Diablo® III

Rate the Barb above You

@darkhadouNZ 8/10 solid barb all around, I'm nitpicking but at least that means you can still improve :) seeing as you duel-wield I get why you would want a litany for the dmg reduction vs elites, but there are much better options for you, a good SoJ or really strong unity would be an upgrade. The other I'd consider is natalya's when paired with the boots you get an extra 7% crit chance on top of the stats on the boots/ring.
So. I came back after a 1 year hiatus, spent a few hours derping around with the new crafting options and managed to get a decent shoulders (finally! :D). Most of my stuff are from a looong time back, so go easy on me guys.

Would like some pointers/advice on my gear and current meta. Thanks guys.
I've made a few updates, thank you all for all the great feedback. Wondering what else I can do to hit that 300k mark
View profile
@IamWay: 7/10 You have everything you need, you just need more of it. More cc/cd/stats/ias/etc on all the pieces. Gear is so much better these days, play for a little while and you should be able to get some upgrades pretty easily. Shoot for 2.5 aps in mh with an os/ls EF in oh, or 2.857 aps if you go axe instead of mace for your mh.

Jackmerious is my current barb.
Edited by Bryanw1995#1913 on 11/26/2013 2:00 PM PST
dont really know much about rating..just wanna know what i could do to be better and what i should get..not much moneys :(
@Zeon

your life seems a bit low as well as your AR. try to get it to 50k life at least. your AR should be at the 500 mark minimum. try to craft shoulders with high vit/str and AR. maybe try to get innas with high vit and switch to IC. i dont think you need the 5 IK set bonus. upgrade your gems last.

try to look for planet. he has a gearing thread going on. he can help you.

good luck dude.
^^ 6.5/10 decent barbarian

rate and advice please
dinox. nice storm shield. like your gear alot cool build. also cool sword. surprised that you are getting enough vite back though. way to stack it onto those pants and boots. 9/10 (gave you extra points for style)
controls: get some vite on your chest and res all on your bracers. cool that you got trifecta ik dont see that too often. 7/10 (extra points for you shnazy gloves)
Grayson.. your AR seems kinda low. hardened wrath over impunity? hope your hellfire ring is just for xp farming :P
@Fenriz #1771, 7/10. If budget permits upgrade your helm to have crit.
@ Fenriz: my hell fire ring is for playing everything. I use it all the time. There is nothing that is not worth using that ring for. Also I use the war cry that I do because I think that it is better for my over all damage reduction which reads out at 77% with it which is more than when I use impunity though it may be less helpful to my friends (had not thought about that in some time). I think that your right though my AR is kinda low but i never notice it as a problem as I don't get one shotted and rend pulls in: (9% +5% of the 500k it tics for every half second on a single monster). perhaps I'm just being over defensive because I'm bummed out that you neglected to rate me on a scale. I used to use immortal kings boots but opted for the.

Also cvvikram: I really like the use of the storm shield. I did not know that you would be able to get your damage up so high that way. but that extra 10% to crit must be very helpful. also cool that you are using cleave. Your rings are also spectacular especially in that they compliment each others min and max damage. good belt too. probably goes a long way for your damage. possible upgrades might be your boots you could probably squeeze more damage out of them. Is your base damage really 330k? that just baffles me. if thats only with into the fray you still have amazing some where around 280 I'm guessing. Any way good stuff looks like you have put alot of care into old vikram. I suggest using bash for the 24% damage boost and then just use the HOTA but you seem to know what you are doing.
Since people have already commented on Grayson and cvvikram there's not much more to say. I really need to buy gold or something because everyone's gear is way better than mine, even new barbs. I can farm mp8 though but I get stomped on mp10. It's sad to see someone that's S&B with 336k dmg and I sit with only 169k.
@Malnok 7/10 get the resists and armor up and you'll be fine.
Brian, you're well on your way...but need more STR stats on the ammy, Lacunis pants. For not much $$$ you should be able to upgrade. :)
11/27/2013 03:52 PMPosted by jerjabs
Brian, you're well on your way...but need more STR stats on the ammy, Lacunis pants. For not much $$$ you should be able to upgrade. :)

I don't buy gear simply because I enjoy the challenge of building my character, and besides with RoS coming out, along with an entirely new drop system, buying things now would be pointless even if I wanted to. I am glad they are taking out the auction house, even though I have used it extensively. I felt the fun of D2 and LoD was that you only got gear through grinding, random freakish luck, and trades.

Oh and since you never rated my barb I'll rate yours.

@JerJabs 6/10 You have a lot of nice gear but your AR is almost non-existent. Having a lot of strength is great, but there is no way you are surviving higher MP with under 7k armor and less than 400 AR. I checked your gear and I know that you have other +elemental resists but your AR is 272 which is too low.
Edited by BrianGoudy#1540 on 11/27/2013 7:55 PM PST
Yeah, my AR could use a bump but I farm MP8 with no problems. I can do higher levels...it's just slower.

6/10? So my gear is just a tad above average barbarian gear? I think you had a bad day at work or something. If I'm a 6/10, what would you rate your own current gear?

Plus, your gear was rated a page or two ago. Sorry if you are here fishing for complements and I didn't come through for you.

PS: After your comment I went and did a couple MP10 crypt runs. I replaced Overpower with war cry / impunity and did just fine. Not sure why you think my gear is not higher MP worthy. I will say that farming MP8 seems much more efficient...but MP10 was no issue at all. Please educate me on why my barb is not supposed to be able to thrive in the higher levels. Do you think I should notify Blizzard and let them know that there is some sort of bug that is allowing my feeble barb to somehow kill stuff at MP8 and above?
Thanks.
Edited by jerjabs#1110 on 11/28/2013 1:10 AM PST
11/27/2013 11:40 PMPosted by jerjabs
Yeah, my AR could use a bump but I farm MP8 with no problems. I can do higher levels...it's just slower.

6/10? So my gear is just a tad above average barbarian gear? I think you had a bad day at work or something. If I'm a 6/10, what would you rate your own current gear?

Plus, your gear was rated a page or two ago. Sorry if you are here fishing for complements and I didn't come through for you.

PS: After your comment I went and did a couple MP10 crypt runs. I replaced Overpower with war cry / impunity and did just fine. Not sure why you think my gear is not higher MP worthy. I will say that farming MP8 seems much more efficient...but MP10 was no issue at all. Please educate me on why my barb is not supposed to be able to thrive in the higher levels. Do you think I should notify Blizzard and let them know that there is some sort of bug that is allowing my feeble barb to somehow kill stuff at MP8 and above?
Thanks.

I originally rated you a 7/10 bc your gear is good and your getting close to MP10, but bc the whole point of this thread is to rate other barbs and you did not do that, I deducted a point. I'm glad you are able to do MP8 and up, heck I remember when I could not do anything past MP5 a few months ago, I may have come off as harsh, but remember we are all subjecting ourselves to criticism in this thread. Plus, I began by saying "You have a lot of good gear..." a compliment. In some instances your gear is better than my own, I was merely trying to point out your characters Achilles heel so you could work on it, heck I've had people tell me where my char was weak, and sure enough by taking the constructive criticism and doing something about it I was finally able to do MP10 efficiently. Even if I had to get whooped by Fabby and Wanna to make that happen :)
Edited by BrianGoudy#1540 on 11/28/2013 7:49 AM PST
Not to keep kicking the hornet's nest, but what does "your gear is good and your getting close to MP10" mean? I can easily do MP10 now. Just because my AR is lower than yours, my damage output and life steal keeps me rolling with no issues. I prefer MP8 because of the speed I can face roll through stuff.
Edited by jerjabs#1110 on 11/28/2013 8:58 AM PST
11/28/2013 08:56 AMPosted by jerjabs
Not to keep kicking the hornet's nest, but what does "your gear is good and your getting close to MP10" mean? I can easily do MP10 now. Just because my AR is lower than yours, my damage output and life steal keeps me rolling with no issues. I prefer MP8 because of the speed I can face roll through stuff.

add me, we will do an MP10 run sometime and duel for giggles.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]