Diablo® III

Why D2 made me really mad...

When everything became immune to my sorc I was MAD. In Hell difficulty and in PK the Sorc could only kill certain monsters and players and I'm glad we have a chance to kill anything in D3. Seriously, as fun as D2 was, it had some major unbalancing of it's own... Now with the bot infestation it's doomed :O
Reply Quote
Sounds like you didn't like putting thought into builds and prefer to faceroll everything. Personally I always built meteorb over blizzard because although I killed slower I didn't have to skip mobs.

In d3 I find uniform damage extremely boring as the only way difficulty can be increased is with stupid affixes like jailer and shielding or by scaling up monster damage and hp. (Btw some of the elite affixes I actually like but they don't really force you to use different skills but rather just provide more gear checks.)
Reply Quote
Well you know, there is a featured called "playing with other players in a team".

You are crying because you could not beat the content of the game, with a sorc that was one dimensional and clearly useful only in a well balanced team? You must be joking....
Reply Quote
All the current characters i recently made can clean everything. Your problem seems like l2p one.

Ofc that doesn't mean everything is facerollable easy mode, when you pick a build you make yourself less efficient vs some types of monsters and very efficient vs others.
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Zeyta
When everything became immune to my sorc I was MAD. In Hell difficulty and in PK the Sorc could only kill certain monsters and players and I'm glad we have a chance to kill anything in D3. Seriously, as fun as D2 was, it had some major unbalancing of it's own... Now with the bot infestation it's doomed :O

For those of us who knew how to build a sorc, especcially for PVE, it was easy to make one that could kill EVERYTHING. Then add a merc, even without the better runewords, if you had a good one, with decent enough gear, they could kill anything you might have trouble with.

There was NO UNKILLABLE mobs in D2, to any class.
Reply Quote
immunities and resistances worked very well and were adding good challenge but there is a way to get thru it
Reply Quote
Thats kind of what made d2 fun is if you made your build right you could "manage" hell mode on all class's. But the best way too play was in teams if your playing a sorc call in a barb for shouts and to deal with elemental res and to make the team really nice call in a pally for auras blessed hammer smite ect.. This is what i think is lacking in d3 is the need for party members. only thing that made me really mad about d2 was the fact they booted you from the server if you logged into one to many games in a certain time limit wouldn't have been a problem but if you had a good MF team or PVM team everthing went very fast.
Reply Quote
I didn't say I didn't find a build for it, but that Sorcs were the most limited of all the classes because of immunities and gear that could make their damage obsolete. So we had to make silly builds and use mercs just to get through it. I like that now our wizards are on the same level as the other characters so that we don't have to limit builds and can experiment with way more.
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 07:39 PMPosted by Zeyta
I didn't say I didn't find a build for it, but that Sorcs were the most limited of all the classes because of immunities and gear that could make their damage obsolete. So we had to make silly builds and use mercs just to get through it. I like that now our wizards are on the same level as the other characters so that we don't have to limit builds and can experiment with way more.

Are we playing the same d3? Wizard SUCKS compared to all classes but the demon hunter! The major viable wizard build is melee! And don't even get me started on wizard mobility.
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 07:47 PMPosted by ChuckNorris

Dual spec it up. Fireball/frozen orb sorces were overpowered farmers.

Once you got an infinity you could faceroll everything as a lighting sorcs. Game design and itemization at its best.

I know. But what I'm saying how unequal we were to other classes that didn't need the extra adjustment just to be on the same level.

You mean you had to think and use tactics and play with other people to be successful? Wow, what an idea!

Yeah... you're not really that clever tbh. Learn to read please... *rolls eyes*

Are we playing the same d3? Wizard SUCKS compared to all classes but the demon hunter! The major viable wizard build is melee! And don't even get me started on wizard mobility.

Ya we are but I have had no problems against other classes in D3. Tho I do own DH pretty well LOL! :P
Reply Quote
This is what I loved about Diablo 2,

Not every build was viable for every part of diablo two... Granted there are a few OP builds like hammeridian..

In a way you are correct about the sorceress, lighting sorc is the only sorc you can facepalm every single part of hell due to infinity on a merc..... But that never stopped me from making a melee enchant sorceress, every ladder I seem to find some perfect item and still to date I have never found that makes me want to build a character based around that item) because even if you wanted to play in nightmare, you could find some of the best items in the game (NM A2 andy best drop rate for SOJ)... And the bots in diablo 2 are easy to fix,,,, captcha or however you spell it, yay for me I graduate with a bachelors in biochemisty in approx. one month

Coming to Diablo 3, I have always thought of D3 as a "god of war" of diablo I haven't played the new ones GOW, but easy was easy, then you up'ped the diffuculty it got harder, then you put it on the hardest diffuculty, it was insane, the easy enemies became a threat and you became better at the mechanics of the game if you wanted to progress something that would take you 20 seconds in a lesser diffuculty as opposed to just upping the amount of health (sorry if they did fix this I havent' played this damn game in a while)...

I think one of the biggest defects in D3 for me besides the lack of characterization, and there is really no characterization because I started a character, and my friend started a character on my account, and when I wanted to make his class of character, there really was no point so I just leveled his guy up more because it would be the same character, that's why my demon hunter is named something like gustofo or some BS like that
Reply Quote
Heh, sorry about the spelling and grammitcal errors
Reply Quote
In D2 I used a Blizz sorc as my first mf'er, when I got the gear I could run anyone including The Countess and Nihlathak. You just need to know how to use your character.
Reply Quote
My first d2 sorc was the firewall sorc, I found so much stuph from the meph trick HEHEHEH

man, what I love about D2, (I started playing it when I was in the 7th grade, my computer sucked a$$ and I couldnt run it so I was stuck on d1) was I litteraly never found an HR, the highest HR I ever found was a VEX, and my damn nephue grabbed it before me!!! hahahaha!!

but, I got a bot... everybody and their mom has one,

I really wanted D3 to be a D2 with an upgraded security system and more content, I don't care about graphics.... I think that graphics don't do anything to a !@#$ty game...

anyways,,, sorry if I didn't really add anything to the conversation, im drunk... with that

If the sun was to vanish instanateaously )<---- [how do you spell that] would the earth keep traveling in a rotational direction or tread on a tangent instantaneously or wait for atleast the speed of light
Reply Quote
If the sun was to vanish instanateaously )<---- [how do you spell that] would the earth keep traveling in a rotational direction or tread on a tangent instantaneously or wait for atleast the speed of light

Tie a heavy bucket of water to a string thats not strong enough to hold it. outside. Swing the bucket around you holding the end of the string. Keep spinning til that string breaks. the string represents the gravity of the sun holding our earth in orbit.
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 09:33 PMPosted by RoadRatt
In D2 I used a Blizz sorc as my first mf'er, when I got the gear I could run anyone including The Countess and Nihlathak. You just need to know how to use your character.

For the last time... I KNOW HOW TO USE MY CHARACTER!! Lol... That's not what im talking about tho. It's about how sorcs were purposely more limited than other characters and it was not balanced. That doesn't mean I wasn't able to play on my sorc through hell difficulty and such. I'm not a newb I know how to play! Grrr!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]