Diablo® III

Listening to Mumble broadcast->English 101.

Melkor sings "Murderma~ bom bom bom bom bom Murderma~" like it's the chorus to one of his raps. It's a warm feeling like he is hugging me through the Internet.
Reply Quote
It was indeed a good room today i think we nearly filled the server right?

The biggest surprise for me was the amount of jet setters we had lol, i just got off the plane last night and a few other folks have just got off theirs and where did we all meet up? in game and on the mumble server lol.

The end of blizzcon seems to have marked a return to D3 for many folks as well, i know Jaetch mentioned that his list was at a record 40+ users online at one time - WOW :)

Yoda feel free to listen into the D3 mumble radio anytime ;) whats more is that conversations with you will be the bomb... because you won't be able to talk back mwahahahaha :P lol just kidding ;)

IF the Wiz forum becomes a sort of wizard face book... well then... good - at least teh game is still alive for some of us even if alot of the folks are reorganising their priorites i know i can't play as much as i used to at least not for the holiday period but when everyone goes back to work i should be back on holiday and that sound sprim RoS time :D

untill then i'll just jump on for a bit here and there, annoy mao with my accent and be sure to ask a stupid question. lol.
Reply Quote

Never said that. Don't get jumpy with your conclusion.

Ok then, it's not harming you, and you got your answer in Jaetch's post.

So...end of discussion, or is there anything else you'd like to add?

I did not say it's not harming me either. In fact, I did not judge at all. And no, I did not get a satisfying answer in Jaetch' post, as can be seen in my reply to it.

I'm trying to have a somewhat reasonable argument here, but instead of responding to what I asked, most of the people here keep attacking me on my supposed bias. Just stick to what is said, and you will save everyone a lot of confusion. So far Jaetch is the only one who managed to do so.

Some of you seem to think this is a contra-yoda argument, but it is not. It just could have been someone else's thread I posted this in.

P.S. wasn't me who reported.
Reply Quote
What is their to argue about or even discuss?

Yoda posts a lot. Yes most of them seem like FB posts. Who cares? Maybe his homelife sucks and this is where he gets relief.

I think I'll start a thread about how I haz Cheezburger and left-leaning mantoes are ruining the game.
Reply Quote
11/11/2013 06:36 PMPosted by MrDuMa
Imagine talking to 100 Loroese's... think long and hard about that.

Yes please, where can this be done?

I want that forum!
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 02:10 AMPosted by Rayquorz
I'm trying to have a somewhat reasonable argument here, but instead of responding to what I asked, most of the people here keep attacking me on my supposed bias. Just stick to what is said, and you will save everyone a lot of confusion. So far Jaetch is the only one who managed to do so.

I saw this last night and thought it was over but you seem to have more things to say.

You would have an argument, only if Yoda's original post was irrelevant to this game and wiz forum. Mumble Wiz channel is a sub-forum derived from here and the conversation Yoda has mentioned was D3 related. He just redirected that conversation to the main forum, that's all. It doesn't seem to all irrelevant to me.

Most importantly, this forum is a community and we have key influencers who are leading the community. They have earned certain positions here and we respect that. If you are not frequent contributors and don't belong to the community, I don't know why you raise your concern.
Reply Quote
I did not say it's not harming me either. In fact, I did not judge at all. And no, I did not get a satisfying answer in Jaetch' post, as can be seen in my reply to it.

Some of you seem to think this is a contra-yoda argument, but it is not. It just could have been someone else's thread I posted this in.

P.S. wasn't me who reported.

I did address your original post and your reply was "A bit..."... you haven't addressed any of my arguments. In fact, looking back, it looks like you've selectively chosen who to reply to and ignored everything else.

What relevance does this have to the wizard forums? It's addressing wizard players. What relevance does your initial reply have in this thread? Nothing. So long as players are posting under the CoC of the forum, they can post anything they want. It's already strict enough as it is.

Remove the social aspect of the forums and I guarantee that there would be very very few people making posts, especially since nothing really new has been found for a while now.
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 05:48 AMPosted by MrDuMa
What relevance does this have to the wizard forums? It's addressing wizard players. What relevance does your initial reply have in this thread? Nothing.

This. +1 :)
Reply Quote
And no, I did not get a satisfying answer in Jaetch' post, as can be seen in my reply to it.

w0t?
Who here needs to give you a "satisfying answer?"
The answer is, if you do not like it... go the hell away and find something you do like... start with yourself.
Why the hell are you even in the U.S. forums?
Oh, is it because of a complete ennui, self-subligation and lack of ANY creative *voices in your European world? Go figure...

*plural
Reply Quote
Troll wins!
Reply Quote
Rayquorz.

My father once told me that just because I didn't lie, doesn't mean I told the truth. Your argument is pacifist in nature, but an argument it remains nonetheless. I see what you did here, and whilst you cleverly incited my friends into a rage, I don't believe you get to stand behind the noble facade of, "I cometh as a gentleman and it is thy who have done wrong." I applaud your effort, but whether you realize it or not, this is, as my friend Garbl claimed, a troll post.
Reply Quote
Yes, yoda makes lots of posts. Too many? That depends.

If you think yoda's posts harm the forum, then that's a conversation we can have, though I doubt you'll find many who would agree with that. I certainly don't.

But if you don't think his posts harm the Wizard forums, then there is no problem, and then the original question, "What's up with that?", has the following answer: humans are social creatures and we like to talk to each other. Pretty simple.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Please explain what you're trying to find out.
Edited by mzy#1101 on 11/12/2013 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
My father once told me that just because I didn't lie, doesn't mean I told the truth. Your argument is pacifist in nature, but an argument it remains nonetheless.

Not a very good comparison, how do you know if someone lied c.q. told the truth when he has not yet spoken?

11/12/2013 07:17 AMPosted by mzy
But if you don't think his posts harm the Wizard forums, then there is no problem, and then the original question, "What's up with that?", has the following answer: humans are social creatures and we like to talk to each other. Pretty simple.

That would be one of the first sensible answers. Thank you. I would like to follow up that question with a 'why' and a 'how come'. Jaetch addressed that pretty well, but still left me with some questions. Sure, some offtopic every now and then is fine, but where would you draw the line, if at all. Threads like these have actually become ontopic because they are off in their entirety. I suppose that's what I'm trying to find out.
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Rayquorz
Not a very good comparison, how do you know if someone lied c.q. told the truth when he has not yet spoken?

If you look at my analogy in a vacuum, then yes, you are right, that would be a terrible comparison. But we don't live in a vacuum. If at a later date, my father ascertained that I was in the know of information that I withheld - then he would consider that omission a dishonesty. Like for example:

You lend mzy a Puzzle Ring. You log off. mzy gives me the puzzle ring to try. He logs off. You log back on. You message me, "Man, I missed mzy. I need to get that puzzle ring back." I respond with, "yeah, you do."

My omission of the fact that it is I who now possesses your puzzle ring is paramount to dishonesty. That was my point. And that is somewhat what I am "accusing" you of in your thought process and discussion here. I get the feeling that you know the answer to your own question - but you also know that to put that answer into words is a tall order for us to fill.

That would be one of the first sensible answers. Thank you. I would like to follow up that question with a 'why' and a 'how come'. Jaetch addressed that pretty well, but still left me with some questions. Sure, some offtopic every now and then is fine, but where would you draw the line, if at all. Threads like these have actually become ontopic because they are off in their entirety. I suppose that's what I'm trying to find out.

Although I suspect you don't consider my opinion (or at the very least, my last post) very valid, I would still love the opportunity to take a shot at the next part of this discussion.

May I begin by asking you, "How long have you been watching our forum?"

I ask that question not to follow up with a, "well, then you would/wouldn't know what goes on here," combative response. I ask that question because I'm not sure you understand how this forum has evolved, and grown (and been hurt) over the last 18-23 months or so.

At face value, the function of this forum, noted above by the blue sticky, would suggest that we are well off the beaten trail of its original intent. And to be honest, I would be inclined to agree with that statement - but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. And I'm not sure you do, either? Do you?

Many "forums" evolve from their original design, and that is as Ralph Waldo Emerson so eloquently put it (in so many words) because, "Mankind's best and worst trait are simultaneously the same - his inability to be satisfied with the way things are in their current state." That's how we broke Wicked Wind, and that's why there are 0 bidders and bots. We can't help it. But I don't believe, as I believe RWE also didn't believe, that this is a bad thing, always. Chaos breeds creativity. Yoda's posts sometimes make me roll my eyes. Other times, the guy gets good discussion going. I don't want him to ever stop - because for every post there is of his that may not have value, he has others that do, and who am I to criticize a social chemist? What do you think?
Edited by Melkor#1521 on 11/12/2013 11:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm trying to have a somewhat reasonable argument here

In order to do that, you'll have to actually attempt to make some sort of a point, bud. Rather than this passive-aggressive "don't jump to conclusions" while you leave us with no other choice.

This is your first post.

11/11/2013 06:01 PMPosted by Rayquorz
I've been quite apprehensive in asking this, kind of been playing the waiting game, but this is the last straw. What's up with all the people here using this forum as their fb timeline?

What exactly are we supposed to discuss here?

a) I've been quite apprehensive in asking this
- Congratulations on stepping out of your shell. Hopefully doing so wasn't as scary as you expected it to be.
b) kind "of" (sic) been playing the waiting game
- Don't get me started on how I can't stand people mixing up "have" with "of".
Okay, so you've been waiting a while. Good, your wait is over
c) This is the last straw
- Wow, this sounds scary. Last straw for what? Are we going to make it out alive?
d) What's up with all the people here using this forum as their fb timeline?
- Well, this is the closest thing resembling some sort of a question, though it's hardly a specific one. In fact, its hard to ascertain if it even is a question, or some sort of a statement. If I assume that "what's up with" is code for "why do", then Jaetch's answer is probably the most accurate one you can get, whether it satisfies you or not. A far simpler one is, people post what they want to post, because they can. Blizzard's moderation has gotten lax of late. Some appreciate this, others dislike it. It is what it is. 2+2=4, and my farts stink, whether it satisfies you or not.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 11/12/2013 11:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
All great points.

Just to add: human beings are social, so we socialize.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
but where would you draw the line, if at all. Threads like these have actually become ontopic because they are off in their entirety. I suppose that's what I'm trying to find out.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074647455

Are you a moderator? If not, then it's not your job or responsibility to determine where to draw "the line." So honestly, forum readers shouldn't really care what you're trying to find out.
Edited by Junger#1623 on 11/12/2013 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
11/12/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Jaetch
human beings are social, so we socialize.

and relationships (and forums) evolve:

First, its like, what's attack speed?

Then we talk about 2.73

The it's, where you from bro?

After that we're talking about Nongshim Shin Bowl noodles.

Mit!! Can't drop your mit!

...there be dragons...

Edited by PieHole#1628 on 11/12/2013 11:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 11:39 AMPosted by Melkor
Yoda's posts sometimes make me roll my eyes.

really?

Threads like these have actually become ontopic because they are off in their entirety.

It's not completely off the topic b/c bunch of "wizzes" discuss/talk/interact in Mumble and it's very interesting place to listen to what some of the forum regulars have to say among each other.

sorry if I can not come up with "insightful mind-blowing numberic/statistical Loresse like" topics...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]