1. What is your stance on "Avalanche" guys? Good, bad, does it fit our fantasy?
2. Do you have other (better) ideas for new Barbarian skills?
Short video of Avalanche (18 sec)
Whole panel video from BlizzCon
26:40 -> Wyatt begins to talk about new class skills.
28:50 -> Avalanche is showcased.
Cooldown: 30 seconds / Cause a massive deluge of rocks and debris to sweep across an area dealing 1800% weapon damage to all enemies caught in its path. / Cooldown is reduced by 1 second for every 25 Fury you spend.
- Glacier: (Advanced) Giant spears of ice freeze enemies.
- Snow-Capped Mountain: (Advanced) Cave in from both sides push monsters into a valley in front of you.
- Volcanic Eruption: (Advanced) Chunks of molten lava rain down from the sky.
- Lahar : (Advanced) Cooldown is reduced by 1 second for every 15 Fury spent.
- Tectonic Rift : (Advanced) Store up to 3 charges of Avalanche at a time.
RagingKoala´s improvement ideas in the RoS topic
Rumble: Stalagmites fall from the sky, crushing and dealing damage, (physical based) The crushing effect should slow the enemies movement, mid-upper range damage.
Cracking rift: Armageddon type brimstone rain from the sky and burn the enemy over time, (fire based) Impacts should be random and deal massive damages with a decent burn damage radius as well.
Strength from Earth: Huge ice shards slow enemies with a chance to freeze. (cold based) Have this rune deal a lower amount of damage to make up for the slowing/freezing effects.
...and, I guess, partially my fault too (maybe?).
4. Runes (1) element (2) on crit (3) on kill effects
a) Stagger: the initial shockwave pushes enemies towards you
- element – just your weapon damage, reverse Knockback
- on crit – stun the target for 1.5 sec
- on kill - affected enemies have an increased chance to leave behind a health globe when they die
d) Strength from Earth: initial shockwave releases magma from the ground
- element – direct fire damage, keeps Knockback
- on crit – create a small explosion that generates 1 fury for each enemy hit
- on kill – slain enemies leave behind a pool of fire that deals Dot damage to enemies passing through it
e) Arctic Rift: initial shockwave creates sharp ice shards
– element – direct cold damage, keeps Knockback
- on crit - ice shards Blind affected enemies
- on kill – ice shard explosion that deals damage to nearby enemies
Although those were improvement ideas for Seismic Slam ;)
Well, my personal opinion is that its animation is more like Meteor than Earthquake and I don´t think it fits the class. We don´t really need another skill like this. I´ll probably post alternative ideas in a couple of days in the RoS forums. My favourite is Battle Command with neat bonuses to turn Barbs into a party friendly player ;)
I really do like the active cooldown reduction mechanic of Avalanche though.
What´s your opinion?