instead of removing the difficulty that is known to everyone in this game
- normal
- nightmare
- hell
- inferno
translate the name into the new difficulties

Nightmare
= normal/basic/standard (whatever you like to name them)
elite 1 affix +1 per 10 player level after 30 (max 5 affix)
Hell
= Hard
elite 2 affix +1 per 10 player level after 30 (max 6 affix)
Inferno
= Expert
elite 3 affix +1 per 10 player level after 30 (max 7 affix)
Torment
= Master
elite 4 affix +1 per 10 player level after 30 (max 8 affix)
Incessant Perdition
= Torment (and not just 1-4 but 8-12 or even 18 levels to pick from)

Make it diabolic, naming should stand on top of a Gothic feel and not some adventurous progression in Game.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 11/13/2013 1:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Can I make a suggestion.

Instead of removing the difficulty that is known to everyone in this game
- normal
- nightmare
- hell
- inferno
translate the name into the new difficulties

Nightmare
= normal/basic/standard (whatever you like to name them)
elite 1 affix +1 per 10 player level after 30 (max 5 affix)
Hell
= Hard
elite 2 affix +1 per 10 player level after 30 (max 6 affix)
Inferno
= Expert
elite 3 affix +1 per 10 player level after 30 (max 7 affix)
Torment
= Master
Incessant Perdition
= Torment (and not just 1-4 but 8-12 or even 18 levels to pick from)

Make it diabolic, naming should stand on top of a Gothic feel and not some adventurous progression in Game.

This is exactly what I was saying earlier. I am intrigued by the new difficulties and think they will make it interesting to challenge yourself for reward. I just believe that you HAVE to keep the Nightmare/Hell/Inferno labels. Although I have to disagree with Incessant Perdition, sorry KirusAlufras.
Reply Quote
I just would like to have a very hard content. The original Nerf on Diablo difficulty is what i didnt like.
We need challenging stuff, everything will become boring easy. So please stop nerfing and dumbing down stuff. Its the nowadays trend.

Make it harder.
Reply Quote
SunofRooster, I don't think you should really be looking at it as if not buying RoS will deny you content you already have access to. You are getting the same exact content even if you don't have access to torment 1-5. Those are only difficulty levels.

Not only that, but they will be balanced around lvl 70 gear/abilities anyway and since it's probably going to be higher than mp10... how do you propose to accomplish running mp10+ without life steal with lvl 60 gear?

What I'm saying is, it sounds like you wouldn't even be able to do it anyway even if it was unlocked. I mean, I guess you could at least try but... more incentive to buy RoS. And since it's mp10+ it's not like you're actually losing anything you have now. You just aren't gaining more. That's what buying an expansion set is for... more content. That's why you buy it.

My suggestion is to just buy RoS lol they're making so many improvements and already being nice and just including most of them for free without the purchase of RoS, that there's really no room to complain for not getting MORE for free.

My original question wasn't about the difficulties. It was if people who don't purchase RoS, will get the level cap increase as well if this new difficulty mechanic goes into place. This is to better understand the timeline as well as the situation for all players

As I've said in a few other posts, I do plan on purchasing RoS eventually. But that time will come. If it's not on drop date, then I plan on playing what I can.
Reply Quote
You all keep saying you want to give players more control over their gaming experience.

"Soul-binding" all end-game gear has determined this was a lie.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]