Diablo® III

How did Cain survive the fall?

Everytime I watch this amazingly beautiful cinematic, I'm like: "How did he survive that fall?"

He doesn't have powers. And the fall was long, in a hellfire pit from the impact of an archangel falling from the sky.

I mean, c'mon. All those people working at Blizzard and no one to say: "Hey... that doesn't make any sense at all. We should write it differently."

Or maybe someone can explain it to me?
Edited by bearr#2157 on 11/8/2013 2:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
The real Cain is out there somewhere. That was one of belial's elite lieutenants.
Reply Quote
Makes more sense thanks!
Reply Quote
Because tyrael's Life energies resurrected those unjustly slain. Obviously this included Cain, who was just innocently studying like he does when a great bloody space person falls on him. Unlike the zombies, he wasn't decayed at all because he was only dead for a couple seconds.
Reply Quote
Ah... I guess... that makes sense. Then, he died twice.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 10:35 PMPosted by bearr
Ah... I guess... that makes sense. Then, he died twice.

well, I was mostly joking, theres no information to actually support that. Theres nothing that directly contradicts it either, but no support.
Reply Quote
Plot armor.
Reply Quote
There are any number of reasons why that fall didn't kill Deckard. Perhaps he only fell one level down? Perhaps he landed on a pile of mushy dead bodies? :P
Reply Quote
That's actually a great question.. and I love Keltest's explanation.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 02:04 AMPosted by Chris
That's actually a great question.. and I love Keltest's explanation.

Yeah. I know he was joking, but that makes more sense than surviving this fall.
Reply Quote
I don't know why people are asking why he survived the fall.

I'm asking, "How did he survive the IMPACT?" SERIOUSLY! I ask Leah if she's the one that survived the fallen star, and she tells me, "I did, but it blasted my uncle Deckard Cain into the depths of the cathedral." My first response would be "I'm sorry for your loss," not "Don't worry, I'll get him back for you."
Edited by Varin#1482 on 11/19/2013 5:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 05:00 AMPosted by Varin
I'm asking, "How did he survive the IMPACT?" SERIOUSLY! I ask Leah if she's the one that survived the fallen star, and she tells me, "I did, but it blasted my uncle Deckard Cain into the depths of the cathedral." My first response would be "I'm sorry for your loss," not "Don't worry, I'll get him back for you."

haha
Reply Quote
Black Mushrooms.

Cain is a space cadet. The old dude can FLY.
Reply Quote
11/30/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Witchfinder
Black Mushrooms.

Cain is a space cadet. The old dude can FLY.

he knows about as much about black mushrooms as he does red herrings.
Reply Quote
Magic items are pretty common in Sanctuary, maybe his outfit had some defensive stats. Or maybe he knew a protective spell like Mana Shield.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]